New concert date - Pharr, TX (Nov. 30)?

Morrissey slumming it in my neck of the woods scroll to the bottom. Some confirmation would be helpful:

http://www.pharrevents.com/upcoming-events.php

MORRISSEY
Friday November 30, 2012 at N/A

...Just spoke to a friend who works for my local area bigger promoter and I'm told the date is confirmed for morrissey with two other bands and the promotion is being bid on

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard through a good source that there will be a US tour Oct - Dec.
This seems to confirm it - hope so. And this time make sure it is the East Coast!!!!

Slumming it? If James Dean had a band He would have performed in Pharr.

Fart Exes? :squiffy:

I've never been to the venue but from what I'm told it's unremarkable. I'll be going to that cannibal corpse show(I know it's completely extreme to moz) and judge for myself. I'm wondering if 3500 tickets will sell here. I know we'll her plenty of people from mexico coming over

Doubt it...I remember the Odessa, TX rumor that never came about. Pharr? God, I'm sure it's a shit hole...all border towns are.

The Pharr Events Center website has now removed the posting of the Morrissey show on November 30, 2012... :/

made a few phone calls, apparently the promoter received a call to remove the posting but revealed that an official announcement for morrissey was to come in august. so there's that. seemed like they wanted to tease but the show is apparently happening which means we have much more to find out.

Doubt it...I remember the Odessa, TX rumor that never came about. Pharr? God, I'm sure it's a shit hole...all border towns are.
thing is though, odessa is in the middle of nowhere, whilst we're isolated not including our neighbors to the south the population of the metro area is 1.2 million or so about 4 1/2 times that of odessa and second, that's an oil town and while rough necks maybe morrissey's target they're certainly not the target audience. anywho the area is not really a shithole as it's uninteresting, although there's been a lot of progress the last few years.

Well we can only hope it's true...-Margaret on the guillotine-...

I have a VERY reliable source in the booking circle way up here in Milwaukee (WI) who has assured me that Morrissey will be playing our little city later this year, so I can chime in that not only is Moz doing some sort of US tour, but it will include midwest dates. I wasn't supposed to say anything, so shhhhhhhhh haha. No, this is not just made up anonymous spam, I am quite certain of the reliablity of this info. I would imagine a Chicago date and others are planned as well, but I have no specific info on that. Cheers.

-Ian-

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom