Officially cancelled "due to illness": Morrissey at KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2017 - @kroq

@kroq / Twitter:
6:56 PM - 9 Dec 2017 from Inglewood, CA

It is with great regret that we must inform you that Morrissey's performance for Sunday night's show has been cancelled due to illness. Earlier this week the tour's performances in Philadelphia and Boston were also forced to be canceled, but it was hoped that conditions would improve for the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas performance to continue as scheduled. Morrissey's team and KROQ apologize greatly for this disappointment and Morrissey looks forward to making it up to the Los Angeles fans as soon as possible.

Morrissey isn't going to be able to make it to the show. I hope he is ok and now I am worried. He wouldn't miss an LA show unless we wasn't well. Another time. Thank you for three great shows.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first time he cancelled on me. I traveled along way and did spend a bit of money but I know he wouldn't cancel unless he really wasn't able to make it. I really do think he has changed in that regard. Maybe 4 years ago I couldn't say for sure. Also, he doesn't drink that much anymore. I feel for the fans but tours every year so you just need to wait for the next go around. Sometime he travels all night in the bus to get to the next place, there is a lot that goes into each show. If you really say you love him, give the man some grace.
"He only beats me because he loves me! He doesn't mean to! He's changed! I love him!"

"Ma'am, it says here that he's beaten you approximately 130 times in the last 5 years. How can you say he's changed? We're all sick of coming out here."

"He's changed, Officer, really he has!"

"He only beats me because he loves me! He doesn't mean to! He's changed! I love him!"

"Ma'am, it says here that he's beaten you approximately 130 times in the last 5 years. How can you say he's changed? We're all sick of coming out here."

"He's changed, Officer, really he has!"

Man, you have no idea what love is..it isn't abuse when someone cancels a concert. You are too angry to love anything. Let it go.

You look up to him like he will save you from life. What a burden..why don't you all try to save HIM from life?

Of course there is no evidence.... The ONLY evidence would be if either Morrissey or his doctor release his medical record. I have not seen yet ANY musician or artist do something like that (maybe a weird performance artist released his entire medical record).

Being sick and cancelling shows is a good evidence though... it's not something that brings more fans to ANYONE.

I asked you to find me evidence he has had, or has cancer. And this is it - 'being sick and cancelling shows'.
Firstly - you have no evidence HE is sick - if you have - feel free to post it. Secondly - 'being sick and cancelling shows is good evidence' he has or has had cancer? Is that it? Really?

I asked you to find me evidence he has had, or has cancer. And this is it - 'being sick and cancelling shows'.
Firstly - you have no evidence HE is sick - if you have - feel free to post it. Secondly - 'being sick and cancelling shows is good evidence' he has or has had cancer? Is that it? Really?

What would be considered "evidence"????
He should post a certified copy of the results of a biopsy in his official twitter?
Or maybe his oncologist should show up in the cover of the Rolling Stone magazine and state that he has cancer and explain all the details???

The question is stupid...

Man, you have no idea what love is..it isn't abuse when someone cancels a concert. You are too angry to love anything. Let it go.

You look up to him like he will save you from life. What a burden..why don't you all try to save HIM from life?
yes, it's not obviously comparable to abuse but it is all sort of one sided like abusive relationships often are. I mean, I doubt he'd like it much if he showed up for a concert one night and no audience was there. instead he gets an adoring audience whenever he chooses to show up. one gets the sense that he embarks on these tours without really thinking whether he can stick it out and if he does, if he shows up, well his fans should consider themselves lucky, after all "there's no other place for them to be!"

My inner conspiracy theorist wonders if he ever even intended to play KROQ Acoustic Christmas or if he just used it as a vehicle to get airplay while he was pushing his album. Because why come back after selling out two nights of the Bowl? It just doesn’t make sense. And he has a propensity to not exactly tell the truth. I dunno. Other evidence that fuels my suspicion includes the anonymous person who mentioned it was going to be cancelled like maybe a band member who knew they weren’t ever going to play the show who was following Stans on social media took pity on them talking about travel plans back to LA and dropped the anonymous tip it wasn’t on. It just seems like a play he’d make. KROQ gave him zero air time before the show. Try to get on board with the show, have them push the single, see if it does well, when they pull his music to distance the Weinstein comment the show is definitely off. It’s a shame my mind goes here but it does. If he’s actually on his death bed with the flu i officially feel like a dick but i wouldn’t put this kind of stunt past him.

Last edited:
Here's a theory. HE'S NOT SICK AT ALL.

He made a massive tit out of himself right at the release of his first album in forever that actually had good record label support, and an effective publicity machine working for him. TV appearances were happening, people were more interested than they had been.

