October release for new The Cure album

The Seeker of Good Songs

august14012008.jpg

The Cure’s new studio album, their 13th, is scheduled for release on 13th October via Suretone/Geffen. The news was confirmed on the official The Cure website at www.thecure.com . The Cure's new single "Hypnagogic States EP", which consists of remixes of the first 4 singles ("The Only One", "Freakshow", "Sleep When I’m Dead", "The Perfect Boy" and "Exploding Head Syndrome") taken from their imminent new album, will feature remixes by Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance), Pete Wentz & Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy), Jade Puget (AFI), 30 Seconds To Mars and 65 Days Of Static (who supported The Cure on most of their recent 59 date World Tour). All artist royalties from the EP will benefit The International Red Cross. The band's latest single "The Perfect Boy" is out on August 13th, go to www.thecure.com to hear a sample.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=34535_0_2_0_C

august14012008.jpg

The Cure’s new studio album, their 13th, is scheduled for release on 13th October via Suretone/Geffen. The news was confirmed on the official The Cure website at www.thecure.com . The Cure's new single "Hypnagogic States EP", which consists of remixes of the first 4 singles ("The Only One", "Freakshow", "Sleep When I’m Dead", "The Perfect Boy" and "Exploding Head Syndrome") taken from their imminent new album, will feature remixes by Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance), Pete Wentz & Patrick Stump (Fall Out Boy), Jade Puget (AFI), 30 Seconds To Mars and 65 Days Of Static (who supported The Cure on most of their recent 59 date World Tour). All artist royalties from the EP will benefit The International Red Cross. The band's latest single "The Perfect Boy" is out on August 13th, go to www.thecure.com to hear a sample.

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=34535_0_2_0_C

Cool! I haven't bought a Cure album since Disintegration. I don't care for this cover though.

as was noted on Chain of Flowers, the cover is just the single covers' colors inverted.

mmmmm, mall emo remix!

This doesn't sound promising to me. The Cure are my favourite band...but I don't want to hear remixies by Pete Wentz or AFI:mad:

Back
Top Bottom