Passions Just Like Mine RIP

Re: Passions Just Like Mine RIP

Thank you for everything Stephane.

If there's anything I can do to help, I'm here.

Wow, I just want to say that we have lost a a great deal of important information about the Morrissey culture if this information never comes back. Thanks for the wonderful site and all your hard work spent on it! It is such a shame since it appears that Moz might be coming to the end of the road soon. Certainly understand the reasons and agree that at some point life must go on. Just an amazing site filled with such details that are so great for the people who lived it and for those who live through it. I don't have the proper words to express how that site is a document that helps me remember my life and all my Morrissey adventures that date back to the start. No other site can take the place of this one and it will be sadly missed. All this information must be preserved. I smell a book! Let me know if you need any help!

Thanks stephane you have provided me with an invaluable resource and prefect expansion to my mozipedia. Anything I jeanne ever wanted or cared to know was contained within your digital walls. Best if luck on your future projects

My post at 5:45 said 'With no word from Stephane ...' but it turned out he'd posted something at 5:35... in my defence I was travelling up the M1 / M6 and relying on my Blackberry. Ironically, I've been south for a few days, I was travelling north, I stopped at Newport Pagnal services (didn't lose my bag), checked my twitter feed to read the news of the passing of Passions Just Like Mine.

It's great to hear that Stephane is ok, and that all isn't lost; I doubt that when he created the site in 1995 he thought he'd still be doing it in 2012, let alone know how much it would come to dominate his life, I really do hope that some solution can be found using a collective approach with some of the best collectors from across the globe contributing, with Stephane keeping a watchful eye...

Good luck with your future plans.

And... if Morrissey or his people are reading these threads... take head of Stephane's words "And I will still go to see him in concert... if he ever plays Canada again (cough!)" he deserves his own tour, I think he's earned it (baby).

Dave

My post at 5:45 said 'With no word from Stephane ...' but it turned out he'd posted something at 5:35... in my defence I was travelling up the M1 / M6 and relying on my Blackberry. Ironically, I've been south for a few days, I was travelling north, I stopped at Newport Pagnal services (didn't lose my bag), checked my twitter feed to read the news of the passing of Passions Just Like Mine.

It's great to hear that Stephane is ok, and that all isn't lost; I doubt that when he created the site in 1995 he thought he'd still be doing it in 2012, let alone know how much it would come to dominate his life, I really do hope that some solution can be found using a collective approach with some of the best collectors from across the globe contributing, with Stephane keeping a watchful eye...

Good luck with your future plans.

And... if Morrissey or his people are reading these threads... take head of Stephane's words "And I will still go to see him in concert... if he ever plays Canada again (cough!)" he deserves his own tour, I think he's earned it (baby).

Dave
Morrissey reads our posts???:confused:

Thanks Stephane!

New Shirt design:
Morrissey&
Marr&
Rourke&
Joyce&
Stephane

Last edited:
Absolutely gutted, like everyone else here. As a collector of every single version of everything i can get my hands on, i now have nowhere to reference things, making that very difficult to do now. I've heard mention on these pages of a book being produced, but that could never work as things can't be updated or info changed without many revised editions. I sincerely hope the site can be brought back in one form or another, but one person could never produce the amazing work that Stephane has. I have contacted Stephane myself a few times with contradictions in my collection and feel sad i won't be able to do that anymore. Having said all of that, i think it's totally understandable that this decision has been reached. It was one monumental task, and i'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Feels like the smiths splitting up all over again!
As is more than evident here, you will be very sadly missed.

The wolvo Kid.

Would it be possible to incorporate passions here at solo? Let the pages be taken on as they are and have a team of members maintain them. I know there would be those among the collectors who would see it as a privelidge to maintain passions, and keep Stephane as an honorary guardian if he doesn't want to be involved his self. What do you think David T?

This is horrible! The best site for reference is no more... The thing I will miss the most is "Under The Influence". The amount of goodies I've found there... f*** me.

But, all the best to Stephane. Cheers.

Personal message to Stephane:

Thanks for a perfect statement. I can fully understand you. But please DON'T let the information die. As you can read here people really like your excellent, extremely hard work. Probably one of the best and most informative sites for any artist on the internet. I know an Elvis site and a Dylan site that only can compare with yours. You 're not just "the guy who stitched it all together". You are actually a legend among Morrissey fans from all over the World. Thank your for anything. I have spent countless hours at PJLM through the years.
- Martin

Sad to see a great site go, hopefully the pages can be uploaded somewhere on here.

For anyone interested I made a list several months ago of all the catalogue numbers for all the Moz singles, PM me if you'd like a copy(if like me your collecting all versions)

Thanks for such a great site Stephane, was a pleasure reading through all the pages especially the under the influence pages

Last edited:

Thank you Stephane for your courteous replies, when we had an intelligent question. Your efforts in sharing your information will always be apprciated. Still can't believe this site is no more. "We're really missing you and you've only just gone!"

No offense to Morrissey-Solo, but it's not a good place to host something like PJLM. Just compare the two sites and you'll hopefully get my drift.
Surely I get your drift! I was thinking about the traffic; Morrissey-Solo is the usually the first reference that comes up at every Google search about Morrissey. That's how I myself came here, long before finding out about all the controversies or noticing all the anonymous bitching etc.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom