On this day

PlayboysCover.jpg

(Think I'm a bit late with this one. Had it down as February 11, but he was on TOTP February 9, so the correct date was probably January 30)

Last edited:
Was the CD available at the time? Can’t recall when I first come across a CD - late 80’s I think.
Yes, 2 months later than the vinyl & cassettes.
Other discs out about that time/year IIRC (as we bought them - Falco, Dire Straits and Jean Michel Jarre).
Early copies were supplied via Japan (and Japan got it earlier than everywhere else too).
Regards,
FWD.

Edit: 2008

GreatestHitsCover.jpg

Last edited:
16/02/18
The one and only time he played Israel. Opening night in Aberdeen - not sure why this date is etched in my head, maybe because it’s my fave track from High School.

Girl from Tel-Aviv got its only outing that night also (I think)

Happy 12th.
An album I got through some distinctly dodgy means and leaked very early to some of you reprobates.
Regards,
FWD.

Happy 12th.
An album I got through some distinctly dodgy means and leaked very early to some of you reprobates.
Regards,
FWD.

That picture is a masterpiece. Should’ve been used in some capacity.

Also happy b-day to a very underrated album. In my opinion, one of his most consistent and focused albums ever. Had a hard time warming to it back in February ‘09, but eventually got there. It’s far from his best, but even further from being one of his weakest.

Yes, 2 months later than the vinyl & cassettes.
Other discs out about that time/year IIRC (as we bought them - Falco, Dire Straits and Jean Michel Jarre).
Early copies were supplied via Japan (and Japan got it earlier than everywhere else too).
Regards,
FWD.
Thank you
I recall the excitement around cds back in the late 80’s, and thinking they were amazing. Funny how things change.

My favourite post-'comeback' album. I prefer the official cover but I made a compilation of live tracks for myself some time ago and this was one of the alternative covers I cobbled together. Problem with the picture is, it doesn't work well in album format.

cover3.png

Thank you
I recall the excitement around cds back in the late 80’s, and thinking they were amazing. Funny how things change.
The best thing about CDs now, is that they come in a small cardboard box .... and not plastic that always collapsed after being opened...
My CD collection is just a jumble of knackered plastic..
my new record player, that I got last August scratches all vinyl,
And my car refuses to play world peace what so ever, Low in high school jumps for the first three songs and with most other Smiths albums,
Please advise...

The best thing about CDs now, is that they come in a small cardboard box .... and not plastic that always collapsed after being opened...
My CD collection is just a jumble of knackered plastic..
my new record player, that I got last August scratches all vinyl,
And my car refuses to play world peace what so ever, Low in high school jumps for the first three songs and with most other Smiths albums,
Please advise...
I’ve started to part with my cds over the last few years. I always said they would never be sold as they were easily stored but, now; I have little attachment to them.

I’ve started to part with my cds over the last few years. I always said they would never be sold as they were easily stored but, now; I have little attachment to them.
Hold your horses...
this was said about cassettes and vinyl...... remember????
Out of curiosity how many CDs do you have ??

I know what you mean with little attachment, but after we’re gone....
could be something for others to remember us by?

Hold your horses...
this was said about cassettes and vinyl...... remember????
Out of curiosity how many CDs do you have ??

I know what you mean with little attachment, but after we’re gone....
could be something for others to remember us by?
600 or so. Most have never been opened. I tend to gaze at them every now and then. I’m more of a vinyl person.

1995 -Newcastle City Hall - he come out with a NUFC shirt for the encore. He sounded feverish all the way through. Fully expected Ipswich to not happen a couple of days later:

2018. - Glasgow - the night loads in the audience stormed out after his mentioned Sturgeon (allegedly) I deliberately looked round to see if anyone stormed out, and save for 3 people - I didn’t see anything. Nothin to say those 3 were not going to the toilets or for drinks, by the way.

DebutCover.jpg

I also found this while looking for something else and hereby apologise for posting it, but I had to leave it somewhere...

SmithsDebutGif.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom