Moz tribute - 'I Won't Want You Forever'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ZG1TmhwYw&feature=quicklist

I Won't Want You Forever

Are you asking yourself, How did I get here?
You must be wondering now, When can I go?
I bet youre thinking, How can I break his grip?
Give him the slip.

I won't want you forever
I don't want you to stay here and never go
I'd rather be alone
I'm better on my own
But tonight
Stay by my side

Here comes the middle eight
I really should convey
Something homoerotic.
Something homoerotic.
I said I didn't like it rough
You had to call my bluff
And say "Till you've tried it
Don't knock it.

I won't want you forever
I don't want you to stay here forevermore
I'd rather be alone
I'm happy on my own
Just tonight
Stay by my side

I won't want you forever
I don't want you to stay here and never go
I'd rather be alone
I'm happy on my own
But tonight
Stay by my side

Love PTxx.

Hmmm, how to put it? Utter shite (the lyrics, I can't get myself to have a listen).

Hmm, two quite harsh comments so far. I think the guy does quite a nice job to be honest, not all that keen on the voice but it is still quite nice.

Love PTxx.

To be honest, the music and the singing is far far better than the lyrics. The lyrics are simply boring, full of clichés, nothing new, maybe apart from the use of the word "homoerotic". Which just sounds artificial and doesn't fit in at all.

To be honest, the music and the singing is far far better than the lyrics. The lyrics are simply boring, full of clichés, nothing new, maybe apart from the use of the word "homoerotic". Which just sounds artificial and doesn't fit in at all.

Yeah, I think the "homoerotic" part is trying too hard to be controversial or provide some pastiche of Moz.

Love PTxx.

Yeah, I think the "homoerotic" part is trying too hard to be controversial or provide some pastiche of Moz.

Love PTxx.

I agree, but it's an awfully wrong attempt. Moz is well-known for giving hints - plus he'd never use the word "homoerotic". The guy should know better.

I agree, but it's an awfully wrong attempt. Moz is well-known for giving hints - plus he'd never use the word "homoerotic". The guy should know better.

Yeah, I respect how Morrissey is far more subtle whilst being rather striking "he motions to me with his hand on my knee". However, this song does remove that beautifal enigma that surrounds Moz. He seems to be stereotyping Morrissey.
I know I am now sounding critical, but I still think the sound is rather nice and I do like the odd line or two :rolleyes:

Love PTxx.

Last edited:
Yeah, I respect how Morrissey is far more subtle whilst being rather striking "he beckons to me with his hand on my knee". However, this song does remove that beautifal enigma that surrounds Moz. He seems to be stereotyping Morrissey.
I know I am now sounding critical, but I still think the sound is rather nice and I do like the odd line or two :rolleyes:

Love PTxx.

The sound is okay, it's so much better than the lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom