Moz/The Smiths sites in Bristol/Bath?

Random Utterly Pointless Question Of The Day ~

Was "Your Arsenal " recorded {in hole or in part} at The Wool Hall? Just been listening to the Arsenal bits of "Autobiography" again and M. talks of he and Mick Ronson's blissful drives to Bath, rough sessions at The Wool Hall with 'Nelson' {Spencer}, Etc...

Was it one of M.'s occasional memory slippages or a true fact? Seems a pretty big detail to get wrong, but í just assumed it had been a Hook End job.

Random Utterly Pointless Question Of The Day ~

Was "Your Arsenal " recorded {in hole or in part} at The Wool Hall? Just been listening to the Arsenal bits of "Autobiography" again and M. talks of he and Mick Ronson's blissful drives to Bath, rough sessions at The Wool Hall with 'Nelson' {Spencer}, Etc...

Was it one of M.'s occasional memory slippages or a true fact? Seems a pretty big detail to get wrong, but í just assumed it had been a Hook End job.

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful and National Front Disco were recorded in Utopia Studios in Primrose Hill and the rest was indeed recorded at The Wool Hall (just like Strangeways and Viva Hate, so all of my favourites basically) in March 1992.
So it was that studio's kitchen that witnessed the infamous egg fight between Spencer, Gary and Alain. One of a number of similar incidents that allegedly led to Spence and Gaz being expelled from The Gang.

7f2c67bec1589a28cd250d8312c4b3fe.jpg

92e55a87b5f719f4487424bdbe739680.jpg

Second picture of Morrissey listening to the playback of Your Arsenal taken by Alain Whyte, not sure who took the first one with Mick Ronson.

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful and National Front Disco were recorded in Utopia Studios in Primrose Hill and the rest was indeed recorded at The Wool Hall (just like Strangeways and Viva Hate, so all of my favourites basically) in March 1992.
So it was that studio's kitchen that witnessed the infamous egg fight between Spencer, Gary and Alain. One of a number of similar incidents that allegedly led to Spence and Gaz being expelled from The Gang.

View attachment 57668

View attachment 57669

Second picture of Morrissey listening to the playback of Your Arsenal taken by Alain Whyte, not sure who took the first one with Mick Ronson.

Thank You. Pretty sure the the Moz, Mick & Half-Nelson snap was Linder's. Appeared in "Select" magazine that summer in the feature article for the LP; not directly credited but all the other M. pics in the piece are hers. Features the great and gormless on YA ~

Morrissey Select 1992 i.jpg
Morrissey Select 1992 ii.jpg
Morrissey Select 1992 iii.jpg

Lol.

Screenshot_20200714-193922_Chrome.jpg

Thank You. Pretty sure the the Moz, Mick & Half-Nelson snap was Linder's. Appeared in "Select" magazine that summer in the feature article for the LP; not directly credited but all the other M. pics in the piece are hers. Features the great and gormless on YA ~

View attachment 57670View attachment 57671View attachment 57672

I see Billy Bragg was throwing shade & used the word fatwa, which would be on the Moz word crime sheet - which Brett was already listing!!

It looks like the snooker table was auctioned off a couple of years ago ( https://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/news/bath-news/former-tears-fears-studio-near-1261725 ) - I wonder how much they got for it?
the-open-secret-of-girlfriend-in-coma-5a05870f-d15c-4dea-b091-d6dab7956288.jpg

56ee73bfd6a43e4a50b71aaf2c9c3c3e.jpg
I've had Bath on my mind recently...

...and have been wondering if this might be the same snooker table?

20200724_153006.jpg

Look at that complexion. He's either wearing highlighter or it's the Bath glow.
Enviable.

Some bonus KC pictures just because.
20200724_153053.jpg

gettyimages-85592301-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-84735623-2048x2048.jpg

And a crappy picture of my almost shrink-wrapped copy.

20200724_152917.jpg

Wondering if anyone knows if there are any sites to see regarding Morrissey or The Smiths in Bristol/Bath ?

People often mistake The Wool Hall for being part of Bath. It isn't. It's in Beckington, a small village outside of Frome. The town where I live. After discovering these shots recently I was absolutely stunned to find that they were taken a few streets away from my place.

I'm guessing those exterior street shots were from Beckington, near the studio? Also, just to be pedantic (or for anyone planning a sight seeing trip and thinking its in walking distance), it's not actually in Bath, but near Bath - about 10 miles south.

On the outskirts of my beautiful hometown of Frome.

siobhan fahey was that much a morrissey fan it actually was the reason she left bananarama.
shut up and dance-every track is shit except tomorrow which is slammin.

Back
Top Bottom