New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 11, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Spent The Day In Bed / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Girl Afraid / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / I Won’t Share You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of @karelMoz

Last edited:
"life is hard enough when you belong here
Bengali in platforms resonated with me as an Irish immigrant to London in the late 80s..Anti Irishness was prevailant in every tier of English society. I had more in common with Pakistani and West Indian immigrants than I did with the English and these were my only friendships outside of irish people or English of irish parents.
Those lyrics were spot on and this revisionism due to fears of possible UN-PC interpretation is down to laziness of people who cant think for themselves and don't know their history. Robert Smith and any other artists who change lyrics are catering to a dumbed down society and we're all the poorer for it.
Social media has enabled this outraged reactionary culture to infect everything with its shallow tokenism.

:rolleyes:
Oy vey, tales of young skinny.:lbf:

Especially for those like myself who didn't pay 400 a night. Success indeed

There was no need to pay $400 a night. I held off buying tickets until after the first two shows came off, and was able to to be in the first three rows (and thus, at the rail) for an average of $150/night.

Totally agree, I leave politics out of my personal relationships and my music and I'm very thankful for that. Keeps one sane.
I caught all 7 and it was a dream come true to have him on Broadway. The love for him was like no other and he certainly felt it. The final show and last Saturday were both highlights for me. They were all good but you certainly got different vibes from each. We had to stretch over a large netted Orch pit area to reach him and he was encouraging us all along. I've never seen him accept so many gifts, his storage unit will be overflowing.

I caught 5 of the 7 shows (doesn't hurt that I live about 20 minutes from the venue). This has been, by far, the best musical week in my life! I'm still on that high. When an artist has the incredible vocals/songwriting/and live performance skills as Morrissey, I couldn't give a shit about his politics, personal things like some posters bitch about. His MUSIC enthralls me and that's that. I'm still riding the high and will for days, I guess.

They're both hilarious and as bad/good as each other with the comments. Thanks for posting.
Yes, but was that really a feud? It seemed a bit one-sided. It was Moz was being hyperbolically critical as he was with almost everyone. The only difference is that Smith chose to retaliate, no? Also, you missed one-

The peeps rightfully complaining that the seats were, like, "400 dollars" maybe haven't dealt with Ticketbastard (aka Ticketmaster) in the best way? I caught 5 of the shows, always in the first 6 rows, dead center, and never paid more than $135-$150 a ticket. Gotta literally wait til a few hours just before show time . (not always, but, in this case.....)

"life is hard enough when you belong here
Bengali in platforms resonated with me as an Irish immigrant to London in the late 80s..Anti Irishness was prevailant in every tier of English society. I had more in common with Pakistani and West Indian immigrants than I did with the English and these were my only friendships outside of irish people or English of irish parents.
Those lyrics were spot on and this revisionism due to fears of possible UN-PC interpretation is down to laziness of people who cant think for themselves and don't know their history. Robert Smith and any other artists who change lyrics are catering to a dumbed down society and we're all the poorer for it.
Social media has enabled this outraged reactionary culture to infect everything with its shallow tokenism.

No it wasnt. There were huge Irish communities up and down the country. Me and my Irish friends did experience any anti Irish behavior

Totally agree, I leave politics out of my personal relationships and my music and I'm very thankful for that. Keeps one sane.
I caught all 7 and it was a dream come true to have him on Broadway. The love for him was like no other and he certainly felt it. The final show and last Saturday were both highlights for me. They were all good but you certainly got different vibes from each. We had to stretch over a large netted Orch pit area to reach him and he was encouraging us all along. I've never seen him accept so many gifts, his storage unit will be overflowing.

"Hitler made the trains run on time. So long as I got to work, I never questioned his politics"

"Hitler made the trains run on time. So long as I got to work, I never questioned his politics"

Morrissey is what we call a "one-issue voter." He couldn't care less for human rights, he only cares about animals. Any party that puts animal rights on their ticket will get his support, no matter what else is on it. I'm not wasting time getting too bothered about what ill-thought-out thing he's saying on any given day. My grandparents are fervently anti-choice and anti-birth control because of their religion, and I still love them, too.

What is a waste of time is complaining about it all here.

The peeps rightfully complaining that the seats were, like, "400 dollars" maybe haven't dealt with Ticketbastard (aka Ticketmaster) in the best way? I caught 5 of the shows, always in the first 6 rows, dead center, and never paid more than $135-$150 a ticket. Gotta literally wait til a few hours just before show time . (not always, but, in this case.....)

The last two nights the center front seats didn’t come off day of because so many other seats were sold. I checked quite often during the day for all shows and they kept the last night at 399

Also I complained about the 400 dollar a night seats because that was the only option in the presale. You’d think they wouldn’t screw the fans eager enough to buy presale. I was in a pickle because that sounded extremely pricey but I wasn’t sure with it being so small how crazy this would be. I’m glad prices came off and I averaged it out later on, but this was my first experience where the seats bounced around as much as they did in price. Usually they just stay the same.

Excellent gig but only 19 songs and done by 2200. I really truly feel sorry for the people who payed $400 + for a 1hour 25 minute night out.

totally worth it
i feel sorry for myself (and i assume you) for not being there for that setlist !!

By the way, if anyone's seat was way in the back of the orchestra, there were, believe it or not, for whatever reason, quite a few EMPTY seats in the first few rows. If u just walked down, not to the stage, but to, like, rows 5, 6, or so there were empties. Happily security was VERY cool, unlike usual concert venues. If I saw an empty seat I'd just ask the person in the next seat if someone they knew had that spot. Almost every time the answer was "no". And it's A LOT easier if you're flying SOLO. peace out

From a west coaster, did anyone film the last show, and is it viewable on YouTube? I've enjoyed all the clips - considering he is skipping Seattle and playing in Portland! Plus, I doubt it will be so intimate and spectacular.
Thanks!

Reviewing ... The Vinyl Of California Son In a Super Quality !
Enjoy ... I Hope You Like It ..

Attachments

• 33964098238_983c6bb385_k.jpg
    33964098238_983c6bb385_k.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 40874902673_57aaf7159a_k.jpg
    40874902673_57aaf7159a_k.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 47841686711_2e664b775b_k.jpg
    47841686711_2e664b775b_k.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 0
No it wasnt. There were huge Irish communities up and down the country. Me and my Irish friends did experience any anti Irish behavior

Yeah the Irish were really popular in London in the late 80s, what with all the bombings and terrorism going on at the time, there wasn’t any anti-Irish sentiment among the English at all...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom