North Bethesda, MD - The Music Center at Strathmore (Jan. 16, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Action Is My Middle Name / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Speedway / Black Cloud / Still Ill / Alma Matters / I Know It's Over / Maladjusted / November Spawned A Monster / People Are The Same Everywhere / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by an anonymous person

• Morrissey @ Strathmore (8 photos) by Kyle Gustafson / For The Washington Post. Link posted by KGPhoto.

stmorrissey07.jpg
  • Photos: Morrissey @ Strathmore Music Center by Erica Bruce - Washington City Paper. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Morrissey’s celebration of dissatisfaction sells out Strathmore by David Malitz - The Washington Post. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Re: Article: North Bethesda, MD - The Music Center at Strathmore (Jan. 16, 2013) post

It wasnt that [name removed from post by request] from [location removed by request] again was it? She is an attention seeker and tries to get on stage every gig then brags about it to everyone! That photo of her in BAM during 'November' on stage pulling Moz is pathetic as Moz doesn't look happy :-(

I was pretty sure that the midway invasion was a man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any setlist?

Re: Article: North Bethesda, MD - The Music Center at Strathmore (Jan. 16, 2013) post

It wasnt that [name removed from post by request] from [location removed by request] again was it? She is an attention seeker and tries to get on stage every gig then brags about it to everyone! That photo of her in BAM during 'November' on stage pulling Moz is pathetic as Moz doesn't look happy :-(

Honestly, I can't believe that still, to this day, people are still discussing fans in these threads, rather than Morrissey or the gig itself? Who gives a shit who tries to go on stage, or if they are an attention seeker, or whatever? You just sound like bitter, jealous, sour grapes. I want to hear about the gig, not snide, catty remarks about people in the audience.

gustavos in laws,more like in breds i guess,cant stand hecklers,they are people with no voice in their sad little lifes,those who get so drunk and barge thru the crowds,seek attention,gues their parents ignored them since day one,no class.
as for this blue rose society....oh dear.

We know he enjoys invasions, though.... When he came out for the encore his comment "Thanks for being Gentle" I took to be a sarcastic crack at how few attempts there had been....

[I saw another show where a comment to that effect was a bit more direct; thus my reading on that remark....]

Some I'm not familiar with, but here is what I noted: Shoplifters, everyday is like Sunday, action is my middle name, you have killed me, you're the one for me fatty, throw my arms around Paris, Ouija board, I've always been true to you?, speedway?, still ill, Alma matters, i know it's over (great), let me kiss you, maladjusted, November spawned, people are the same everywhere, you will never see the one you love again?, please please please (wonderful), meat is murder, how soon is now

Did he say anything during the silent part of the song Speedway ? Like part of a Smiths song ? Glad to hear you all had such a great time. His voice (plus the band) sound super on the video . How Soon Is Now is a great selection for the final song.

No, he didn't. Just silence. And I agree, as much as I like Still Ill, How Soon Is Now is the perfect encore selection.

Setlist

Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Action Is My Middle Name
You Have Killed Me
You're The One For Me, Fatty
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Speedway
Black Cloud
Still Ill
Alma Matters
I Know It's Over
Let Me Kiss You
Maladjusted
November Spawned A Monster
People Are The Same Everywhere
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
Meat Is Murder

How Soon Is Now?

How does it work after a stage invasion, typically? Does security throw you out of the venue, or just back to your seat? Considering going for it here in a few weeks, but if I'm getting booted from the venue, I'll wait until the encore to go for it.

