Old man new fan take 2

It was hearing “ What difference does it make “ that got my interest , listen to
“ The sound of the Smiths “ a lot .
Brilliant. It's all good. I assume you're quite young? I got into them in th 8os and they were a classic band from day one. You have so much to enjoy.

Brilliant. It's all good. I assume you're quite young? I got into them in th 8os and they were a classic band from day one. You have so much to enjoy.
No I’m 59 this year hence the old fan title ! I seemed to miss them in the 80s somehow , tastes change I guess

No I’m 59 this year hence the old fan title ! I seemed to miss them in the 80s somehow , tastes change I guess
What's your perspective? Does Morrissey still say the same things to you that he said to me? Are you enamoured and awestruck?

What's your perspective? Does Morrissey still say the same things to you that he said to me? Are you enamoured and awestruck?
I am just blown away by the depth of it , Ballard s , Rock n roll , glam rock it’s all there.
Something for every mood , but it’s the feelings he can pull out of you with the lyrics that I’m most in awe of .
It makes listening to daily dross on the radio even worse because nothing has the depth and meaning that his music does .

I am just blown away by the depth of it , Ballard s , Rock n roll , glam rock it’s all there.
Something for every mood , but it’s the feelings he can pull out of you with the lyrics that I’m most in awe of .
It makes listening to daily dross on the radio even worse because nothing has the depth and meaning that his music does .
That's the double edged sword. Nothing else will ever sound quite as good. You'll be spoilt. Such an impressive cannon of work. Enjoy.

Have you got through all albums yet? what stands out?

That's the double edged sword. Nothing else will ever sound quite as good. You'll be spoilt. Such an impressive cannon of work. Enjoy.
Very true , never heard songs that I just want to keep listening to over and over and still get more out of .
I’m loving it :D anyway I have to be up for work in 5 hours but thanks for your interest.
Paul

No , nowhere near !
I am pretty new to it and seem to spend so much time on a single song because the lyrics are just so good , I feel I want to really try and understand it .
Go on then, which song we're all gagging here...

Being a mod, I don't put anyone on ingore.

You know you love to read my posts and make fists with your toes...you just wish you could have met me when you were 10 years younger.

Oh, the possibilities.

Ok but remember it’s a personal thing !
At the moment it’s flitting between “ tomorrow “ “ national front disco “ and
“ you have killed me “
Bravo, you're observations are faultless, now find Nobody loves us, I've changed my plea to guilty, and Ganglord. Homework for the weekend.

People who read the Daily Mail do.
what do people who work at k-mart eat? oh right, whatevers on the menu at 7/11 that day.

hi old man! welcome!

Hi again
Ok new start , I didn’t think for a minute about my chosen name in the first post so sorry for any offence caused , my sausage reference was to my dogs not the meat .
Anyway as I said first time I have only discovered the music Of Morrissey over the past couple of years despite having been around a while and I’m just blown away by it .
Paul.
welcome and just wondering, what did you actually listen to back in the 90s? find it interesting you'd get into him so late, cool, but different...

Back
Top Bottom