New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 3, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / Spent The Day In Bed / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Hold On To Your Friends / Break Up The Family / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Scandinavia / Everyday Is Like Sunday // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

• Photos from @dreampropaganda / Twitter: set1 (4 photos), set2 (4 photos). Links via retweet by @erica / Twitter.

full

Last edited:
Dearest Moz,

I don't know many people who like; Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia
Why are these three turds in most of your set lists day in and day out?

Love, Us

I must be one of "them"! Munich is one of my favourite songs :E

I must admit, I always wanted to be one of "them", though!

Unimportant "Us",

Maybe you should get more friends with good taste? It doesn't matter what you like, only what I like (and rightfully so). When you put on your own show, you can sing what you like, but until then... Further, we knows you weren't even at the show, so why bother to complain?

Sincere Hate, Them

Maybe you should crash into a double decker bus ;)

Last I checked this country, the internet and this site = freedom of speech, tosser!

I must be one of "them"! Munich is one of my favourite songs :E

I must admit, I always wanted to be one of "them", though!

You're ok with Munich on the set list each night? Good on ya then, wanker!

That mid-set lull of WPINOYB/Munich/If you don’t like/Starship (in whichever order) is a real drag. The rest is pretty stellar.

Edit: I like the sentiment of Munich as a Man Utd fan but don’t think it lights up a set!

Last edited:
Morning starship is an absolute showcase of both his vocals and the band

If that song is a set drag it may be best to hang out up till a greatest hits tour

Good idea sandwiching Morning Starship between WPINOYB, If You Don't Like Me, and Munich, any half decent song will sound like a masterpiece between those clunkers

That mid-set lull of WPINOYB/Munich/If you don’t like/Starship (in whichever order) is a real drag. The rest is pretty stellar.

Edit: I like the sentiment of Munich as a Man Utd fan but don’t think it lights up a set!
i tend to listen to 'munich' as a song with historical significance. as far as i know there has always been a controversial debate in great britain of how to deal with the casualties of the traumatizing air raids during ww2, on both sides, the british and the german.
though "munich" is "only" about soccer, the loss described here imho is not just of a "sportingly nature". it indirectly goes deeper than that and connects with the losses of the past.
i see morrissey dipping into the past of national traumata and the release of pent-up emotions indulgingly, almost luxuriatingly, for the first time in unison with the rest of britain, and not as an outsider who is left alone with his mourning.
i prefer this song's approach to, for example, the queen's unveiling of the bomber command memorial in london in 2012, honoring bomber harris and the appr. 55000 military personnell of this command who died during this operation in a bombastic, some said almost mussolini-like 'fascist', way.
i think the song is still effective and offers a lot to think about. his anti-royalism connected with some subversively sexual allusions offer a (m)unique approach to this topic.
its not a party song though, i agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought he sounded great
Mid to late set was a bit of an odd flow, still a great night from the 6th row

Were people seated or standing in the mezzanine?

Dearest Moz,

I don't know many people who like; Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia
Why are these three turds in most of your set lists day in and day out?

Love, Us
I quite enjoy all three of those songs, but at the same time I'd be cool if they were never on another setlist again.

I've seen a bunch of the YT videos, and I must say, Moz sounds great. Now, PLEASE come to Florida...!

But 18 months in the set list ?
Absolute madness

Unimportant "Us",

Maybe you should get more friends with good taste? It doesn't matter what you like, only what I like (and rightfully so). When you put on your own show, you can sing what you like, but until then... Further, we knows you weren't even at the show, so why bother to complain?

Sincere Hate, Them

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom