New album?

I found this on voxhall.dk regarding the coming Aarhus-gig:

"Morrissey har netop færdiggjort sit tiende soloalbum, og i den forbindelse får Danmark ikke mindre end to besøg af den legendariske engelske stjerne"

Translated to english it says that Morrissey has just finished his 10th soloalbum, and he will be visiting Denmark for two gigs"

I`ve been away from morrissey-solo for a while. Is there any thruth to this rumour?

Moz reported in his BBC Radio interview on April 30th with Dermot O'Leary that he "has an album." The next day, he released this statement on true-to-you: http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_110501_01
where he mentions that the follow-up to YOR is "ready and fluttering against the bars." He is not signed to a record label, though. There's been some speculation as to what "ready" means -- i.e., written, demoed, etc.

I kind of doubt that the album is actually "ready" meaning to be released once a label is secure. Between studio cost and money for a producer (anyone with a decent pedigree would cost him at least 100K), I can't see him spending all that money himself. I'm guessing "ready" means the album is written and needs to be laid to tape. Unless of course this was secretly recorded and produced in Boz's studio.

Moz reported in his BBC Radio interview on April 30th with Dermot O'Leary that he "has an album." The next day, he released this statement on true-to-you: http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_110501_01
where he mentions that the follow-up to YOR is "ready and fluttering against the bars." He is not signed to a record label, though. There's been some speculation as to what "ready" means -- i.e., written, demoed, etc.

I kind of doubt that the album is actually "ready" meaning to be released once a label is secure. Between studio cost and money for a producer (anyone with a decent pedigree would cost him at least 100K), I can't see him spending all that money himself. I'm guessing "ready" means the album is written and needs to be laid to tape. Unless of course this was secretly recorded and produced in Boz's studio.

My thought is that it has been demoed in one place or another. Boz's Sierra Vista Studio is a possibility. But it's likely that "ready" means that the arrangements are thoroughly worked out and have been laid-down to demo recordings so that once a label deal is secured, the band can waste no time in getting all the bits and bobs down for the final recordings

My friend Weston lives in Los Angeles. He was at lunch with his wife one day when out of nowhere, Tom Hanks walked passed their table. He told his mom who lived in Indianapolis about the incident. By the next day through the miracle of Facebook and friends of friends networking the story, he had actually had lunch with Tom Hanks. :D I heard that last night and thought of this post.

I found this on voxhall.dk regarding the coming Aarhus-gig:

"Morrissey har netop færdiggjort sit tiende soloalbum, og i den forbindelse får Danmark ikke mindre end to besøg af den legendariske engelske stjerne"

Translated to english it says that Morrissey has just finished his 10th soloalbum, and he will be visiting Denmark for two gigs"

I`ve been away from morrissey-solo for a while. Is there any thruth to this rumour?

That's odd. I must have used different translator software, because when I ran it though the message I got back was, "Morrissey says that the new album is his best ever. He says he is done with the past. He says that the new material is the strongest of his career, and that the record sounds exactly like he wants it to. He is endlessly pleased."

Weird!

Take everything Morrissey says with a grain of salt.

My thought is that it has been demoed in one place or another. Boz's Sierra Vista Studio is a possibility. But it's likely that "ready" means that the arrangements are thoroughly worked out and have been laid-down to demo recordings so that once a label deal is secured, the band can waste no time in getting all the bits and bobs down for the final recordings

I'm inclined to agree with your assessment 100 percent. I have no doubt that he has all the songs mapped out but he also likes to blurb very sensationalistic quotes. One must sift through his occasionally self-fellating hyperbole.

That's odd. I must have used different translator software, because when I ran it though the message I got back was, "Morrissey says that the new album is his best ever. He says he is done with the past. He says that the new material is the strongest of his career, and that the record sounds exactly like he wants it to. He is endlessly pleased."

Weird!

Take everything Morrissey says with a grain of salt.

Your software must have mistranslated the last line. It actually said that "his last three albums were the best of him and now he can die happy. Jesse Tobias › Johnny Marr."

Your software must have mistranslated the last line. It actually said that "his last three albums were the best of him and now he can die happy. Jesse Tobias › Johnny Marr."

That's what I get for using Bing to find a good translator site...

There was a post on the main page about a year or so ago which stated that Morrissey and producer Nigel Godrich were in discussions. Take it for what it's worth.

It was probably just as true as that time I posted the 'new' cover and tracklist for 'Maladjusted'...

Back
Top Bottom