Our hero's shame

You and the Palestinians need to get the f*** over it. They were conquered by a superior force...just as the Jews were that originally occupied that same land. Their rights to that land are worth as much as the Indians and Mexicans rights to America...which is worth approximately "jack" and "shit".

We could say the same about Ireland, about England running scotland, about the falklands. Morrissey is against this but not against Israels position. But thats because deep down morrissey has no politucal opinion beyond shit stiring and kicking again popular opinion. In terms of Israel its pretty obvious its another " mexico "
Nothing more than a revenue stream. Although lots of gays are pro Israel. They fall for the countries pretend " progressive " program

Tigresa del Oriente (Perú) has a song Israel, too.

And I'm not being sarcastic.

Pffft. Everybody knows Siouxsie did Israel first.

(And probably more iconically than M in the long run.)

doh:fail ^

You do know they are different songs, don't you ?

anyways, in the long run... I don't think Susan even owns a pair of sneakers.

doh:fail ^

You do know they are different songs, don't you ?

anyways, in the long run... I don't think Susan even owns a pair of sneakers.
Oh c'mon. Of course I know they are different songs. George Michael and The Cure also obviously didn't sing the same version of Faith.
Siouxsie is an absolute icon, but no doubt she's more a footnote to post punk pop culture than many of her peers.

Oh c'mon. Of course I know they are different songs. George Michael and The Cure also obviously didn't sing the same version of Faith.
Siouxsie is an absolute icon, but no doubt she's more a footnote to post punk pop culture than many of her peers.
I think she's one of the biggest names in post-punk. Only Moz, R Smith and Ian C are bigger/more well-known, I'd say.

I think she's one of the biggest names in post-punk. Only Moz, R Smith and Ian C are bigger/more well-known, I'd say.
She definitely is a bigger name. I was mainly referring to impact throughout her career, and future generations listening to her in substantial numbers. To me, she's an icon of not only music, but feminism, sexual freedom, style, and on and on. She's part of the original Bromley contingent. Enough said right there.

Ian stands out due to the death cult as much as the music, The Cure due to sheer popularity, and Morrissey will probably be best remembered for outrageous statements in his solo years, and the music of The Smiths.

EDIT: Basically, I was speculating not on my behalf, or even most of her fans, but rather the world at large regarding her. Also- If anyone here watches Stranger Things, did the scene where Johnathan asks the young lady dressed as Siouxsie at the party if she was "Kiss" piss you off as much as it did me? I mean, we're expected to believe the kid listens to Joy Division etc, but doesn't know Siouxsie & The Banshees? C'mon!

Hey everyone! A moderator! They never show up when needed but always there to put the boot in to Morrissey! Well done moderator.

S a d b u t T R U E.

And it's USUALLY around TOUR time too.

Plus we also have the usual 'anonymous' idiots posting spite too.

This pattern of poor behaviour actually arrived in 2002 and then it sadly continued into 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.....

Hazard
x

M is increasingly making bad judgements with the only reason being "publicity". Frankly, and I know you don't care about my thoughts but the final straw is the stupid shirt. He can be the rudest areshole on earth. He is a contradiction to himself and always has been. He has made a career from cheating people out of their hard earned cash to support his suite at the Mandarin Oriental Knightsbridge (that's where he is when in London), so if you want to write to him, send letters there.
Sarah, although horrible, had some influence on him, which sickened him to death, and when I declined the offer of being his PA in 2009, he re employed her. Jennifer also had a huge influence on the man and is a lovely lady. Damo is just doing what he's told. It's sad to see such a talented hairdresser reduced to payroll venue toilet cleaner and bag carrier.

Why the f*** would you send letters to some hotel in London to reach Mayor of LA Steve P. Morrissey? Send them to the City of LA care of the mayor's office.

Speaking of the Siouxsie song, it interestingly also refers to jealousy – although in the context of a much more multilayered, and less hamfisted lyric. It seems Moz might have very consciously gone back to that lyric for inspiration, but botched his ”reworking”.

”There's a man who's looking in
And he smiles a toothless grin
Because he's singing, singing
See some people shine with glee
But their song is jealousy
Their hate is clanging, maddening
In Israel, will they sing Happy Noel
In Israel, in Israel
Israel, in Israel
In Israel, will they sing Happy Noel”

I miss him just blatantly celebrating the kid that killed a policeman when he was thirteen... which is, even then, idiosyncratically marred (pardon the pun) by the admission that it only 'somehow' impressed him... what happened :tears:

Exactly, Morrissey has never held back his opinions in print or song. It's only with the widely-available interviews on the internet and the trendy extra-sensitivity to everything that has stirred the current climate of Morrissey-hate. The different sides of him that express whatever he feels, be it outrageous or sensitive, wrong-headed or devastatingly affecting are what makes him a genius. He's never been without both sides, people have not been paying attention.

You and the Palestinians need to get the f*** over it. They were conquered by a superior force...just as the Jews were that originally occupied that same land. Their rights to that land are worth as much as the Indians and Mexicans rights to America...which is worth approximately "jack" and "shit".

Lol, I don't think I've seen a post receive every kind of rating before.

What the f*** does that mean?
It’s a line that was originally in Love In A Void by Siouxsie and The Banshees, but don’t know why the op mentioned it. Supposedly it was a Steve Severin lyric, and I think Siouxsie said it got changed because people didn’t understand the context, whatever that was?

Redneck alert!
It’s a line that was originally in Love In A Void by Siouxsie and The Banshees, but don’t know why the op mentioned it. Supposedly it was a Steve Severin lyric, and I think Siouxsie said it got changed because people didn’t understand the context, whatever that was?
Very concise explaination. Thank you.

I would to some extent balk at the general suggestion that Morrissey's politics have become more confused as he has become older and richer.

For instance, how do you think a statement like, 'I don't really think that black people and white people will ever really get on or like each other.' (1992) would go down in the era of social media?

It was a time when Siouxsie was sporting a swasticker armband too. The removal of the lyric had way more to do with people not understanding the content.

Redneck alert!

I'm not upset about this post. Honestly, I commend you. It must have been tough for you to just be able to type a response with a limp wrist and dick down your throat. Godspeed, limey c***.

I'm not upset about this post. Honestly, I commend you. It must have been tough for you to just be able to type a response with a limp wrist and dick down your throat. Godspeed, limey c***.
Christ, is that you not upset?
Calm down dear. This is only the internet.

Christ, is that you not upset?
Calm down dear. This is only the internet.

The irony of someone getting upset about a comment regarding the poor Jews (expelled from over 100 countries throughout history for no reason at all!) then in the next breath calling someone a 'redneck' is almost too much. You always were a stupid c*** though, Peterb. Why don't you f*** off again for another three years? You came back with absolutely nothing to say (exactly the same as before you left). Nobody missed you, and nobody remembers your name two weeks after you go.

Back
Top Bottom