new stone roses single

Just listened to it. Utter horseshit. All For One. Doggerel and riff-cliches. You've heard it all before. And it's rubbish.

Each to their own. Bored me to tears, never got the appeal.

Their debut album is one of the best debut albums of all time, quite simple really.
Some of their b-sides and early non-album tracks are pretty great too.
From The Second Coming on, not much to write home about...

Last edited:
As I said before, each to their own. But....it's not good, is it?

No, not on the first couple of listens, and maybe not after 100 listens either.
The first album remains untouchable though, it's there for posterity.

As an aside, this is exactly the reason I don't want The Smiths to ever release a new song again.

No, not on the first couple of listens, and maybe not after 100 listens either.
The first album remains untouchable though, it's there for posterity.

As an aside, this is exactly the reason I don't want The Smiths to ever release a new song again.

Oh I dunno - I credit Marr & Morrissey with a little more......skill and wherewithal than this lot.

Oh I dunno - I credit Marr & Morrissey with a little more......skill and wherewithal than this lot.

Well, I think we have discussed this one before.
In my opinion any new material would be inferior to the original and if for whatever reason they were to decide to reproduce/recreate what they did in the 80s they would sound like a sad parody of themselves.
Besides, have you heard some of Morrissey's lyrics lately? Hmmm...

Well, I think we have discussed this one before.
In my opinion any new material would be inferior to the original and if for whatever reason they were to decide to reproduce/recreate what they did in the 80s they would sound like a sad parody of themselves.
Besides, have you heard some of Morrissey's lyrics lately? Hmmm...

Indeed. But I'd still go. And you?

Yes, this was quite boring. And I'm a fan of both Roses and Ian's solo stuff.

Doggerel and cliche riffs, as Skinny put it.

Yes, this was quite boring. And I'm a fan of both Roses and Ian's solo stuff.

Doggerel and cliche riffs, as Skinny put it.

Didn't care Ian's solo stuff and Johns was terrible. Best forgotten whatever that band was called

Couldn't help getting excited for this but I really should have known better. Sub-par lyrics, musically a mish-mash of clichés that would struggle to make a b-side from their early singles. I'll listen to it again and again in the hope it improves, and I'll buy anything they release because I'm clearly a f***ing idiot grasping at anything that might transport me back to my youth. I buy Moz's new stuff too for exactly the same reason.

Couldn't help getting excited for this but I really should have known better. Sub-par lyrics, musically a mish-mash of clichés that would struggle to make a b-side from their early singles. I'll listen to it again and again in the hope it improves, and I'll buy anything they release because I'm clearly a f***ing idiot grasping at anything that might transport me back to my youth. I buy Moz's new stuff too for exactly the same reason.

Morrissey's last album had more moments of brilliance than The Stoned Roses will ever manage. Their new single will be played endlessly and people will end up thinking they are actually enjoying it when it is utter shit. The musical equivalent of junk food.
Luke Haines on Twitter is having a right go and no mistake. He is brilliant though has only written one good song.

Didn't care Ian's solo stuff and Johns was terrible. Best forgotten whatever that band was called

Was it...the Seahorses? Or am I thinking of something else? But Ian's solostuff is mostly brilliant and really vital. Miles away from this uninspired lump of a song.

Was it...the Seahorses? Or am I thinking of something else? But Ian's solostuff is mostly brilliant and really vital. Miles away from this uninspired lump of a song.

To each his on but I found it really boring along with javasis solo records. I think so, I want to say seahorse a or water horses but I'll take your word for it. He was always the one I was interested in when it came to the stone roses but they were both terrible albums. I agree the first album is great and I actually liked parts of second coming and made a nice brides album out of the remainders but it's been over for a long time now and doesn't look like it's coming back. There reunion shows not long ago should have been a sign to everyone. Glad they'll make some money as they seem nice enough but they're done I think

Back
Top Bottom