New album releases 2021 - Anything worthwhile?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28602
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 28602

Haven't discovered anything interesting enough yet to be worth being listened to from beginning to the end, let alone being listened to again. There are a few interesting reissues out there, but when it comes to new material it is almost all very depressing. Just curious if anybody was lucky enough to find some likeable (maybe even exciting?) new album releases?

I'm really into the album "Pastel" by FRITZ, if you're into a kind of dreampop/indie/shoegaze sound - she's Australian, I think?

And the album "Ignorance" by The Weather Station (from Canada) is great, too - kind of a mix of Joni Mitchell and The War on Drugs...

Everyone’s holding back h til they can tour it. I personally liked the last weezer release that was all piano and strings, Stephen malkmus collab with von spar (they did a cover ep of can songs) and arcade fire just put up a score they did with Owen pallet

Not an album and not 'original' but I've been listening to Sam Vance-Law's cover EP NDW a lot over the last couple of weeks.

Arlo Parks' Collapsed In Sunbeams is also pretty good.

Last edited:
«Now and Then« by Paul Stanley’s Soul Station. There are some great songs on that album, although the autotune is prevalent on a few tracks.

I’m speechless!

Wild T is a Wild Tree.
If one of my branches grows in a certain direction, I ain't
cuttin' the branch off just to maintain a certain shape.
And guess what, if a branch is in danger of fallin' on the house,
they're gonna have to tear the house down, cause no branches
will be cut off.

“The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.”

- Lana Del Rabies

Wild T is a Wild Tree.
If one of my branches grows in a certain direction, I ain't
cuttin' the branch off just to maintain a certain shape.
And guess what, if a branch is in danger of fallin' on the house,
they're gonna have to tear the house down, cause no branches
will be cut off.

Never said Lana Del Rabies had a bad reed section.
Just ain't buyin' the cereal is all.

I understand. Her cereal is not as commercial as the Rey brand, which of course may be easier to swallow, but it’s not as nutritional.

:cool:

“HONNE” no song without you

Teenage Fanclub - Endless Arcade - Release Date 30 April 2021 - Signed copies still available

New Album Releases 2021 (Recommendations):

Fritz - Pastel (as recommended by @BookishBoy )

The Weather Station - Ignorance (BookishBoy)

Weezer - OK Human (as rec'd by @Trans)

Arcade Fire - Her (Trans)

Arlo Parks - Collapsed in Sunbeams (@GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn )

Lana Del Rey - Chemtrails over the Country Club (@The Wild Turkey )

Paul Stanley's Soul Station - Now and Then (@Raymonde)

Honne - No Song without You ( @NealCassidy )

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom