Morrissey's Rome

Dave2006

I'm going to Rome for a week at the end of May and I'm wondering how many Morrissey landmarks there might be to entertain myself with... wonder if (m)any Solo-ists have made the pilgramage? A search of the old threads shows a discussion in 2007, but not much since http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/72523-Morrissey-s-Rome?p=567195&viewfull=1#post567195

So, here's my list so far:
Piazza Cavore
Pizzeria La Montecarlo
morrissey_in_rome_2.jpg
Keat's Tomb (protestant Cemetery)
happy03.jpg

Is this taken from the Vatican?
morrissey_0031.jpg morrissey_rome.jpg

The above thread suggests that these could be Ponte Vittorio Emanuelle II and Ponte Pr. Amedeo Savoia Aosta bridges

Any idea where / what this is?
observer3.jpg

Any other suggestions? Greatly appreciated :thumb:

Dave

Moz is reclining is Piazza del Popolo. In the first picture, Santa Maria dei Miracoli is behind him and the second picture shows both Santa Maria dei Miracoli (right) and Santa Maria in Montesanto (left)

The Pizzeria is on Vicolo Savelli near the corner with Corso Vittorio Emanuele II. It's a 2-minute walk from Piazza Navona, one of the city's landmark places. There's a newspaper or magazine cut out of Morrissey on the wall, inside the pizzeria.

Piazza Cavour is North of there across the river, east of the Vatican. It's a boring park in a posher neighbourhood. I think it's in the area where Morrissey may have lived when in Rome. It's nowhere near *Via* Cavour so don't waste your time around there.

The big piazza where Morrissey is lying on the ground is Piazza Del Popolo.

Stephane

Thanks Stephane and Anonymous - any other suggestions for Morrissey based sights in Rome?

Dave

Back from Rome, thought I'd share my holiday snaps with you all... "Veni, vidi, vici"
Italy%2520May%2520June%25202013.jpg

As well as dragging my family around Rome looking for Moz sights I bumped into a mate who was doing the same with his girlfriend... how sad are we... Still, it was nice to meet up for a pizza at La Montecarlo.

If anyone else is planning a trip to Rome you may find this Google Map useful.

Dave

Back from Rome, thought I'd share my holiday snaps with you all... "Veni, vidi, vici"

As well as dragging my family around Rome looking for Moz sights I bumped into a mate who was doing the same with his girlfriend... how sad are we... Still, it was nice to meet up for a pizza at La Montecarlo.

Dave

Awww, really love to visit Rome again.

Thank you very much for your lovely photos. :)

Dave

Awww, that's sweet. Did you take prints of the shots to line up the angles? Or look at a pic on the phone, then turn back to the camera, then back to the phone etc...

Nice pics. :thumb:

Dave

Awww, that's sweet. Did you take prints of the shots to line up the angles? Or look at a pic on the phone, then turn back to the camera, then back to the phone etc...

Rather sadly... I created a document with the Google map, full addresses, and the photos and took it with me... I used it to justify that the pizza shop and bridges were on the way from our apartment to the Vatican and Piazza Cavour on the way home. Piazza Del Popolo and the headless statue are near to the Spanish Steps... Unfortunately the Protestant Cemetery is no where near anything, had to pull in a few favours for that one.

My partner got fed up especially when we were looking for the right bridge to stand under... we got into a fight with a tramp who thought it was 'his' bridge and didn't want us to take photos... I couldn't recreate the photo of him on top of the bridge, I suspect it is the walkway alongside.

Dave

My partner got fed up especially when we were looking for the right bridge to stand under... we got into a fight with a tramp who thought it was 'his' bridge and didn't want us to take photos... I couldn't recreate the photo of him on top of the bridge, I suspect it is the walkway alongside.

Dave

Lol. I bet Morrissey would love that story. :p "MY BRIDGE!!! GO AWAY!!! MEHHHH!!!!"

The little girlie is cute!

Dave

Dave

Nice pictures, lovely post.

Was Morrissey's photo still on the wall inside La Montecarlo?

Nice pictures, lovely post.

Was Morrissey's photo still on the wall inside La Montecarlo?

We looked for a photo of him in the restaurant but didn't find one if it is there, but there is a copy of an NME with him on the front cover framed on display by the entrance of the restaurant. This one:
untitled.jpg

Dave

I don't think Moz would appreciate being called a tramp...

Back
Top Bottom