Officially cancelled "due to illness": Morrissey at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2017 - @kroq

@kroq / Twitter:
6:56 PM - 9 Dec 2017 from Inglewood, CA

It is with great regret that we must inform you that Morrissey's performance for Sunday night's show has been cancelled due to illness. Earlier this week the tour's performances in Philadelphia and Boston were also forced to be canceled, but it was hoped that conditions would improve for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas performance to continue as scheduled. Morrissey's team and KROQ apologize greatly for this disappointment and Morrissey looks forward to making it up to the Los Angeles fans as soon as possible.

Morrissey isn't going to be able to make it to the show. I hope he is ok and now I am worried. He wouldn't miss an LA show unless we wasn't well. Another time. Thank you for three great shows.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
You take omerprazole, which is a proton pump inhibitor, when you have Barretts and one of the rarer side effects is hair loss.
Do you think him so low as to say he had cancer when he didn't? Or that he is that ignorant to think he had it when he actually didn't?

Or to dramatise the illness for public/fan support?

Do you think him so low as to say he had cancer when he didn't? Or that he is that ignorant to think he had it when he actually didn't?

I have no idea. We know he has barretts but we however we do not know what stage of barretts he has. The early stage is being diagnosed with barretts, 2nd stage is dysplasia (low grade or high grade) and 3rd stage is cancer cells forming. If he was at the 3rd stage I doubt he would be able to sing as the treatment is burning away the lining of the oesophagus

In Barrett's esophagus, tissue in the tube connecting your mouth and stomach (esophagus) is replaced by tissue similar to the intestinal lining.

Barrett's esophagus is often diagnosed in people who have long-term gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) — a chronic regurgitation of acid from the stomach into the lower esophagus. Only a small percentage of people with GERD will develop Barrett's esophagus.

Barrett's esophagus is associated with an increased risk of developing esophageal cancer. Although the risk is small, it's important to have regular checkups for precancerous cells (dysplasia). If precancerous cells are discovered, they can be treated to prevent esophageal cancer.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/barretts-esophagus/symptoms-causes/syc-20352841

Maybe not a “hit” in your sense of the word, but their newest album was number one in the US and UK, so get your shit together. And I’m not even a Killers fan, the only album I’ve ever had is Hot Fuss.

I just want to point out that The Killers' #1 was only possible because the band sent out an album to everyone who bought a ticket. Fans that attended multiple shows got multiple albums. Their #1 was a complete fraud and the second week sales prove it.

"The Killers' "Wonderful Wonderful" posts the largest second week percentage sales drop for a #1 debuting album (-94%)."

No I'm not claiming anyone has made anything up. I'm asking you for evidence. Go find it. You won't find it. Not even in the Larry King Interview.

Of course there is no evidence.... The ONLY evidence would be if either Morrissey or his doctor release his medical record. I have not seen yet ANY musician or artist do something like that (maybe a weird performance artist released his entire medical record).

Being sick and cancelling shows is a good evidence though... it's not something that brings more fans to ANYONE.

I’m getting a bit worried now. I hope he is okay - whatever the reason - and feels better very soon.

I just want to point out that The Killers' #1 was only possible because the band sent out an album to everyone who bought a ticket. Fans that attended multiple shows got multiple albums. Their #1 was a complete fraud and the second week sales prove it.

"The Killers' "Wonderful Wonderful" posts the largest second week percentage sales drop for a #1 debuting album (-94%)."
It's puzzling to me that any Moz fans can be bothered to engage in the Killers v Moz debate.
Only my opinion ofcourse but for all his failings Moz continues to be a significant artist and has been for, what, 30, 40 years? And hopefully a few more.
Brandon Flowers will be serving me chips in 10 years time. (not literally of course. I don't like chips).

My exceptionally weak deductive skills tell me this:

Mando and his partner have been active and afoot on social media, as have Boz and Lyn. SER has been posting blithely about his uncle and photos thereof, which would be exceptionally gauche, even for him, if M. were badly ill. I'm guessing it's an issue with Damon, Jesse, Matt or Gus. Whatever it is, I wish them hale and hearty.

For what it’s worth, I was diagnosed with Barrett’s 9 years ago and thought I’d share some first-have details that might clarify Morrissey’s situation, assuming it is/was similar. After having prolonged acid-reflux, I underwent a biopsy and they found my esophagus to be in bad shape. I was diagnosed in the high-grade dysphasia stage. High-grade dysplasia is considered to be Cancer Stage 0 or carcinoma in situ. That’s what’s on my chart.
If he has been diagnosed at this stage, then he’s not lying about having cancer. I believe when he says “scraping” he is referring to an EMR procedure, which stands for Endoscopic mucosal resection. I had several done and they’re not too bad as you’re under anaesthesia while they’re doing it. Only patients with stage 0 or stage 1 esophageal cancer can be treated with this method.
But, the good news is that EMR can be a very successful treatment of early stage esophageal cancer, the long-term cure rate is around 80% according to some long-term studies.
In my case, after three EMR procedures, they got all the damaged cells and I haven’t had any evidence of disease since 9 years! I have had to give up red wine, like Morrissey alluded to, as well as citrus, tomatoes, and chocolate. But living a long life is worth those sacrifices for me!