BUT

He opened his mouth to do his usual media trolling, and people responded overwhelmingly negatively, by calling him out, not buying the record, (face it, it's a flop) and in the case of one ballsy person, told him to shut it to his face. So a few nights of macho posturing and "I'm not sorry" under the stage lights, holding it together for the shows, followed by deep funky depression back at the hotel, only to pull it together for the next show-

Until he couldn't anymore. Depression is a bitch like that. So the band wait for the word, head on to the next city, Mopey pants calls the whole thing off. It's the same thing that finally caused Marr to throw in the towel and quit the Smiths. Only difference is, I don't see bands clamoring to have Boz & Jesse play on their tracks.
The band holds on because hey, it's better than applying for studio musician work.

If the wolf is actually, honestly upon him, maybe he shouldn't have yelled WOLF so much.
It loses its impact, you know.

Your theory is 200% correct. There is no illness in the touring party. Morrissey is the illness. Damo is pouring him vodka shots whilst telling him he’s better than everyone else. Same ole BS!

The Killers played a cover of This Charming Man, a respectable job done on guitar too

For what it’s worth, I was diagnosed with Barrett’s 9 years ago and thought I’d share some first-have details that might clarify Morrissey’s situation, assuming it is/was similar. After having prolonged acid-reflux, I underwent a biopsy and they found my esophagus to be in bad shape. I was diagnosed in the high-grade dysphasia stage. High-grade dysplasia is considered to be Cancer Stage 0 or carcinoma in situ. That’s what’s on my chart.
If he has been diagnosed at this stage, then he’s not lying about having cancer. I believe when he says “scraping” he is referring to an EMR procedure, which stands for Endoscopic mucosal resection. I had several done and they’re not too bad as you’re under anaesthesia while they’re doing it. Only patients with stage 0 or stage 1 esophageal cancer can be treated with this method.
But, the good news is that EMR can be a very successful treatment of early stage esophageal cancer, the long-term cure rate is around 80% according to some long-term studies.
In my case, after three EMR procedures, they got all the damaged cells and I haven’t had any evidence of disease since 9 years! I have had to give up red wine, like Morrissey alluded to, as well as citrus, tomatoes, and chocolate. But living a long life is worth those sacrifices for me!

Thanks for sharing Linder, I have my next biopsy just after x mas and always get nervous prior to the procedure. It’s good to know that even with Hgd it can be managed.

Last edited:
What would be considered "evidence"????
He should post a certified copy of the results of a biopsy in his official twitter?
Or maybe his oncologist should show up in the cover of the Rolling Stone magazine and state that he has cancer and explain all the details???

The question is stupid...

No it isn't, and go back and learn to read. I asked YOU what convinces YOU that he has had or now has cancer. What was it you read that convinced you? A link to your evidence would be good.

I have tickets for the Ally Pally date 2nd to last show, I haven't booked accommodation yet (London is nearly 5 hours away from me) should I hold off in your opinion?

Laterooms.com
There’s always something on there. Or otherwise book a room under the proviso that you can cancel within 24 hours of the date you’re due to stay. I think things will be okay for the UK dates if I’m honest.

Your theory is 200% correct. There is no illness in the touring party. Morrissey is the illness. Damo is pouring him vodka shots whilst telling him he’s better than everyone else. Same ole BS!

If that is the case, depression is a serious illness. It's considered one of the most extended mental illness, a contemporary plague. Not joke material.

If that is the case, depression is a serious illness. It's considered one of the most extended mental illness, a contemporary plague. Not joke material.

I wasn’t making joke. Them jokes is people still buying ticket. Morrissey done for! Ain’t no promoter - insurance - gonna take chance on him. LIHS B-O-M-B-E-D!!! Ain’t no more record company gonna sign HIM. His highness manager + record company dropped his truculent unreliable arse.

Yes. ...and it’s enveloped your cranium. Need a hand pulling it out?

Your spouting about hits indicates you may need some remedial literacy training as well.

If I had excrement in my cranium then I would, most likely, be in need of medical attention, so I would steer well clear of a half-witted cretin such as yourself. Thankfully, I am not suffering from this, seemingly newly discovered condition. However, I will be polite and thank you for the offer.

You can, however, explain why me discussing the Killers lack of any recent "hits" warrants remedial literacy training. I fail to see any connection between having the ability to read and write and the Killers' failure to record any "hit" songs since 2008.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
Careful Countthree. On another thread I dared state that autism was not joke
material and got some stick. However, since it has been proposed that Moz maybe a sufferer you are probably safe.
Oh and yes, you are totally correct in me 'umble opinion.

Hi Ketnonymous Sun.

The behavior of the fans who travel, book tickets, hotels, etc, and rabidly defend his cancellations in the face of a clear and distinct pattern is like that of abused housewives who stay, despite knowing the behavior.

It's a joke. Kind of like buying Morrissey tickets in recent years.

"Cancel is my middle name I can't play live any more! Everybody has a date with a ticket broker, for dates that I could not may-yay-yay-yake!"

It doesn't matter what the illness is. It is possibly something more serious than some cold or flu. It's been almost 2 weeks now. In any case, best wishes for recovery to whomever is suffering right now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom