New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 4, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Girl Afraid / Spent The Day In Bed / Dial-a-Cliché / Is It Really So Strange? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Morning Starship / World Peace Is None of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Sunny / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

• Les Misérables: A review of Morrissey on Broadway by Mark Phinney (1 photo) - Vanyaland. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Photo posted by SuburbanChic:

full

Last edited:
I was standing with the two men who tried to go over the pit and tore up the lighting. There was an actual orchestra pit, lowered, with padded bars across the gap at audience floor level, and mesh fabric covering the gap. They aimed for the support bars, and apparently grabbed at the lights as they slid back, and the lights were just fixtures sitting on the stage, not clamped or anchored in any way, so they knocked over.

The person who took down the lights had jumped across multiple seats to the front railing was solo. I had turned my head at the right time to see him step over the top of two rows of seats and then do this:
59629562_2073281502972468_3013883189891432448_n.jpg

The person who took down the lights had jumped across multiple seats to the front railing was solo. I had turned my head at the right time to see him step over the top of two rows of seats and then do this: View attachment 49225

Same Anon here--I didn't say I went to the show with him. That's where I was standing. We had the two guys who were calmly planning to go up at the end and then white shirt came up over the top of us.

There's a youtube of FOTGTD and it's all there.

I was at this show waiting for Moz to arrive. I was right beside the woman who got her back signed. The reason that he stopped was to sign a copy of Lover to Be for me. That is what he was doing in those videos when his back is to the camera. He actually used my marker afterwards to sign her back. LOL Since I was getting my record signed and was in shock of actually having an interaction with him, I didn’t manage to get a picture of him there with me. I was curious if anyone out there may have pictures or video of his arrival from the opposite side of the barriers that I might possibly be in. I know it is a weird request but it would mean a lot to me if anyone had something. I would like have something to capture that moment for me. Thanks in advance.

This was posted on the Morrissey subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/morrissey/comments/bl0dfx/morrissey_signing_a_girls_back_before_the_show/

Apparently this is the woman's second Moz skin autograph, soon to be second autograph tattoo, I assume. Interesting how he takes care to measure out the space on her back prior to signing.

Also, take note of Damon discretely exiting the back seat of the car.

And finally, "Mr. Morrissey"? WTF?

Thank goodness Damon is still chaperoning Morrissey. I genuinely feared his days were numbered. Particularly after "the medical emergency"...

I was at this show waiting for Moz to arrive. I was right beside the woman who got her back signed. The reason that he stopped was to sign a copy of Lover to Be for me. That is what he was doing in those videos when his back is to the camera. He actually used my marker afterwards to sign her back. LOL Since I was getting my record signed and was in shock of actually having an interaction with him, I didn’t manage to get a picture of him there with me. I was curious if anyone out there may have pictures or video of his arrival from the opposite side of the barriers that I might possibly be in. I know it is a weird request but it would mean a lot to me if anyone had something. I would like have something to capture that moment for me. Thanks in advance.

Lover-to-Be signer....

I think I just spotted the back of your head in an Instgram vid. Look for this user to locate the vid:

prof_omarcolin

MrShoes

BE SURE YOU STERILIZE THE NIB!

2ibyht.jpg

Keep, that guy saying Mr. Morrissey multiple times drove me nuts. He kept bothering security the whole time before Morrissey even pulled up... I was the one who took the video/posted it on Reddit :) Glad everyone else is enjoying it.
Thanks for putting that on reddit. Do you want a credit on the YouTube video?

Morrissey2_MarkPhinney-770x487.jpg

(Article & photo by Mark Phinney).

Les Misérables: A review of Morrissey on Broadway

Excerpt:

"It was a night of music and memories. No statements or slurs. No politics. This was pure showmanship. This was Morrissey proving he can still put on a magnificent show. And he even dug into b-sides like “Munich Air Disaster 1958” and “Sunny,” for he die-hards in the crowd alongside me.

I was in my glory with the rest of the 40- and 50-somethings, as we all glided back and forth to “Throwing My Arms Around Paris” and the smoky, red spotlit “Jack The Ripper.” He even joked about one review of the show claiming it was a “Night of sheer misery,” saying: “They have no idea. I’m grateful.”

But it was sheer misery. In the most beautiful, Morrissey way. Fans couldn’t have been happier in the small, 1,500-seat theatre. This was intimate, this was special. Private."

https://vanyaland.com/2019/05/06/les-miserables-a-review-of-morrissey-on-broadway/

Regards,
FWD.

I have a video from the opposite side and I think that I see you in it, but I have security blocking the view a bit. I’ll try to figure out how to post it here.

I finally found time to check-in here. I was in the front at this show, stage right. Mr. M's performance was the best I ever saw! He gave his all from inside himself to every song. His voice was incredible, the band amazing, I could go on. One of the best..I will never forget!!

What time did he arrive to the theater?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom