Moz goes GaGa

Okay so I watched about 10 seconds of this youtube clip and in it she emerges out of a pool wearing a mask flanked by two dogs

Well what's troubling you? She likes doggies; She's hat. I interpret it as HAWT getting a big Gagacheque soon. Woohoo!:thumb:

The lobster maybe has something to do with the Gulf of Mexico disaster.

Morrissey is 100% original. There is not a website that shows the sources of many of his best lines having been pretty much lifted whole from a small number of plays, books, and films. Oh wait, there is...

Point being, there is no original art, there is no original thought. Grace Jones? How many records is Grace Jones selling lately? Do you really think that copying her would be a shortcut to success?

Tom Ford said that Coco Chanel said 'Genius is just the art of concealing one's influences'. I agree. Apparently she also said 'Elegance is Refusal'. Fancy that.

And as for THE GREAT BOOK, personally I don't think Morrissey/Smiths will be in it, let alone Gaga. Not if it's written by the same whitebread hack bores that always write these things. I still see Morrissey as being generally hated by too many critics to be even thrown a footnote. So it goes :)

I really don't get the hate. I am a Morrissey fan and a Gaga fan and am not ashamed of either. Sure, Gaga's music can be considered cheesy top 40 pop to some but she's actually a very talented artist. She writes her own music (and music for other people) and can come up with a pretty cool music video concept and costumes. She's not somebody manufactured like Britney Spears. She started out kind of like Kristeen Young but wound up making it. Have you ever seen Kristeen's jumpsuit made out of Wonder Bread bags?

People just like songs they can sing along to in the car.

I really don't get the hate. I am a Morrissey fan and a Gaga fan and am not ashamed of either. Sure, Gaga's music can be considered cheesy top 40 pop to some but she's actually a very talented artist. She writes her own music (and music for other people) and can come up with a pretty cool music video concept and costumes. She's not somebody manufactured like Britney Spears. She started out kind of like Kristeen Young but wound up making it. Have you ever seen Kristeen's jumpsuit made out of Wonder Bread bags?

I hate Lady Gaga's music, but I do agree with everything you said.

Just because I don't like a particular band or artist, it doesn't mean I can't respect their talents and accomplishments.

Moz fans need to respect the man's choices. You won't agree with everything he says and does, but you should enjoy following him regardless. To anyone feeling serious disapproval - I think you're missing the point.

Re: Russell Brand

Morrissey looks depressed but that's only to veil his recent need to associate with young celebrities. He hugged Russell Brand people.

I was about 1 or 1.5m away when Morrissey was hugging Russell during the filming of Russell's chat show in December 2006.

If you see the footage on youtube you see Morrissey was genuinely touched by Russell's affection.
I was really jealous with Russell. :(

Re: Russell Brand

I was about 1 or 1.5m away when Morrissey was hugging Russell during the filming of Russell's chat show in December 2006.

If you see the footage on youtube you see Morrissey was genuinely touched by Russell's affection.
I was really jealous with Russell. :(

And Morrissey looked delighted to hug him. To get the reaction from Morrissey is remarkable indeed.

We all hate things. Being a hater means to be jealous of someone's success. Morrissey is sometimes ridiculous, as when he made the comment about Madonna's son.
That did make me cringe. It was wrong on many levels, probably reveals his prejudices rather than Madonna's ignorance

Morrissey is 100% original. There is not a website that shows the sources of many of his best lines having been pretty much lifted whole from a small number of plays, books, and films. Oh wait, there is...

:lbf: That just made me laugh. Why does 'Genius' apply to only to Morrissey when he steals?

Last edited:
I joined this siet, jus to respond o this dreadful picture. Morrissey possed with Lady Gagey because to make a statement. Isn't that what morrissey does best? He is straight faced and mellow, not the least bit happy. To further the point, morrissey is, as gaga and buddy is not apart of Morrisseys life, he checked out some music, so isn't that also what he does? He os looking at possible talent. If he is lucky he will find some others with serious talent out there, but when has he been lucky, morrisseys never been lucky, he's workd hard for everyhing he has. This is just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

Tags
gaga rocks! got my tix hataz moz sinking moz's cock
Back
Top Bottom