New book on The Smiths?

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I hear on the grapevine that there's a new book on The Smiths coming out - "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - The Enduring Saga Of The Smiths" by Tony Fletcher. Anyone know anything about this? Tony was the editor of Jamming magazine, and has his own site - http://www.ijamming.net/, and once interviewed Morrissey.

Peter

The R.E.M. book he wrote is pretty good. But there can't be anything more to write about the Smiths that hasn't been written already. What we're really needing to read is the ominous, mysterious, oft-mentioned Morrissey autobiography, Shirley.

Is The Saga of The Smiths really continuing or is it just continuing because Tony Fletcher needs to pay his mortgage?

schrodingers-lolcat1.jpg

I once touched Morrissey's shoe--just with one fingertip. Am I now qualified to write a book about him?

I've touched Morrissey's shoe with my whole hand, at the Liverpool City council gig in 1986.

Then I saw one of the security guy's staring at me with a "what's a grown man like you behaving like that for?" look on his face.

I hear that this book is now closer than before. Our roving reporter talked to an ex-Smith yesterday about it.

P.

So dull now hearing this, I'm still annoyed at Morrissey's trainers

Is The Saga of The Smiths really continuing or is it just continuing because Tony Fletcher needs to pay his mortgage?

schrodingers-lolcat1.jpg

Schrodinger attended Maudlin College, Oxford and during our recent tour around it we were told that he donated his Nobel prize-medal to the college, which is now kept there on a shelf under a bowl...

Schrodinger attended Maudlin College, Oxford and during our recent tour around it we were told that he donated his Nobel prize-medal to the college, which is now kept there on a shelf under a bowl...

I should hope so. It sort of makes sense. A Nobel Prize medal would be the only paper-weight suitable enough to keep Oscar's undergraduate essays from blowing away in the wind. Bit drafty, I hear.

I'd rather read a book about Boz.

Goood ideaaa. It seems like he's never doing anything or going anywhere, he should write a book with all his spare time. :p

No but seriously that is a good idea.

I should hope so. It sort of makes sense. A Nobel Prize medal would be the only paper-weight suitable enough to keep Oscar's undergraduate essays from blowing away in the wind. Bit drafty, I hear.

(Shoplifters... has just come on the radio!) The story didn't sink in with me at first as a play on the idea of the medal as the cat in the box. God knows where the thing's really kept: I found it witty enough.

Drafty, and during Oscar's first year when he was allocated a room adjacent to the chapel in which a bell would automatically clang out every hour night and day, exhausting.

(DJ's just commented, after playing the song, 'by Britain's next envoy to China!!')

Back
Top Bottom