Morrissey Central "MOZAIC" & "Intermezzo" (May 22, 2021)

MOZAIC

0-1_mfdkbb.jpg

Intermezzo

Mark Kennedy's original version:

750px-Affleckspalace-god-manchester-plentyofants-Flickr.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

…And by the seventh day, people could no longer give a f*** about these unfunny and useless posts.

Well, the Catholic imagery interests me - even if it's hardly any good.

I much prefer my own avatar here of the blazing Heart of Christ. ; - )

But Morrissey was wearing more Catholic symbolism in the New Year's eve video, if I recall correctly.

I wonder if Nerak the Good has spotted anything else recently?

22 May 1959 it was friday . Fifth day not sixth . Not that I'm picking on .

That's on the wall at Afflecks Palace. What's the point in doctoring the original by sticking Morrissey's name on it? If Sam did some proper research he would see that one of the mosaics does feature Morrissey.

1-0131.jpg

That's on the wall at Afflecks Palace. What's the point in doctoring the original by sticking Morrissey's name on it? If Sam did some proper research he would see that one of the mosaics does feature Morrissey.

View attachment 72535
Never heard of it, but on investigation noticed a Meat Is Murder mozaic reference too:

mozaic2.JPG

Further investigation threw up this:

affleck.JPG

The 4 chaps at the bottom centre look kinda familiar...

I guess without Morrissey/The Smiths, and I’m speaking in general here, Manchester would only be remembered as or thought of in popular music culture as the place were Joy Division/Factory or the Madchester scene came from.

Well, the Catholic imagery interests me - even if it's hardly any good.

I much prefer my own avatar here of the blazing Heart of Christ. ; - )

But Morrissey was wearing more Catholic symbolism in the New Year's eve video, if I recall correctly.

I wonder if Nerak the Good has spotted anything else recently?

Sister Mary would be proud of me!! (She really would, bless her).

No - but I did think it was sweet that his birthday is on the feast of St Rita and he was so close to his Auntie Rita, plus he loved Rome so much. She's also the patron of impossible causes - so I lit a candle for him.

What’s your point, Surface ?

That even without, The Smiths/Morrissey, Joy Division there are loads of bands that Manchester will be remembered for From the past with the likes of The Stone Roses and Oasis and going forward with bands like The 1975 and Blossoms.

That even without, The Smiths/Morrissey, Joy Division there are loads of bands that Manchester will be remembered for From the past with the likes of The Stone Roses and Oasis and going forward with bands like The 1975 and Blossoms.

I said in my first post ‘in general’ and ‘popular’ meaning that many without much of a record collection or interest in understanding the roots of where a band comes from
will most likely when the topic of
Manchester music comes up ( I would not be surprised if ) the first name that’s sure to pop into their head is Morrissey or The Smiths.

Because there’s been films like 24hr people and Control it’s more likely that the general public, those that listen to music but not interested in going too deeply into it, will also think of Joy Division/Factory or the Madchester scene (Stone roses,etc).

But even without those films, I still believe Morrissey and The Smiths made a bigger dent in the consciousness of the general alternative music listening public.

I didn’t know Oasis came from Manchester actually.

It's one of the best places in Manchester, it's full of music memorabilia and other stuff.
Is it still open? Used to get my A0 size Morrissey posters from there throughout the 90s.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom