New album 'Low in High-School' (Nov. 17, 2017) on Etienne Records / BMG; Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10)

Morrissey announces new album Low in High-School - Manchester Evening News
by Simon Binns.

Morrissey is set to release his first new album since 2014.

Low in High-School will be released on November 17 on CD, coloured vinyl and limited edition cassette, as well as digital formats.

It will be the former Smiths' frontman's first album for BMG, which is also partnering with Morrissey on the launch of his new label, Etienne Records.

Low in High-School was recorded at La Fabrique Studios in France and in Rome at Ennio Morricone’s Forum Studios. The record is produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who has worked with Frank Zappa, The Strokes, Beck and The White Stripes.

Low in High-School captures 'the zeitgeist of an ever-changing world.'

Korda Marshall (EVP of BMG) said of the signing: “There are not many artists around today that can compare to Morrissey. He is an extraordinary talent. He is prodigious, literate, witty, elegant and above all, courageous. His lyrics, humour and melodies have influenced many generations. The music on this new landmark record will speak for itself and we are delighted to welcome him to BMG.”

There are likely to be tour dates to promote the record - but for now, there is only one live show booked, at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on November 10.

As a solo artist, all ten of his albums have reached the Top 10 on the UK charts, including three entries at number one.

Following his debut solo album Viva Hate back in 1988, he has since released a number of critically acclaimed follow-ups including Kill Uncle and Your Arsenal, and hugely successful comeback album You Are the Quarry after a five year hiatus in 2004.

Not quite a surprise 'drop' was it?
Perhaps some decent marketing in the build up - we can but hope.
Good news for a change!

Similar stories:

Morrissey Announces New Album 'Low In High-School' - Clash
Morrissey announces new album 'Low In High-School' - Irish Examiner
Morrissey announces new album 'Low in High-School' and US date - Newsdesk / Music-News.com
Released on BMG, the album will be preceded by US performances."
Morrissey Announces New Album Low in High School - Pitchfork
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ – and a huge gig - NME
Post-Punk run with the BMG office picture online:
Morrissey announces new album ‘Low In High-School’ to be released this November

Regards,
FWD.

Also:
Morrissey to release new album, Low in High-School - Uncut. Link posted by Bluebirds.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vegetarianism is no different to being a Carnivore. He spend decades making a fool of himself singing 'Meat Is Murder' and only opted to become a Vegan to try and stop me burying his reputation. Will be interesting to see if he has anything to say about 'animal rights' on this album. Perhaps a song begging forgiveness from all the cows slaughtered for his backstage cheese sandwiches these last 35 years....

I'll admit "cheese-gate" does annoy me. You are correct that vegetarianism only means compassion for some animals...and certainly not for cows. Still, while I practice complete abstinence from eating, wearing, etc anything from an animal, I try not to be self-righteous (I said TRY) and give vegetarians some credit for the net-gain in animals not murdered. I would like to believe Morrissey was a vegan all this time but....and the fact remains he HAS done a helluva lot for animals so.....

....like I said though. If his art loses my interest I'm outta here.

Remember when they said Moz couldn't make another album? Now here he comes with this new High-School joint.
Remember when they said Moz would never get another record company to sign him? Now he's got his own label, named after him in French.
Do ya really want to tell The Wild Turkey anymore of ya bad ideas?

Remember how long it took to print the f*** Harvest t-shirts ? HUGH ! HUGH ! Mother 4kr HUGH !
Have it ! :tiphat: Shove that up yer ' Parsons nose ' :mock:

#Switzerland is mine

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Of course I love Morrissey! Even if The League Of Gentlemen conjured up a bonker's pop star they wouldn't get close to his comic value. A total nutjob but a great singer. I choose to just roll with the loopiness of it all for the odd song that's actually listenable. I'm betting this album is going to follow a pretty standard template:

- my parents/teachers/peers were horrid to me at school & I'm still really upset
- i had a horrid few years before becoming a minor pop star & I'm still really upset
- when I was a minor pop start I thought I'd become a big world-wide star but that didn't happen because of an 'industry conspiracy' to stop me..& I'm still really upset
-I carried on eating cheese for 33 years whilst denouncing meat-eaters and got away with it until BrummieBoy publicly torched me on a 'fan' site..it made me look ridiculous & I'm still really upset
-I wrote a novel because I've pretended to be a clever-clogs intellectual but I'm not & people realised & just laughed at my book & I'm still really upset
- I lost a court case against some of my business associates & I just can't move on..it still really upsets me.
-Adele became the biggest star in the world just by her Voice thus proving I've been talking shit for decades about 'the conspiracy' & it really upsets me as she's a fat bird from Tottenham and it should have been me.
- i pretended i was dying of cancer to sell concert tickets and BrummieBoy mocked me remorselessly and I'm still really upset
- I try not to think about that 'fan site' but every single day I log on and ....get really upset....

etc

Well, at least you can't accuse him of having nothing to say. He isn't boring you BrummieBoy! Admit it, damn!
There is some content hidden there, isn't it? Some interesting issues, hmm?
Why the f*** do you make a comparison with Taylor Swift?
There is nothing there, empty headed beauty, good voice, good singer but no content whatsoever.
I am surprised you have such a high regard for her.

Course I love Steve.
I love seeing Steve on his knees being humiliated in public
Like when super hero Italian bike cop Barone Raffaele made Steve get down and take it big time in the middle of the street while a crowd of around a hundred gathered and filmed it on there pocket devices. The footage hasn't been made public yet for reasons unknown but it's out there on the dark web. Poor Steve looks to be in a terrible state at the end (snivelling n shaking) Not what you'd expect from a former pupil of the Salford School of Hard Knocks I can tell you :rolleyes:.
And to make matters worse all Steve's mystery companion can say to Barone ( in a very camp voice ) is " You're gonna be famous ! "

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele
#Switzerland is mine:moneybag::moneybag:
#:pileofpoop:Hollywood Bowel sold out in 6 seconds flat

You love him. Period.
In which form, doesn't matter. :p
I am glad we now have established this!
Hatebot, pff, my ass!

Remember when they said Moz couldn't make another album? Now here he comes with this new High-School joint.
Remember when they said Moz would never get another record company to sign him? Now he's got his own label, named after him in French.
Do ya really want to tell The Wild Turkey anymore of ya bad ideas?

World peace was an album ? You're havin a giraffe mate.
Why do you think Steve Barnett ripped up the contract and told him to get the 4ck out the door ? HUGH ! HUGH !
Steve ain't made no 4kin decent album in years !
A mother4kin label in French named after him ! HUGH ! No 4kin shit ! HUGH ! HUGH ! Big 4kin deal ! He ain't payin for it outa his own purse yeh ! YEH ! HUGH ! HUGH !
Get de 4K outta here you stoopid 4kin Doh Doh.

#Switzerland is mine :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

LOL that is so gay, in a bad way.
Watch this video and any alarming thoughts about humasexuality explode in your mind. I mean, WTF>LOL

the rich must profit and get richer
the poor must stay poor
thats what 3oo dollar tix are for
you poor little fool...you poor little fool
and each time you buy the tix
you support the process LOL
Hollywood, LA so many people in pain from
the greed tix prices

I hear ya Brother/Sister ? Gimme some 4kin skin ! HUGH ! HUGH ! :thumb:

Dats wah am talkin bout ! :highfive: HUGH !

#Switzerland is mine, I sold out, took the money and run but still want to be relevant with de youth and working class folk in times of hardship whilst living it up with Diesel in 5* hotel luxury whilst also proclaiming to be a vegan despite eating my favourite Kerrygold Dubliner cheese.
I also hold the record for selling out the *Hollywood Bowel in six seconds flat without media interest or promotion.

*In the event that I realistically will not sell out the Bowel and Billy also fails to shift a few thousand tix and the gaf is gonna look half full I maintain the right to develop the old " lap-dancer " again at very very short notice resulting in cancellation.

The title puns on the low-high opposition and might also play on the association of being :tonguewink::p:ahhh:"high" with drugs:gun::smoking::pill:. Instead of being "high" (on drugs) in high school like some people, he was "low," depressed, bullied, bothered by teachers, etc. "I never even knew what drugs were."

"I had no education and went to two horrific schools, and that really knocks you on the head for the rest of your life because your introduction to the world is mainly an understanding of how violent and unpleasant people are. I didn’t experience one school day where I felt safe, and this scars you forever.”

Vegetarianism is no different to being a Carnivore. He spend decades making a fool of himself singing 'Meat Is Murder' and only opted to become a Vegan to try and stop me burying his reputation. Will be interesting to see if he has anything to say about 'animal rights' on this album. Perhaps a song begging forgiveness from all the cows slaughtered for his backstage cheese sandwiches these last 35 years....

The cows would forgive him, I guess. :rolleyes:

So there it is, the new album announcement, and instead of being happy and looking forward to it, there are far more Troll-posts on here then anything else.
Brummie and Benny, when you are hating Morrissey so much, why don't you just leave this website?! So-low indeed!

At the last second a trap door will open under Billy Idol and Kristeen Young will swing in on a rope and start complaining about how half the audience is waiting until her set is over.

Well, at least you can't accuse him of having nothing to say. He isn't boring you BrummieBoy! Admit it, damn!
There is some content hidden there, isn't it? Some interesting issues, hmm?
Why the f*** do you make a comparison with Taylor Swift?
There is nothing there, empty headed beauty, good voice, good singer but no content whatsoever.
I am surprised you have such a high regard for her.

You forget the tasty arse he like to grab

Moz signed to a major / The Brummie's had heart failure...la la la / la la la

SOSB

Low In High-School.

EVERYONE knows that High-School doesn't have a hyphen in it. Must "mean" something to Morrissey.

Low...didn't Mozzer call this place So Low? Even printing out t-shirts for his band to wear?

Hmmm.

What also has a hyphen in it that shouldn't? The NAME OF THIS WEBSITE.

What also has a huge dose of daily drama between different cliques other than "High-School"? Morrissey-Solo!

This album is about all the twits and twats here and the drama, rumors, nephew mocking, etc. that everyone here stirs up in Mozzer's inner circle.

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom