Officially cancelled "due to illness": Morrissey at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2017 - @kroq

@kroq / Twitter:
6:56 PM - 9 Dec 2017 from Inglewood, CA

It is with great regret that we must inform you that Morrissey's performance for Sunday night's show has been cancelled due to illness. Earlier this week the tour's performances in Philadelphia and Boston were also forced to be canceled, but it was hoped that conditions would improve for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas performance to continue as scheduled. Morrissey's team and KROQ apologize greatly for this disappointment and Morrissey looks forward to making it up to the Los Angeles fans as soon as possible.

Morrissey isn't going to be able to make it to the show. I hope he is ok and now I am worried. He wouldn't miss an LA show unless we wasn't well. Another time. Thank you for three great shows.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth
© Joel

Published: September 2016

It's hard sometimes to say exactly what I'm worth.
Sometimes even harder dealing with the hurt.

To feel like no one's there during all my pain.
I have nothing left to lose and nothing left to gain.

I struggle through the days, with no one at my side,
To find some sort of worth, to save a little pride.

But all my days are dark, stormy, cold and gray,
And emptiness keeps growing as I slowly fade away.

I have no effort left to put into this life,
No helping hand behind me to pull me to the light.

So once again I ask, before I leave this Earth,
Tell me, if you care, exactly what I'm worth.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/worth

Bollocks to "understanding". You're making excuses for him and indulging his selfishness. You see somebody who's beautiful, gentle, and fragile; I see somebody who's arrogant, workshy and, above all, self-centred. I've been diagnosed with depression multiple times in the course of the last fifteen years so I do "understand this illness". He says that he's been dogged by depression since his teens and he has more than thirty years' experience of being part of the entertainment industry, therefore he should be able to anticipate whether he can fulfill his contractual obligations to his customers.

If he can't do his job, he should f*** off and retire.

His job is singing in front of an audience of a few thousand people. It requires a lot more mental strength than pouring pints, fixing cars or whatever you do for living, therefore, it can't be compared to you or anybody else's case. People have also different strategies for coping and functioning when facing their demons. I don't think he should be punished and criticized for something that is beyond his control. I am sure he is trying to do the best he can. How can you say a wave of depression is something you can anticipate? I don't think it's that simple. It can be building up for weeks, or you might wake up one day after something extraordinary occurred. To me, he matters more as a human than as a singer. Let's also remember that our lives don't depend on his cancelled or confirmed show. It's only fair to say he has given you more than you've given to him. Wouldn't you agree?

didn't he say on larry king though that being onstage is the one time he's happy and not depressed? so wouldn't it make sense, if he's depressed, to show up to his concerts?

His job is singing in front of an audience of a few thousand people. It requires a lot more mental strength than pouring pints, fixing cars or whatever you do for living, therefore, it can't be compared to you or anybody else's case. People have also different strategies for coping and functioning when facing their demons. I don't think he should be punished and criticized for something that is beyond his control. I am sure he is trying to do the best he can. How can you say a wave of depression is something you can anticipate? I don't think it's that simple. It can be building up for weeks, or you might wake up one day after something extraordinary occurred. To me, he matters more as a human than as a singer. Let's also remember that our lives don't depend on his cancelled or confirmed show. It's only fair to say he has given you more than you've given to him. Wouldn't you agree?

Absolute bollocks

I love and respect the man as an artist as his music touched me deeply for which I am not the only one.

As he is also just a human being with supposedly flaws, as any human being, and I don’t know him personally how could I possibly say anything even remotely bad or good about him as a person?

Not that I would if I knew him personally. It is indignant.

Mind you, if there has been any case of the artist that cannot be separated from the person it is Moz.

It is just very cringeworthy to think about what so many people say about him as if they all knew him and have spent time with him in the gutter.

And have the right to be so disrespectful as to disclose so many details about his private life they can’t possibly know of and that are hurtful and damaging.

I guess he has dealt with this issue a long time ago and is not that bothered by it anymore but it must have been tough I imagine.

Absolute bollocks.

Morrissey is a vampire who feeds on the emotional landscape of his Audience.

'Der Speigel' have played a blinder as 'vampire slayer'. They have finally driven a stake into the undead vampire heart of the charlatan Crank-Fraud aka 'Morrissey'. In doing so they have begun the slow, methodical public debunking of his 'reputation' so that future generations of lost and troubled teens are not lured onto the rocks of Morrissey 'fandom': a sick and dangerous cult which requires adherence to a set of deeply problematic values and beliefs.

A more fitting end to his careerist misappropriation of 'sincerity' & 'authenticity is hard to envision.

All that remains now is for other 'journalists who lie' to leak their archive of similar taped conversations where Morrissey said what he said, meant what he meant, then ensured his lawyers stopped his gullible captive cult followers from hearing the truth.

NME: Your time to shine has come! Release the 'Knightsbridge/Sup-Species' tapes.

Let us lay garlic upon the tomb of this angelic-voiced demon Morrissey.

Let history/herstory record that it was one outraged member of the Audience who finally rebelled against the puritanical orthodoxies of The Cult Of Morrissey and began to plot to bring the fragile alabaster of Steven's pseudo-'fame' crashing down....

With every good wish

'BrummieBoy'

via 'The Amanuensis'

Hotel delle Nazioni Milano
Via Alfredo Cappellini
Milano

Not true. Do you work? The resources we use to carry out our jobs of course varies, but many work hard, suffer stress and make sacrifices, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. My son is a medical student and I am certain he exercises more mental strength in his (non existent) lunch break than Moz on stage. He also doesn't have the option of cancelling on a whim.
Performing is a blast. Moz is doing what he enjoys.
Might I add that work in vehicle maintenance and service in public houses is hard, skilled work. Have you ever done either of those jobs yourself?

Last edited:
didn't he say on larry king though that being onstage is the one time he's happy and not depressed? so wouldn't it make sense, if he's depressed, to show up to his concerts?
NO, he wouldn't. If you are clinically depressed, you won't get out of bed. You look and feel as if you don't want to see another day. You isolate yourself and stick to your negative self beliefs. Only people who went through this or have somebody close who suffer from it will understand. I would not wish it upon anyone, including these trolls.

That's a very thought-provoking comment. I am impressed.

Then I can see you're easily impressed. Your comment about requiring a lot more mental strength to justify a situation you know nothing about is on its way to being the most doublethink load of tosh I have ever read on here. And that's going some.

NO, he wouldn't. If you are clinically depressed, you won't get out of bed. You look and feel as if you don't want to see another day. You isolate yourself and stick to your negative self beliefs. Only people who went through this or have somebody close who suffer from it will understand. I would not wish it upon anyone, including these trolls.

So that's his situation, is it? How do you know?

Morrissey routinely commits to complex international travel arrangements for business and leisure. Plans that require logistical support and contractual obligations to be entered into. These arrangements are incompatible with any supposed diagnosis of untreatable chronic depression for the following simple reason: He would be entirely uninsurable and no promoter would risk booking him. If he is that ill then he is touring at a loss or for virtually no profit. I think that is unlikely given his recorded attitude towards financially beneficial business arrangements.

Do not assume that Morrissey hasn't been trolling depressive illness as a USP (unique selling point) for his bogus persona for decades. That's not to say he doesn't have periodic episodes of depression. The song 'I Wish You Lonely' appears to be an authentic dispatch from the hell-zone of depression, misanthropic despair and nihilism. However, we do not know if this is merely the demon-careerist-troll 'Morrissey' channeling Steven from the 70s .

I have suffered from serious depression in the past and I know that my current international travel regime for business and pleasure would have been absolutely unthinkable in those days. I simply fail to accept that Morrissey can be stricken with 'depression' whenever it is expedient for him to cancel a show then recover sufficiently to return to his work-horse slog around C list venues the next day. I find it far more credible that he cancels on a capricious whim for reasons that other working musicians would regard as ridiculous, such as claiming it is too cold to sing for 70 minutes without a stage heater. Most working musicians would simply wear a scarf and have some herbal lemon tea to hand for the evening. He is simply a ridiculous person but also deeply sinister. He has appropriated Mentalism as a prop. If he wishes to claim otherwise he should make his diagnosis and medication/therapy regimen public. As a performer who claims to be entirely authentic alongside being desirous of 'global, religious Fame' he has no realistic expectation of privacy in such matters unlike other singers who do not make the same outlandish and entirely debunkable claims of 'authenticity' and 'integrity'. He reeks of insincerity and #DerSpiegelGate has proved that conclusively. There is no going back....he is now cornered like a rat. Expect him to lash out, teeth bared, as his entire Crank-Fraud life as a 'collapsed narcissist' disintegrates whilst a baffled cult and an amused wider public look on with incredulity that they were fooled for so many decades. Not all of us were. Some saw through the sham from the outset but 'made allowances' due to the surface patina of progressivity that 'Morrissey' initially presented.

His career and legacy are now in absolute ruins. Celebrate that happy outcome.

Have a nice day.

BrummieBoy
Milano

Then I can see you're easily impressed. Your comment about requiring a lot more mental strength to justify a situation you know nothing about is on its way to being the most doublethink load of tosh I have ever read on here. And that's going some.

I am impressed that you didn't insult me with the c word, but that's about it. Both of you and Brummie have an abused spouse attitude, which is quite pathetic for a grown up men. Don't you think? Did you sign a contract with Morrissey? Does he owe you anything? You are taking your condemn to a another level which only makes you look like a fool.

I am impressed that you didn't insult me with the c word, but that's about it. Both of you and Brummie have an abused spouse attitude, which is quite pathetic for a grown up men. Don't you think? Did you sign a contract with Morrissey? Does he owe you anything? You are taking your condemn to a another level which only makes you look like a fool.
'Abused spouse attitude'?
Pablo my friend, you really should read your posts and consider before pressing enter.

'You are taking your condemn to another level'?

I love and respect the man as an artist as his music touched me deeply for which I am not the only one.

As he is also just a human being with supposedly flaws, as any human being, and I don’t know him personally how could I possibly say anything even remotely bad or good about him as a person?

Not that I would if I knew him personally. It is indignant.

Mind you, if there has been any case of the artist that cannot be separated from the person it is Moz.

It is just very cringeworthy to think about what so many people say about him as if they all knew him and have spent time with him in the gutter.

And have the right to be so disrespectful as to disclose so many details about his private life they can’t possibly know of and that are hurtful and damaging.

I guess he has dealt with this issue a long time ago and is not that bothered by it anymore but it must have been tough I imagine.

ONLY ONE WORD : EXACTLY :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom