Noel Gallagher tells about time spent with Morrissey - Absolute Radio

noel wheels out this story every now and again.seem to remember noel wasnt too keen on talking about M when 15 miles of shit was being thrown his way.

noel wheels out this story every now and again.seem to remember noel wasnt too keen on talking about M when 15 miles of shit was being thrown his way.
I’ve heard him tell that tale before but with a very different ending....

When the American lady came over to praise the Royal family, I’m sure Moz said to her, well you can have them if you like, or words to that effect.

I’ve heard him tell that tale before but with a very different ending....

When the American lady came over to praise the Royal family, I’m sure Moz said to her, well you can have them if you like, or words to that effect.
your right baz,he has never mentioned the royal family bit before.

The chronology seems to be a bit off. The wedding took place in 2011. I was under the impression that their night out happened around ~2013, based on this picture and the fact that during promotional interviews Noel mentioned Morrissey playing him Pinball by Brian Protheroe that night and how that song inspired Noel's Riverman on Chasing Yesterday, which was released in 2015.

NoelRussellMoz.jpg

Edit:
The day after the wedding (30 April 2011) Morrissey was interviewed on The Dermot O'Leary Show (and was asked about it right at the beginning), so it seems unlikely he was in LA the night before...?

Last edited:
Really heart-warming to hear NG speak so lovingly & highly of Moz.

The chronology seems to be a bit off. The wedding took place in 2011. I was under the impression that their night out happened around ~2013, based on this picture and the fact that during promotional interviews Noel mentioned Morrissey playing him Pinball by Brian Protheroe that night and how that song inspired Noel's Riverman on Chasing Yesterday, which was released in 2015.

View attachment 73293

Edit:
The day after the wedding (30 April 2011) Morrissey was interviewed on The Dermot O'Leary Show (and was asked about it right at the beginning), so it seems unlikely he was in LA the night before...?

The photo was posted here on 23rd July 2013. 22nd July was when Prince George was born. So Noel has just misremembered what the event was.

Wee bonus Matt Berry voiceover at the tail end there.

View attachment 73293

Edit:

I think this was the interview where Dermot said that when they were off the air between songs Moz was a completely different person, and when back on air he changed back into Morrissey...
you can tell Moz is playing when he says he doesn’t watch Tv...or do anything else in life...

Moz needs to get woke to the fact that he's still losing fans!

How many celebs today have the guts to come out and say that they love Morrissey? Bless Noel for being fearless and true.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom