Paul Weller aged 62, on Radio 2 A-list, set for #1 album with 25,000 sales

A

Anonymous

Some simple folk round these parts think that radio stations across the board have suddenly stopped playing new Morrissey songs because of his age. This is clearly nonsense. Radio 2, formerly Morrissey's biggest supporter, continue to playlist artists of his age and older eg Paul Weller. Weller's on course for around 25,000 sales this week, the same number Morrissey managed for Low High School when radio got behind 'Spent the day in bed'. The new Weller single isn't even that good.

Remember that time Weller dressed up as a Nazi for a right lark/commentary on the vapidity of pop stars..?

weller hitler.jpg

Them were the days.

This was around the same time that Morrissey was pretending to be Colin Campbell in "The Leather Boys".

From this monstrosity ~

On Radio 2 quiz Popmaster today, November Spawned A Monster was played for a bit and the contestant correctly identified Moz as the singer so, the more you ignore him the closer he gets.

The tragic thing about this is that IANADOAC is soooo much better than On Sunset - but that's what happens when you say dumb-ass stuff and refuse to apologise for it in our current climate where it's expected that all artists follow the same liberal, progressive, multicultural mindset.

"And there's no one but yourself to blame..."

Thought police / Cultural Marxism / Cancel Culture / 'Wokeness'

The tragic thing about this is that IANADOAC is soooo much better than On Sunset - but that's what happens when you say dumb-ass stuff and refuse to apologise for it in our current climate where it's expected that all artists follow the same liberal, progressive, multicultural mindset.

"And there's no one but yourself to blame..."
You don't have to follow a liberal multicultural mindset. You probably just shouldn't urge people to vote for a far-right political party, and tell everyone you prefer your own race. It shouldn't be that hard to do.

You don't have to follow a liberal multicultural mindset. You probably just shouldn't urge people to vote for a far-right political party, and tell everyone you prefer your own race. It shouldn't be that hard to do.

You're obsessed.

Have you noticed how many people get a kicking on social media & then apologise or hire crisis management to deal with it?

J K Rowling is currently the world's most evil transphobe & everytime I look at Twitter someone is either throwing out their Harry Potter books or just buying them.

Moz got misinterpreted & then just gave up.

Some simple folk round these parts think that radio stations across the board have suddenly stopped playing new Morrissey songs because of his age. This is clearly nonsense. Radio 2, formerly Morrissey's biggest supporter, continue to playlist artists of his age and older eg Paul Weller. Weller's on course for around 25,000 sales this week, the same number Morrissey managed for Low High School when radio got behind 'Spent the day in bed'. The new Weller single isn't even that good.
There's a new series starting on Radio2 towards the end of July with Bruce Springsteen playing some of his favourite songs and Morrissey is among the playlist on the first episode (I think it's 25th July). Be interesting to see what song he chooses but the moral of the story is Moz may not have got Radio2 backing for Dog but in the last few days The Smiths This Charming Man was on Jeremy Vine and Moz was singing November Spawned A Monster on Ken Bruce PopMaster (contestant got question right too) plus just about 3 weeks ago Radio4 replayed Moz on Desert Island Discs with Kirsty Young which was on for 45mins. Obviously not massive recent airplay (there may be other songs played I've not heard) but the idea he doesn't get mentioned on BBC Radio anymore is incorrect.

There's a new series starting on Radio2 towards the end of July with Bruce Springsteen playing some of his favourite songs and Morrissey is among the playlist on the first episode (I think it's 25th July). Be interesting to see what song he chooses but the moral of the story is Moz may not have got Radio2 backing for Dog but in the last few days The Smiths This Charming Man was on Jeremy Vine and Moz was singing November Spawned A Monster on Ken Bruce PopMaster (contestant got question right too) plus just about 3 weeks ago Radio4 replayed Moz on Desert Island Discs with Kirsty Young which was on for 45mins. Obviously not massive recent airplay (there may be other songs played I've not heard) but the idea he doesn't get mentioned on BBC Radio anymore is incorrect.
There's no suggestion of anyone no longer playing Smiths songs. Or old Morrissey songs. Clearly, guests (like Springsteen) can play whatever they like. But there appears to be an almost complete BBC boycott of new Morrissey songs which has effectively destroyed Dog on a Chain commercially (a pathetic 6,000 sales then out of the top 100 completely). It's unprecedented. And will probably also destroy his chances of any future record deal. Time will tell.
In the meantime, Morrissey needs to think long and hard about whether he genuinely does support For Britain and everything they stand for. It's costing him his reputation and any future he might have as an ongoing recording artist (no problem continuing as a live act, albeit to much reduced audiences).

There's no suggestion of anyone no longer playing Smiths songs. Or old Morrissey songs. Clearly, guests (like Springsteen) can play whatever they like. But there appears to be an almost complete BBC boycott of new Morrissey songs which has effectively destroyed Dog on a Chain commercially (a pathetic 6,000 sales then out of the top 100 completely). It's unprecedented. And will probably also destroy his chances of any future record deal. Time will tell.
In the meantime, Morrissey needs to think long and hard about whether he genuinely does support For Britain and everything they stand for. It's costing him his reputation and any future he might have as an ongoing recording artist (no problem continuing as a live act, albeit to much reduced audiences).
Seems kinda hypocritical to play The Smiths and Morrissey pre 2020 and deliberately not play Moz most recent stuff although as it stands that does seem to be the case.
Personally I'm still confused by a certain group of ex fans decision to quit based on the largely anonymous party For Britain. The party is irrelevant really so why folk have got their knickers in a twist over this is beyond me, seriously. You could read their manifesto to me but it wont make me vote for them. On the other hand if Moz likes them for whatever reason that is HIS choice and I'm certain he won't attempt to appease the lemmings that have jumped ship. I'm a fan for life and no daft politics will ever get in the way of that.

He has said he still doesn't vote & still isn't a member of any political party.

All that really happened with Dog is that he wouldn't do any publicity for it for it at all so it was put out with little support & no one picked it up.

They could have pushed Bobby because it's hard to accuse someone of racism with Thelma there - they could even have got Thelma to do the rounds, she would have been brilliant in Radio interviews. But clearly there's been a lot of turmoil & no one did anything & no one knows what's going on with him, so it's sidelined & he got a horrible mauling from hacks & STILL wouldn't do an interview.

He's either not going to ever talk to the press again & will evolve into an eccentric recluse & that'll be how they forget the Scandal... or he'll start talking to the press again & we'll have to see how that pans out.

Back
Top Bottom