The hecklers were Gustavo's in-laws (as they all told everyone within earshot) and they were HORRENDOUS dicks. Stinking drunk, one fell over and knocked a girl down, while an audience member in front of them turned around and asked them to shut the hell up. And that was all before the show had even started. Another of them took advantage of the quiet parts to shout out progressively more jaw-droppingly embarrassing heckles. It went from "WE LOVE MARYLAND!" to "HOW'S YOUR MOTHER? SAY HI TO YOUR MOTHER!" to WHERE'S JOHNNY MARR? REFORM THE SMITHS!" (during the musical intro before Please Please Please) and finally "BUT THEYRE SO DELICIOUS!" (during the dramatic pause during Meat is Murder) and "MEAT! MEAT! MEAT!" (before the encore). Morrissey heard and acknowledged, heckling back to them from the stage, but they were too drunk to understand they were being made fun of or that the "f*** you"s coming from other irritated fans meant they should shut their traps.

It really did seem uncertain that Moz would even return for the encore. Gustavo, please tell your in-laws to stay home until they learn some manners.

I WAS THERE!! Down in front and I heard that dik say "BUT IT'S DELICIOUS” and it wasn’t the “in-laws”. It was some fukin frat-boy looking thug and his friend that was screaming the WHOLE show. The “in-laws” actually turned around and gave him a nasty look. Plus I don’t even think Gustavo’s in-laws live in the US. They were probably people screwing with people.

gustavos in laws,more like in breds i guess,cant stand hecklers,they are people with no voice in their sad little lifes,those who get so drunk and barge thru the crowds,seek attention,gues their parents ignored them since day one,no class.
as for this blue rose society....oh dear.

gustavos in-laws don't even live in the US. They were screwing with people. who fukin cares?

I WAS THERE!! Down in front and I heard that dik say "BUT IT'S DELICIOUS” and it wasn’t the “in-laws”. It was some fukin frat-boy looking thug and his friend that was screaming the WHOLE show. The “in-laws” actually turned around and gave him a nasty look. Plus I don’t even think Gustavo’s in-laws live in the US. They were probably people screwing with people.

poor gustav...getting his name dragged through the mud by people he doesn't even know...WHO CARES! Did Moz rip off his shirt during LMKY?

Lately they just put you back roughly where you came from. If things are getting rough don't go for it, and be gentle with Moz. Good luck!

poor gustav...getting his name dragged through the mud by people he doesn't even know...WHO CARES! Did Moz rip off his shirt during LMKY?

Yes he did.

The hecklers were Gustavo's in-laws (as they all told everyone within earshot) and they were HORRENDOUS dicks. Stinking drunk, one fell over and knocked a girl down, while an audience member in front of them turned around and asked them to shut the hell up. And that was all before the show had even started. Another of them took advantage of the quiet parts to shout out progressively more jaw-droppingly embarrassing heckles. It went from "WE LOVE MARYLAND!" to "HOW'S YOUR MOTHER? SAY HI TO YOUR MOTHER!" to WHERE'S JOHNNY MARR? REFORM THE SMITHS!" (during the musical intro before Please Please Please) and finally "BUT THEYRE SO DELICIOUS!" (during the dramatic pause during Meat is Murder) and "MEAT! MEAT! MEAT!" (before the encore). Morrissey heard and acknowledged, heckling back to them from the stage, but they were too drunk to understand they were being made fun of or that the "f*** you"s coming from other irritated fans meant they should shut their traps.

It really did seem uncertain that Moz would even return for the encore. Gustavo, please tell your in-laws to stay home until they learn some manners.

Were they also the ones who kept yelling "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out," only a couple songs into the set?

Did he say anything during the silent part of the song Speedway ? Like part of a Smiths song ? Glad to hear you all had such a great time. His voice (plus the band) sound super on the video . How Soon Is Now is a great selection for the final song.

Yes he said "Oh Glen don't come to this house tonight"

anybody is going to the show tomorrow in PA?? i need to know if the blue sweater still on sale because i want one, but i'll see Moz on Saturday, somebody can help me with that?

Stunning pic from last night.

209910032604089361_r1gAhdRN_c.jpg

Any setlist?

Drum kit ????
Looks proper crap that, it looks like it designed for a one armed drummer. Two bass drums with a silly tom wedged in the middle.
And why is Robbie Williams on the bass drums ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom