Most difficult song to master?

SwanseaSimon

I apologise to encroaching into 'Marr' territory on a Morrissey forum, but for you guitarists out there, what has been the most difficult song to master? For me, Girl Afraid, took ages - still not quite there yet, but thanks to Lord Daniel Earwicker, not far off!!

i found girl afraid to be one of the hardest, and i still cant play back to the old house because i've never been able to get the hang of finger picking. the verses of barbarism begins at home were difficult at first

i found girl afraid to be one of the hardest, and i still cant play back to the old house because i've never been able to get the hang of finger picking. the verses of barbarism begins at home were difficult at first

Girl Afraid is very hard even with Daniel Earwicker's excellent tutorial

i didn't know he did a "how to". I thought I had it more or less down but after watching that I need a bit more practice

i didn't know he did a "how to". I thought I had it more or less down but after watching that I need a bit more practice

Yers, he's got an excellent one on Youtube - not for beginners but for intermediate level, very good. He's a great player and does some awesome Smiths covers on there.

I would've picked this one. Then again, I don't even know why I ventured in here, I don't play the guitar. :blushing:

strange that barbarism has multiple mentions as i've always found it to be one of the easiest

I think for me, it's just the switching between Marr's multiple guitar parts. It's like being a child at a candy store, there are SO many choices in that song to pick from and while you're playing, you're like, 'Oooh which riff do I want to play next??' :D

strange that barbarism has multiple mentions as i've always found it to be one of the easiest

I guess I can see the barre chord bits being described as easy, but the arpeggios and picking parts during the verses, the slides?

I think for me, it's just the switching between Marr's multiple guitar parts. It's like being a child at a candy store, there are SO many choices in that song to pick from and while you're playing, you're like, 'Oooh which riff do I want to play next??' :D

Thats the thing, when he plays it live, he plays every part, seamlessly. I wouldn't call it easy.:guitar::squiffy:
________
Honda CR750

Last edited:

haha that's very true. and egosheep those slides are so FUN.

This thread just made me quite happy, since it took me a few days to master Girl Afraid :D

Eight years of classical guitar pays off.

Back
Top Bottom