On this day

I always thought the pic was funny. It’s like the only way he can get fans to pay attention to the music is by putting it where his penis is as all eyes will go there when confronted by a naked pic

Morrissey rips his shirt off, throws it into the crowd, and has pictures of it routinely mocked on social media & in reviews.

He's worn the same t-shirts before & his fondness for drag is well-documented, I don't think he sees it as humiliating.
That is exactly it, Nerak - it's not humiliating for him. It could well be for other members of the band, and he couldn't give a f***.

I understand that some people feel uncomfortable about the drag and bras and nakedness on stage. It's part of the intended reaction.

But at the end of the day it's their decision and none of them would be starving if they didn't work for Morrissey.

If you think it's in bad taste, that's fine, but to say his main motivation for making them do it is to humiliate and mock them or perv on them is quite presumptuous, given that the objectification of the male body has always been a central part of his art, right from the beginning. The way it's conveyed has changed, not the message itself.

It's still against the guidelines.

And you're guessing because no one has said they feel humiliated, or controlled.
It's generally a bit hard to do that once you've signed an NDA.

That is exactly it, Nerak - it's not humiliating for him. It could well be for other members of the band, and he couldn't give a f***.
Well, he probably couldn't give a f*ck if they didn't like playing certain songs either. Their appearance on stage is part of their jobs as well, for better or worse.

It's generally a bit hard to do that once you've signed an NDA.

No, it's not.

They can't stop you from reporting harassment & the humiliation is happening on stage & in photoshoots, so would't be confidential anyway.

Last edited:
No, it's not. They can't stop you from reporting harassment & the humiliation is happening on stage & in photoshoots, so would't be confidential.
Oh come on. Morrissey's band members would not be calling for a tribunal if they felt treated like shit - they would leave, like everyone else does when they've had enough of him. Yet they stay... and we're back to square one.

Oh come on. Morrissey's band members would not be calling for a tribunal if they felt treated like shit - they would leave, like everyone else does when they've had enough of him.

There would be nothing to stop them talking about it in interviews or on their social media.

And none of them have.

There would be nothing to stop them talking about it in interviews or on their social media.
And none of them have.
Ok, Nerak. Ok. They all love dressing up/stripping off, they all love Moz, they're the happiest band in the world and he's the best boss, he's fab. Is that what you want to hear? Will that do?

You are exhausting. Compelled to argue against the slightest negative comment (always), and when you don't want to engage with what's actually being said, you make some dramatic shit up and drag the discussion completely off-topic so that you can ramble on about your hobby topics, law, politics, the Irish immigrant experience or just about anything else. You are repetitive, you are knackering, you're a conversational brick wall and I'm done. I can't imagine what you must be like in real life, I couldn't bear it.

Maybe it's worth posting one of the other shots used on the inner sleeve of the CD singles. Might be a hint that the whole thing shouldn't be taken too seriously...

View attachment 68520

I can’t believe this photo! Morrissey should leave this band!, he’s there on one knee, arms open wide showing that he’s proud and happy to be with his band and look at them ! Mocking him! yes mocking him! How dare they?! how abusive! talk about biting the hand that feeds you! jesus! I don’t know why Morrissey puts up with them, must be some kind of contract.

I’d like to see all the photos from the nude session, I’m sure the bands cracking up and having a laugh. It’s obvious Morrissey chose the photos with the band acting serious, or even asked them to be serious for some photos.

Boz is doing the matching shirt thing with his Misses.

Matching shirts! They must be under some kind of contract they can’t break. Boz shouldn’t take that kind of abuse. Obviously some pervy
power play going on there.

I’d like to see all the photos from the nude session, I’m sure the bands cracking up and having a laugh. It’s obvious Morrissey chose the photos with the band acting serious, or even asked them to be serious for some photos.
I just want to know how those 45s were made to stay in place.

It's magic. 🪄✨

Matching shirts! They must be under some kind of contract they can’t break. Boz shouldn’t take that kind of abuse. Obviously some pervy
power play going on there.
We don't kink shame around here.

Yeah, magic wands. :brows::rolleyes:

I’m sure this has been discussed, but they must of did the photo shoot with speedos on and photoshopped the singles on after, no?
I really have no idea. If they were wearing speedos they did one hell of a job in post-processing.

Back
Top Bottom