The fact is- he can't fulfill his touring obligations. Unless he has some death wish where he wishes to collapse under the stage lights, I fail to see the point of even booking the dates. For anyone who buys tickets to these dates, the likelihood is that all they are accomplishing is moving some of their money from A to B and back again. For those who invest in travel as well, seek psychiatric help.

I wish it weren't so, because Morrissey was a force to be reckoned with.
He was once a force now the only force he is now is the equivalent to a bowel movement which is utter shit.

You take omerprazole, which is a proton pump inhibitor, when you have Barretts and one of the rarer side effects is hair loss.

I believe the other two side effects are writing bad lyrics and cancelling live show. He must have stage 4.

Here's a theory. HE'S NOT SICK AT ALL.

He made a massive tit out of himself right at the release of his first album in forever that actually had good record label support, and an effective publicity machine working for him. TV appearances were happening, people were more interested than they had been.

BUT

He opened his mouth to do his usual media trolling, and people responded overwhelmingly negatively, by calling him out, not buying the record, (face it, it's a flop) and in the case of one ballsy person, told him to shut it to his face. So a few nights of macho posturing and "I'm not sorry" under the stage lights, holding it together for the shows, followed by deep funky depression back at the hotel, only to pull it together for the next show-

Until he couldn't anymore. Depression is a bitch like that. So the band wait for the word, head on to the next city, Mopey pants calls the whole thing off. It's the same thing that finally caused Marr to throw in the towel and quit the Smiths. Only difference is, I don't see bands clamoring to have Boz & Jesse play on their tracks.
The band holds on because hey, it's better than applying for studio musician work.

If the wolf is actually, honestly upon him, maybe he shouldn't have yelled WOLF so much.
It loses its impact, you know.

It's puzzling to me that any Moz fans can be bothered to engage in the Killers v Moz debate.
Only my opinion ofcourse but for all his failings Moz continues to be a significant artist and has been for, what, 30, 40 years? And hopefully a few more.
Brandon Flowers will be serving me chips in 10 years time. (not literally of course. I don't like chips).

Peter
please put down the crack pipe mate your mind is starting to go

For what it’s worth, I was diagnosed with Barrett’s 9 years ago and thought I’d share some first-have details that might clarify Morrissey’s situation, assuming it is/was similar. After having prolonged acid-reflux, I underwent a biopsy and they found my esophagus to be in bad shape. I was diagnosed in the high-grade dysphasia stage. High-grade dysplasia is considered to be Cancer Stage 0 or carcinoma in situ. That’s what’s on my chart.
If he has been diagnosed at this stage, then he’s not lying about having cancer. I believe when he says “scraping” he is referring to an EMR procedure, which stands for Endoscopic mucosal resection. I had several done and they’re not too bad as you’re under anaesthesia while they’re doing it. Only patients with stage 0 or stage 1 esophageal cancer can be treated with this method.
But, the good news is that EMR can be a very successful treatment of early stage esophageal cancer, the long-term cure rate is around 80% according to some long-term studies.
In my case, after three EMR procedures, they got all the damaged cells and I haven’t had any evidence of disease since 9 years! I have had to give up red wine, like Morrissey alluded to, as well as citrus, tomatoes, and chocolate. But living a long life is worth those sacrifices for me!
Thanks for sharing. I wish you all the best.

Here's a theory. HE'S NOT SICK AT ALL.

He made a massive tit out of himself right at the release of his first album in forever that actually had good record label support, and an effective publicity machine working for him. TV appearances were happening, people were more interested than they had been.

BUT

He opened his mouth to do his usual media trolling, and people responded overwhelmingly negatively, by calling him out, not buying the record, (face it, it's a flop) and in the case of one ballsy person, told him to shut it to his face. So a few nights of macho posturing and "I'm not sorry" under the stage lights, holding it together for the shows, followed by deep funky depression back at the hotel, only to pull it together for the next show-

Until he couldn't anymore. Depression is a bitch like that. So the band wait for the word, head on to the next city, Mopey pants calls the whole thing off. It's the same thing that finally caused Marr to throw in the towel and quit the Smiths. Only difference is, I don't see bands clamoring to have Boz & Jesse play on their tracks.
The band holds on because hey, it's better than applying for studio musician work.

If the wolf is actually, honestly upon him, maybe he shouldn't have yelled WOLF so much.
It loses its impact, you know.

Sounds about right.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom