New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall (Oct. 10, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / You Have Killed Me / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / You're The One For Me, Fatty / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Spring-Heeled Jim / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat Is Murder / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Let Me Kiss You / Speedway / I Know It's Over / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I'm OK By Myself // Still Ill

set list provided by MORRIZSEY

Last edited:
Mixed feelings. First time seeing Moz overseas as an exiled Brit. Good not great set but no surprises. Thought Moz sounded fantastic as did the band. But the crowd!?!? There were those around me who seemed confused - basically they only perked up during Smiths songs. I've never left a Mozzer gig without being soaked in sweat. Not tonight. Maybe I'm getting old. Still can't beat belting out the words to Still Ill. It just wasn't like the old days anymore...

good set...Saturday was better. imagine???...living in NEW YORK CITY and the road trip to WATERBURY, CT is one song longer and (i feel) much BETTER played. oh well, at least i got LAST NIGHT I DREAMT at last. plus Black Cloud different from Sat. but minus Fantastic Bird, A Rush and a Push and MALADJUSTED!!! oh well, glad i'm skipping Terminal 5. not enough variety with this mans shows in a single week. he's no BRUCE!! one hour twenty five minutes. i'll let you know how the recording is tomorrow. cheers, ba

Last edited:
I went to this show expecting a great night but I left feeling slightly disappointed. It was a packed house tonight in RCMH and I thought we would be in for some suprises but the set was pretty standard and the show ended way too early by my watch. I think Moz and the boys just went over an hour by a few minutes. The security also ruined the vibe down front as they all surrounded the stage..I had 4 guards on my left and two facing me.
I still live Moz and I'll see his shows but he doesn't always give that bang for ya buck. I guess he isn't perfect after all.

Mixed feelings. First time seeing Moz overseas as an exiled Brit. Good not great set but no surprises. Thought Moz sounded fantastic as did the band. But the crowd!?!? There were those around me who seemed confused - basically they only perked up during Smiths songs. I've never left a Mozzer gig without being soaked in sweat. Not tonight. Maybe I'm getting old. Still can't beat belting out the words to Still Ill. It just wasn't like the old days anymore...

TOTALLY agree. Best he's sounded in a long time and more personable than I think I've ever seen him....but it never really took off. I think he knew it too....but he never stopped trying. Remember the days when the audience reaction to the opener was as frenetic as tonight's "Still Ill?" It was a little too late. And I'm sorry, 1 encore is LAME. But I'm totally blaming the audience on this one...MOZ and the boys played a great show.

Setlist:-

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
You Have Killed Me
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
You're The One For Me, Fatty
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Shoplifters Of The World Unite
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Black Cloud
Spring-Heeled Jim
People Are The Same Everywhere
Meat Is Murder
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Let Me Kiss You
Speedway
I Know It's Over
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
I'm OK By Myself
----
Still Ill

Last edited:
why is he STILL playing Paris and Let me Kiss You? WHY? why why why

In before "He plays LMKY so he can take his shirt off"

I haven't seen Morrissey live since 2009 and before that I've seen him live many times. I was so pleased to see him tonight. He sang beautifully and engaged the audience a few times. My favorites were Ouija Board, I'm OK By Myself and Meat is Murder. I wish he would play some songs from Kill Uncle and Swords and leave out Paris and Fatty. I have 2 more shows to look forward to on Friday and Saturday and one in December. MORRISSEY, I LOVE YOU!

TOTALLY agree. Best he's sounded in a long time and more personable than I think I've ever seen him....but it never really took off. I think he knew it too....but he never stopped trying. Remember the days when the audience reaction to the opener was as frenetic as tonight's "Still Ill?" It was a little too late. And I'm sorry, 1 encore is LAME. But I'm totally blaming the audience on this one...MOZ and the boys played a great show.

You seem surprised by the length of the show? Morrissey has never done a show more than 90 minutes and almost all tours have only been approx. 70 mins. Quite pathetic but what I find more pathetic is that he still sells out shows all the time when people know they only get an hours worth.

I guess the only reason they're sold out is that they're small venues and there's enough devotees who will go to the shows even if they were 30 mins long.......

' Godolphin Horne was nobly born. He held the human race in scorn'

from "Godolphin Horne" by Hilaire Belloc. During break in 'Speedway'.

why is he STILL playing Paris and Let me Kiss You? WHY? why why why

Fatty is more unlikable, LMKY I'm with you

Paris is a good song, maybe you're tired of listening to it, I find setlist worthy

[as comparing to the gigs he did past 1 and half year, you might be lucky with this setlist]

waving

' Godolphin Horne was nobly born. He held the human race in scorn'

from "Godolphin Horne" by Hilaire Belloc. During break in 'Speedway'.

Wow. I wonder if he'll do a different Belloc poem each night. He'll have to run out by the time he plays Texas, no?

Also, I love the new live version of Speedway.

You guys must have been at another show. This was my 14th Morrissey concert and one of the best! He was in great form, voice was strong! Band was rocking hard! Great set list, a variety of his whole career(Speedway was amazing, Last Night awesome opener)! The crows up front was great at not rushing the stage before the encore and ruining the evening for everyone. Bouncers did a great job during encore! Great venue, great night!

ive seen pretty much every moz show in NYC since kill uncle. gotta say, i am always uplifted , but tonite didnt feel it. some family problems at home might have dimmed my head, and i was counting on moz to see me thru, but it didnt happen. i thought the sound mix was poor, his voice was buried, and a bit bright or tinny. i was in the 10th row, and probably they mix for the center to back of the house, its quite large. maybe i should give them a pass on that. i felt if you didnt know the words already, you were lost, and what is moz without words? i looked for more ballads, less power chords and general rock noise. even the few ballads were a bit tepid. i think the roseland and beacon shows in 99/2000 were the pinnacle. the apollo gigs neck and neck with them. cost me a pretty penny tonite, 375 for two tickets, a days pay from work, 250.00 . oh well ps- kristeen young is as bad as they say. i had to go to the lobby for her set. she jerks her body like elaine on seinfeld dancing at j petermans xmas party. pounds the piano and just wails. if she did the set naked, i might have lasted 2 more songs.

ps - kudos to moz on the animal suffering videos. i'm a veg, but it totally reinforced my commitment. what a sad species were are to do that to animals, and not care.

The complaints about length of the setlist and the lack of alteration to the setlist during the tour must be from those who haven't seen Moz on tour...in the last 15+ years. Pretty much par for the course. Doesn't bother me at all, just happy to see him live. I was in the pit, and the vibe was a bit odd. Seemed like a fair number of people weren't big fans, and that made it a little lackluster. I guess that sort of goes with an assigned seating event (especially at a classy joint like Radio City) as opposed to general admission, which always seem higher energy to me. Several of the guys in the pit seemed like they just finished their day at Lehman Brothers and accidentally ended up front row at a Morrissey concert wondering why it was taking Phil Collins so long to get on stage.

I thought Moz looked and sounded great, and it was a nice appetizer for the weekend shows. Sure, I'd like him out there for 3 hours doing a greatest hits compilation...but it ain't gonna happen. I'm grateful he's still touring, and I savor every chance I get to see him since I feel like I never know when he may decide to hang it all up for good.

My only gripe, and it's probably in the minority, is the whole Meat is Murder accompanied by the Meet Your Meat video. I'm a vegetarian, love the song and the album, and I still found that completely unnecessary. We're all there for a good time, and that was like a funeral in the middle of a wedding. Everyone there knows his stance on the subject, and he's "preaching to the choir," so to speak. Wrong forum, I think...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom