Our hero's shame

J

Johnnyhouro

So Morrissey , my hero and role model since my early teens , has finally become politically and morally blinkered. ..... he openly and shamelessly promotes his support for Israel, while conveniently and inexcusably ignores the plight of the oppressed Palestinian people. My heart breaks , shame on you morrissey

So Morrissey , my hero and role model since my early teens , has finally become politically and morally blinkered. ..... he openly and shamelessly promotes his support for Israel, while conveniently and inexcusably ignores the plight of the oppressed Palestinian people. My heart breaks , shame on you morrissey
... oh Jesus -

"Question"

There is no question. Why you lie Johnnyhouro!? Morrissey never was your hero was he? You don't really have a heart do you? Be honest now!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
shame on you johnyhouro for bringing political pish like this onto a music forum.nobodies interested.

Well, to be fair. Moz brings political bollocks into the discussion space regularly.
skinny might have known it would be you who replied.not interested in music only interested in politics on here.

skinny might have known it would be you who replied.not interested in music only interested in politics on here.

Go back and look at my last 20 posts and reassess your position. You could not be more wrong. But maybe it suits you to think otherwise.

Has anyone seen the lyrics to Israel? Is it a blatant celebration of the country?
I got the impression it wasn't. One would certainly hope not...

I miss him just blatantly celebrating the kid that killed a policeman when he was thirteen... which is, even then, idiosyncratically marred (pardon the pun) by the admission that it only 'somehow' impressed him... what happened :tears:

He was awarded the keys to the city of Tel Aviv in 2012, and you've only just discovered he's a supporter of Israel?

Well, to be fair. Moz brings political bollocks into the discussion space regularly.

'for bringing political pish like this onto a music forum.nobodies interested.' - gordyboy9

Well, to be fair, Skinny, Gordyboy9 did say this music forum. So I don't know what 'discussion space' you're talking about. Unless you know for a fact that M comes here and posts about politics, please show us the posts and proof that it is him.

I miss him just blatantly celebrating the kid that killed a policeman when he was thirteen... which is, even then, idiosyncratically marred (pardon the pun) by the admission that it only 'somehow' impressed him... what happened :tears:

well, folks like their political song lyric sugar coated in poetry, but as soon as someone comes out and says exactly what they(more or less)mean, everyone throws up their arms in protest ! 'we can't have that'! we can't have a person writing the way they want and singing the songs that they want to sing!, They say ..'how dare they! after years of building up an image in their minds to what the writer/singer are to them!'

:crazy:

'
I'm just a vision on your TV screen
Just something conjured from a dream
Seen thro' your x-ray eyes,
A see-thro' scene
The image is no images
It's not what it seems.
My limbs are like palm trees
Swaying in no breeze
My body's an oasis
To drink from as you please
I'm not seeing what I'm meant to believe in
Your non excuse for human being.
It's not plain to see
That I'm playing with me
A photo-fit of loose ends, framed in 3-D
A see-thro' scene
The image is no images
It's not what it seems'

:cool:

You and the Palestinians need to get the f*** over it. They were conquered by a superior force...just as the Jews were that originally occupied that same land. Their rights to that land are worth as much as the Indians and Mexicans rights to America...which is worth approximately "jack" and "shit".

well, folks like their political song lyric sugar coated in poetry, but as soon as someone comes out and says exactly what they(more or less)mean, everyone throws up their arms in protest ! 'we can't have that'! we can't have a person writing the way they want and singing the songs that they want to sing!, They say ..'how dare they! after years of building up an image in their minds to what the writer/singer are to them!'

:crazy:

'
I'm just a vision on your TV screen
Just something conjured from a dream
A see-thro' scene
The image is no images
It's not what it seems.
My limbs are like palm trees
Swaying in no breeze
My body's an oasis
To drink from as you please
I'm not seeing what I'm meant to believe in
Your non excuse for human being.
It's not plain to see
That I'm playing with me
A photo-fit of loose ends, framed in 3-D
A see-thro' scene
The image is no images
It's not what it seems'

:cool:

Pffft. Everybody knows Siouxsie did Israel first.

(And probably more iconically than M in the long run.)

Back
Top Bottom