New single - "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage"; first play on Jeremy Vine show

UPDATE Nov. 7:

Link to pre-order limited edition 7" (Dec. 8 release date) posted by an anonymous person:

Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage / You'll Be Gone (Live) - Norman Records

Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s On Stage is the second single to be taken from Morrissey's Low In High School album, his first since 2014, which is being met with a mix of excited anticipation and ambivalence. It will be backed with a live version of You’ll Be Gone. Limited edition 7” on the massive BMG label.

Now on YouTube and other streaming / download services. Link posted by Tbevie:

Also on Spotify as a single:

Jeremy Vine has announced via twitter:

1st play on his show tomorrow 12.00pm - 2.00pm

UPDATE 9:25 PM PT:

Some posts moved to the thread:

"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The replies are so cringing. 40 year old male adults writing "no I'd rather have anal warts." These simpletons probably still think Viz comics are highbrow comedy literature.
Twitter is inundated with wannabe comedians.

Anybody know what time? I don't want to listen to the same nonsense as I did before with Chris Evans :D

It makes sense to release the singles this way. It keeps the profile high with the album on the way, and anybody who wants a physical copy will more than likely pick up the vinyl.

The replies are so cringing. 40 year old male adults writing "no I'd rather have anal warts." These simpletons probably still think Viz comics are highbrow comedy literature.
Twitter is inundated with wannabe comedians.

Sorry, worming the dog

It makes sense to release the singles this way. It keeps the profile high with the album on the way, and anybody who wants a physical copy will more than likely pick up the vinyl.

No it doesn't. It stinks of desperation and disorganisation. Like the release of Spent the Day in Bed; if the video, the downloads and the vinyl had come out simultaneously it would have been a hit.

its all about building momentum till the album comes out.im very surprised it hasn't leaked yet.

its all about building momentum till the album comes out.im very surprised it hasn't leaked yet.
Me too. WPINOYB leaked 2 weeks before release. I think YOR was even sooner. Can't remember with ROTT. I think Amazon released a sream of it and someone on here ripped the audio and put it up on here.

why was there no event this time where journalists all go to a place and get to hear the album,they always get a goodie bag,i used to enjoy reading how that went,they always got pencils with Morrissey written on them.

I won’t be listening. Jeremy ‘Daily Mail Incarnate’ Vine is the scum of the earth. I dislike him even more than Bono, even more than Sting and even more than Dermot O’ Leary. This really is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I don't think we'll need to. It will probably be available to download and on Spotify and YouTube soon after he's played it.

It must be made available on Google Music after midnight in your country. That's what happened with Bed and Wish.

surprised 'All the young..' was not chosen, surely must be the next one.

Anyways, a new single brings the promise or hope of another video ! :pray:

Same! It's really catchy, from what we've heard live, I thought this would have been the lead single, it's really radio friendly too.

No it doesn't. It stinks of desperation and disorganisation. Like the release of Spent the Day in Bed; if the video, the downloads and the vinyl had come out simultaneously it would have been a hit.
Nobody is buying physical copies of anything anymore, so who gives a shit? Prime the tour and album release, there you go. Make that money by walking the boards and selling the shirts. The albums are almost afterthoughts nowadays.

Spent the Day would have been more of a hit had these things happened simultaneously but probably not much more. Instead of #69, might have made the top 50, maybe even scraped the top 40 but not sure that would have made much difference. In the old days, you had to be in the top 40 to get a Top of the Pops appearance but that obviously isn't an issue anymore. I think the approach worked fairly well as 'Spent' seemed to linger for ages. The video coming out a few weeks after the song renewed people's interest, as did the physical single and the news that it finally did reach the chart. Unless you have tons of fans aged under 20 streaming your songs for free, you can't really get anywhere near the top end of the chart. Still, it was a much bigger airplay hit than anyone could have expected which will drive album sales a little and help sell concert tickets. Bit of a surprise that the two London dates have sold out. Be amazed if the third one does.

Possibly, but you do want to hold back a really catchy song or two as a single for release a couple of months after the album to help sustain sales. I've still not really listened to the new songs much but I get the impression that perhaps All the Young People or My Love could work that way.

I like this song but it screams "album track" to me musically, lyrically, and length-wise.
Anyone -- Morrissey fan or not -- can relate to Spent the Day's simple, catchy protest.

I love I Wish You Lonely (and think it has what it takes for a single) but didn't get a sense of any exposure. What was the radio play situation etc.?

I like this song but it screams "album track" to me musically, lyrically, and length-wise.
Anyone -- Morrissey fan or not -- can relate to Spent the Day's simple, catchy protest.

I love I Wish You Lonely (and think it has what it takes for a single) but didn't get a sense of any exposure. What was the radio play situation etc.?

I heard I Wish You Lonely only once from radio on 25th October.

When John Peel was around, he played a track per show from a forth coming album in a week.
6 Music has Album of the Day slot between 7:00 to 18:00.
Hopefully either on 17th or 20th November they'll play 4 tracks from Low In High School.

Last edited:
Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom