Nooooo! Another vinyl only b-side!

Oso Blanco

The Truth Is Out There
It's being reported on the main page that "Because Of My Poor Education" will be on the CD, while "Shame Is The Name" will be on the 7".

Why? Why another vinyl only b-side? As long as it's just a live recording, I can live with it ... but studio recordings? I hoped that My Dearest Love had been an exception, and I'm still angry about it not being on CD!

:gun:

Someone will provide a decent rip like they did with MDL. :)

I found it on on myspace on somebody's page.

My Dearest Love has never been available anywhere but on vinyl!

But I do! I don't want some crappy MP3 or whatever miserable format the digital stores might offer. I want it on CD!

I'm with you on that. :rolleyes:

I know that 'My Dearest Love' and 'Drive In Saturday' weren't available.

Perhaps I should have made clear that i meant they SHOULD make them available online.
I personally don't have any problem listening to music on MP3 (and can't understand people who refuse to).

If they don't make it legally available however, I will get it through shadey sources :angry: lol

I personally don't have any problem listening to music on MP3 (and can't understand people who refuse to).

I don't "refuse" to listen to MP3s. They are fine for computers and MP3 players, but for collecting purposes I want a perfect copy in the best possible quality!

It's definitely for the best, more artists should do it nowadays. Bring back vinyl, i say!

Vaya putada :(

Luego se quejarán os músicos o las discográficas de las descargas...

Oh the joy of the fast forward button!
I really do support Morrissey for forcing people to buy records, the sound is so much better and it really is the closest you can get to the studio. People who get annoyed with it have no taste of nostalgia... and are lazy.

Everyone who loves good music such as Morrissey fans should own a record player!;):cool:

Oh the joy of the fast forward button!
I really do support Morrissey for forcing people to buy records, the sound is so much better and it really is the closest you can get to the studio. People who get annoyed with it have no taste of nostalgia... and are lazy.

Hard to be nostalgic about something I missed the first time.
For me it's like when 16 year olds say 'things used to be better' when they have nothing to base it on.

Tapes were on their way out, the first format I bought was CD.
I buy CDs for colleting's sake but have no problem with mp3-type stuff.

Vinyl denyl :p

Well I will get all formats as per usual. As long as a good rip is up to download I don't mind vinyl-only B-Sides.

Hard to be nostalgic about something I missed the first time.
For me it's like when 16 year olds say 'things used to be better' when they have nothing to base it on.

Tapes were on their way out, the first format I bought was CD.
I buy CDs for colleting's sake but have no problem with mp3-type stuff.

Vinyl denyl :p

I'm not saying I was there the first time either, and Viva la CD, but i've been buying records for ages and it's by far better to collect them - more for your money!

I started my music collection with cassette. The first cassette I bought was Alanis Morrissette's Jagged Little Pill. I played it so much with my walkman.

Those days I always carried around dubbed cassettes with The Cranberries, Garbage, Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins...and of course Queen.

But later I became a Prince fan in 99. It was then I started to buy cds.

I agree with the majority who say that it's crap that Morrissey is bringing out b-sides exclusively on vinyyl format. I've already accepted the fact that cramming CD singles with two or three b-sides is something that artists will probably never do again. So, frankly, to force you to have to buy two CDs for one single is bad enough as it is!

I'm glad that Morrissey is still releasing vinyls in general though. Even as somebody who is too young to remember the days when vinyl was the dominant format, I still love the nostalgia of a real record. Also, I think that it's painfully clear that vinyl sounds better than MP3. In fact, I really want to buy a record player at some point. But even when I eventually get one (which won't be for a while anyway), I still want the MP3. Why can't Morrissey do what a lot of other artists do and give you a code to download the vinyl b-side as an MP3? They did that with the recently released Smiths singles box-set after all! :mad:

I started with vinyl records and I was really happy when the cd format started to take over. Vinyl always had lots of background noises, like hiss and crackles.

Of course, the artwork and everything is much better on a vinyl record, but I really wouldn't want to miss the clear sound of a CD!

I really need a turntable...For example, Prince has some 12'' singles and 12'' versions and b-sides that never were released in cd format.

I understand you're a Prince fan. I recently bought a one track promo CD of Sexy FM, is that worth anything?

Back
Top Bottom