New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 11, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / Alma Matters / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Spent The Day In Bed / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don’t Like Me, Don’t Look At Me / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Girl Afraid / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / I Won’t Share You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of @karelMoz

Last edited:
View attachment 49527

'Grade A' review.

By Iman Lababedi - Rock NYC.

Morrissey At Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, Saturday, May 11th, 2019, Reviewed

Excerpt:

"What he didn’t shrug off was his final words of the stand:

“The British press say such terrible, disgusting things about me, with such consistency that I think they must actually have a crush on me. And as they say all the terrible things that they always say, you this week have made it all worthwhile.”

Since Morrissey didn’t, I won’t get into the politics of it all. What I will say is that after decades, he has never sounded and looked better. The set was a thrilling, deep jump into his world: the insecurity of love and sexuality remains a light that will never go out as long as he is around."

https://rocknyc.live/morrissey-at-lunt-fontanne-theatre-saturday-may-11th-2019-reviewed.html

They assert 37 different songs performed over the nights.
Regards,
FWD.
Well that's not counting ,accepella spots(its over in between speedway break) and piano intro in to everyday is like Sunday is from The girl from Tel Aviv , and I'm sure there were other acceppella lines

If like Smith, morrissey tried explaining it was based on Camus, no one would hear him over the shouts of "racist".
Robert Smith just turned 60 in April as well.
What was the basis of their supposed fued? Or was it a media hyped story3
The Face interview, 1984 'started' it.
Completely hyped, media-lead and often humorously so.
Influenced myself and kids at school to choose sides and was taken seriously by some.
History of the "feud" well summated here:
http://andrewbarger.blogspot.com/2017/03/robert-smith-of-cure-and-morrissey-feud.html?m=1
Regards,
FWD.

Interesting that only one song (Spent the Day) from the last album is being played at these shows.
Has he ever moved on from an album so rapidly in the past?
Some great music on it but just tons of horrible, horrible lyrics.

I Wish You Lonely was played several times as well and yes, he has moved on like that in the past. Sometimes he would only play 2 Maladjusted songs while he was actually promoting that album, for example.

Who was the broad the cops gave a stern talking to before show waiting outside and I can see she was pushed by security when Morrissey was leaving. She seemed like a character. Tall, skinny broad.

Not quite the same since it’s the political affiliation that makes the difference.

Fair point, I am not aware of Robert Smith ever talking politics but wi am not a diehard. The inspiration for the song "killing an Arab" came from a novel by the French writer Camus, who was left leaving.

I caught 5 of the 7 shows (doesn't hurt that I live about 20 minutes from the venue). This has been, by far, the best musical week in my life! I'm still on that high. When an artist has the incredible vocals/songwriting/and live performance skills as Morrissey, I couldn't give a shit about his politics, personal things like some posters bitch about. His MUSIC enthralls me and that's that. I'm still riding the high and will for days, I guess.

Anyone happen to have the pre-show song list? There was an amazing video/song played by a band I’d never heard

Did he omit all of the below? Or just the second stanza?

I want the freedom and I want the guile
I want the freedom and the guile
Oh, life tends to come and go
As long as you know
Know, know, know, know
Know, know, know, know
Oh...

I won't share you, no
I won't share you
I'll see you somewhere
I'll see you sometime
Darling...
He did and it's the 2 parts of the song I love most.. I'm really bummed

I caught 5 of the 7 shows (doesn't hurt that I live about 20 minutes from the venue). This has been, by far, the best musical week in my life! I'm still on that high. When an artist has the incredible vocals/songwriting/and live performance skills as Morrissey, I couldn't give a shit about his politics, personal things like some posters bitch about. His MUSIC enthralls me and that's that. I'm still riding the high and will for days, I guess.

It's been such a treat having him play in my backyard. I'll even forgive him for inducing me to brave Times Square.

I wanted to go more than twice, but life got in the way...

Wish you would of video all those shows, how nice that would of been....woulda,could a, shoulda

Ignorance is bliss. Just the kind of mentality neo fascists like his party want everyone to have. Not to mention he puts himself and his views directly into his music; it’s a package deal. I guess you were so enthralled you didn’t notice the political cringe in so much of it. Given his status, the man has a platform to say things so there is impact. To say it doesn’t matter is to lie to yourself.

Thank you for everybody recording the shows. These were really great concerts.
Is there somewhere a video when he is introducing the band on the last night?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom