Morrissey's Alain Whyte & Eric Blair talk Morrissey/ Red Lightning 2005

the.legend

My life is opera
I don't know if someone posted this before...if not, please enjoy.

Quite interesting interview with Alain Whyte - published on you tube on 09/12/2018.

Thanks for sharing this, it's a really great interview. I can't help but think, good on Alain for getting out when he did. It may not have been his choice at the time, but you can tell in interviews like this he wasn't meant to be around Morrissey forever. He admires Morrissey, but not enough for it to take over his whole life.

"He (Moz) is not a racist. It's absolute bull crap. It's absolute rubbish." - Alain Whyte
This guy spent tons 'o time with Moz and knows him plenty better than all these scoop-de-boop's out here yappin'.
Haha! Ya heard it from an inside source.

Thanks. I especially loved hearing Alain reflect on the Maladjusted album and how Steve Lillywhite just wasn't "into it" in producing that record. I recall his engineer, Danton Supple, produced four of the album's b-sides.

"He (Moz) is not a racist. It's absolute bull crap. It's absolute rubbish." - Alain Whyte
This guy spent tons 'o time with Moz and knows him plenty better than all these scoop-de-boop's out here yappin'.

Yes, I was very happy when I noticed Alain saying this. Moz is a provocateur - he always will be - one reason I love him for.

Alain looks really well. It's heartening that he's said this; disheartening that Johnny didn't feel he could do the same when asked. But Johnny always has one eye on pandering to the mainstream, it feels.

you can tell a person by the company they keep,johnboy kylie,says it all really.

Not surprised to hear there was some larking about during the recording of Your Arsenal. There's a story on utube where Gary Day, during his time in another band, either stole or borrowed a car and ended up crashing it into someone's fence in the middle of the country and him and the other musicians just legging it.

I reckon Alain has been reminiscing a lot lately about his time with Uncle Steve on social media. I reckon me always find it funny that Malibu and Topanga Canyon are only 20 minutes apart with no LA traffic and Uncle Steve and Alain never talk or see each other inn n n nn n nn n n nn n nn n n nn n nnnn n n n n n n it. Reckon like John Lydon and Steve Jones are only 20 minutes away from each other in LA and they never see each other. Reckon it's a poppycock mate.

Moz is a provocateur - he always will be - one reason I love him for.

Why? Provoking negative reactions in people is the easiest thing in the world to do, and it normally achieves very little other than to act as an attention-seeking device for the provoker.

Alain looks really well. It's heartening that he's said this; disheartening that Johnny didn't feel he could do the same when asked. But Johnny always has one eye on pandering to the mainstream, it feels.
Johnny's a difficult one. His views on Morrissey seem to change with the weather and he cleverly makes his feelings known by his affected apathy. On a side note, I don't know whether his Electronic period straight after the Smiths was necessarily a good thing for his own ensuing career. He probably used more self restraint and cleaner effects and production techniques in line with the new order sound, which have stuck with him. Might have been better if he'd carried on more in his Smiths mode. I also think he's tried to surreptitiously 'electronify' the Smiths sound in remasters that he's done on their music. He has some responsibility towards affecting their legacy too.

Why is it Johnny's responsibility to defend Morrissey who he's barely interacted with in over 30 years? Do you really think that Mr. "Viva Hate" would be so quick to jump to Johnny's defense?

Why is it Johnny's responsibility to defend Morrissey who he's barely interacted with in over 30 years? Do you really think that Mr. "Viva Hate" would be so quick to jump to Johnny's defense?

It's not, of course, but Johnny's view changes with the prevailing wind - as the above poster notes. BTW SuedeMoz I am loving the new Suede album. One of their very best, I'd say...

It's not, of course, but Johnny's view changes with the prevailing wind - as the above poster notes. BTW SuedeMoz I am loving the new Suede album. One of their very best, I'd say...
I've only heard a few songs on this website and what I like is he seems to be singing in a lower key... Not so grating.

This interview was from 2005 BEFORE he said all the recent racist bollocks. I dare say Alain would have a different response some 13 years later.

This interview was from 2005 BEFORE he said all the recent racist bollocks. I dare say Alain would have a different response some 13 years later.

you 'dare say'? WtF are you going to fill Alain Fb with Muslim bollocks?:lbf:

Exactly, the upload date mentioned above is recent, but the interview itself is very old (and rather dull).

Haha! Nothin' is gonna switch up ya way of thinkin' Skinny.
This guy Al was just presentin' a testament to Moz's character.
Use it as ye wish.

Tags
alain whyte interview
Back
Top Bottom