New album 'Low in High-School' (Nov. 17, 2017) on Etienne Records / BMG; Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10)

Morrissey announces new album Low in High-School - Manchester Evening News
by Simon Binns.

Morrissey is set to release his first new album since 2014.

Low in High-School will be released on November 17 on CD, coloured vinyl and limited edition cassette, as well as digital formats.

It will be the former Smiths' frontman's first album for BMG, which is also partnering with Morrissey on the launch of his new label, Etienne Records.

Low in High-School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes.

Low in High-School captures 'the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world.'

Korda Marshall (EVP of BMG) said of the signing: “There are not many artists around today that can compare to Morrissey. He is an extraordinary talent. He is prodigious, literate, witty, elegant and above all, courageous. His lyrics, humour and melodies have influenced many generations. The music on this new landmark record will speak for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to BMG.”

There are likely to be tour dates to promote the record - but for now, there is only one live show booked, at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on November 10.

As a solo artist, all ten of his albums have reached the Top 10 on the UK charts, including three entries at number one.

Following his debut solo album Viva Hate back in 1988, he has since released a number of critically acclaimed follow-ups including Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, and hugely successful comeback album You Are the Quarry after a five year hiatus in 2004.

Not quite a surprise 'drop' was it?
Perhaps some decent marketing in the build up - we can but hope.
Good news for a change!

Similar stories:

Morrissey Announces New Album 'Low In High-School' - Clash
Morrissey announces new album 'Low In High-School' - Irish Examiner
Morrissey announces new album 'Low in High-School' and US date - Newsdesk / Music-News.com
Released on BMG, the album will be preceded by US performances."
Morrissey Announces New Album Low in High School - Pitchfork
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ – and a huge gig - NME
Post-Punk run with the BMG office picture online:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ to be released this November

Regards,
FWD.

Also:
Morrissey to release new album, Low in High-School - Uncut. Link posted by Bluebirds.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for the 'Official' news for
Confirmation! No date on the Hollywood Bowl calendar yet either

The first thing it came to my mind with that title was Woody Allens " sweet and lowdown"

I also got confused I was thinking about Hollywood high :rolleyes:

17/11/17 put it in the diary under the heading Shit or Bust for Steve.

Will he be able to pull it off one last time ? It's a big ask given that it looks like he's been stubborn enough to continue with the most recent dreadful lawnmower line up.

Whatever happens it's going to be very entertaining just observing his P R stunt attempts to get himself some media attention. It's already started with that nut job celebrity death statement for a guy who thought Whacko Jacko was killed with a laser:rofl:. It must have been comedy gold to listen in on the conversation between Steve and that nutter.
Also looking forward to the Bots getting all giddy and making fools of themselves, nobody does it better than them lot, we couldn't do all this without them :clap:.

Lastly I'd like to doff my cap :tiphat: to BrummieBoy and say "It's on" :ahhh:Squeaky bum time !
The clock is now ticking for Steve's last chance showbiz showdown, reckon it's gonna be epic times all round. There's no one quite like Steven, I'm sure you will agree ( could be a song in that last line :rolleyes: ).

Get ready for the ride people ! The louder you scream the faster we go ! Whoooo ! Whoooooo !

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Ey, Benito. Any word on whether Viva Morrisey/Ambitious Outsiders will be releasing anything on physical format? You're the man in the know for such matters.

Still waiting for the 'Official' news
The problem with the current state of Morrissey affairs is that there really isn't a verified place for "Official" news. Stuff just comes out in dribs and drabs from various sources, sometimes soon recalled, and we're left to figure it all out for ourselves.

But in this case, it seems fairly legit.

Looking forward to it. For all of the cringe inducing media soundbytes, I have enjoyed, mostly, the recorded output.

I reckon it will follow the same pattern of all of his post-comeback albums - half of it brilliant, a quarter decent and a quarter just absolutely terrible. And that's fine.

Manchester Evening News - Simon Binns.

Morrissey is set to release his first new album since 2014.

Low in High-School will be released on November 17 on CD, coloured vinyl and limited edition cassette, as well as digital formats.

It will be the former Smiths' frontman's first album for BMG, which is also partnering with Morrissey on the launch of his new label, Etienne Records.

Low in High-School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes.

Low in High-School captures 'the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world.'

Morrissey-%C2%A35-note-comment.jpg

Korda Marshall (EVP of BMG) said of the signing: “There are not many artists around today that can compare to Morrissey. He is an extraordinary talent. He is prodigious, literate, witty, elegant and above all, courageous. His lyrics, humour and melodies have influenced many generations. The music on this new landmark record will speak for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to BMG.”

There are likely to be tour dates to promote the record - but for now, there is only one live show booked, at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on November 10.

As a solo artist, all ten of his albums have reached the Top 10 on the UK charts, including three entries at number one.

Following his debut solo album Viva Hate back in 1988, he has since released a number of critically acclaimed follow-ups including Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, and hugely successful comeback album You Are the Quarry after a five year hiatus in 2004.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/new-morrissey-album-release-date-13510965

Not quite a surprise 'drop' was it?
Perhaps some decent marketing in the build up - we can but hope.
Good news for a change!
Regards,
FWD.
Excellent news! Thanks for the post. I've had people at work come up to me in the last few minutes saying "I hear there's a new Moz album coming out", and they are not even fans! Looking forward to hearing more about the track listing etc. Not sure if I like the title but it may grow on me like World Peace did. Great to have this to look forward to. Hopefully a Moz concert in Ireland too!

I don't want to say I told you so
Oh, but Solo, I told you so
I told you so
;)

BMG_zpsq49uc6zw.jpg

Yes, yes IR, I know you told us so but you were too careful and modest.
You should have stated that with the aplomb and the attitude of someone in the know.
More Gorilla like behavior, bouncing your fists on your chest, etcetera.
And predicting you would be right and saying you would tell us, I told you so.
You know it works like that here! Just kidding!
Cheerio :thumb:

Dear Mods, I've edited your editing as you'd edited the Hollywood Bowl as the 17th - corrected to the 10th.
I'm guessing Sam was a little premature with the tour poster, but it still stands.
40221_40215_IMG_0537.jpg

Cheers,
FWD.

Thanks, almost finished, will promote to main page shortly.

Dear Mods, I've edited your editing as you'd edited the Hollywood Bowl as the 17th - corrected to the 10th.
I'm guessing Sam was a little premature with the tour poster, but it still stands.
Cheers,
FWD.

Thanks, almost finished, will promote to main page shortly.
Thank you David.
Busy day in Morrissey land today.
Appreciated,
FWD.

Damn, the kids these days are quick ~

20986850_386236198458493_5180288934789251072_n.jpg

~ via theironbridge on instant gran.

Not too shabby.

{Better than anything DirtyLittleSam will come up with. Now, if we all pray hard enough people, we can make it so that SER gets nowhere near the cover art for this LP...please, please, please...} :pray:

Not too shabby.

{Better than anything DirtyLittleSam will come up with. Now, if we all pray hard enough people, we can make it so that SER gets nowhere near the cover art for this LP...please, please, please...} :pray:

That is a truly gorgeous design.
Really wonderful.
Now I am almost anticipating on disappointment seeing the genuine one. :(
Oh well, the music is primary for me.

Very quick indeed - great source material given the title.
Image circa Feb, 2013.
Definitely better photoshop than Sam :)

Article-6287926-morrisseyhollywoodhighschool.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Considering Moz grew up and spent his formative years in the UK he should have called it 'Low in Secondary School'. That doesn't have a good ring to it so I'd have gone for 'Low in Second Gear'.:cool:

Not too shabby.

That would be a great album cover!

Considering Moz grew up and spent his formative years in the UK he should have called it 'Low in Secondary School'. That doesn't have a good ring to it so I'd have gone for 'Low in Second Gear'.:cool:

Maybe the title doesn't refer to a school in the US.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom