@morrisseyofficial / Instagram post Oct. 22, 2021; appears to be controlled by Quest Artist Management

If I were on his management team, I'd shut down this IG page and chalk it up as a failed experiment. Or at least limit comments. You really can't have a label looking at the blatant disrespect on there, it's depressing. Some of the comments are probably reportable as threats. It will be interesting to see if there will be a second post.

If I were on his management team, I'd shut down this IG page and chalk it up as a failed experiment. Or at least limit comments. You really can't have a label looking at the blatant disrespect on there, it's depressing. Some of the comments are probably reportable as threats. It will be interesting to see if there will be a second post.
I just read the comments you're referring to, and am aghast. I left my own as well.

The vast majority of these people aren't ex-fans and hardly know his music. It's kids who try and draw a less-relevant-than-it-seems line between The Smiths and Morrissey. They feel guilty because they enjoy the smiths, so this is there attempt at rectifying it.

That and the usual clout-chaser ego-boosters of course. He's an easy target, and most people love an excuse to abuse. It's a very different situation now than it was with the previous slumps.

The vast majority of these people aren't ex-fans and hardly know his music. It's kids who try and draw a less-relevant-than-it-seems line between The Smiths and Morrissey. They feel guilty because they enjoy the smiths, so this is there attempt at rectifying it.

That and the usual clout-chaser ego-boosters of course. He's an easy target, and most people love an excuse to abuse. It's a very different situation now than it was with the previous slumps.

Yes, all the kids know you're supposed to hate Morrissey and most don't even know why. It's the worst kind of viral sensation you can be - a target for ridicule and hate from teenagers. They are absolutely merciless.

By God that shitty people I saw the aggressive discriminatory comments make fun of Moz!! This site (only) is a place where there are most fans of Moz who love him, only a minority does not want him and within those who love him sometimes we make some criticism, but with respect a lot of respect. What a dreadful instagram site for Moz should already shut it down. The central instagram site is not that disrespectful. I really stay frozen Moz I love you no. Allow yourself to be treated like this

john lydons concert last night at the glasgow pavillion was cancelled because of the shocking way he treated the people in the venue,its glesga,years ago the staff would have have took him outside and gave him a kicking,he probably asked for a teabag without saying please,the days of behaving like a rock star are over.expect more concerts to be cancelled in the future if the artist even looks at someone the wrong way.

Morrissey deserves the mejpr of respect, the greatest recognition which is what a talented being should get a living myth, which we can enjoy without prejudging or mocking him is a special human being, my special singer. Moz I wish you the best of the Universe I'm proud of Morrissey I'm here to stand up for your music and you. There is the law of compensation, assaults are not free and have a high cost. Moz don't let some envious mediocre people publish that dirt VIva MORRISSEY si o si!!!!

..... bye the way ..... this page @morrisseyofficial is not his personal webpage. you know that this is not from Morrissey himself (he once said so). He is not interested in all these Internet pages.

..... bye the way ..... this page @morrisseyofficial is not his personal webpage. you know that this is not from Morrissey himself (he once said so). He is not interested in all these Internet pages.
You are wrong . The Avatar is not interested but Morrissey himself is .

as someone who has never done social media i had a quick look at the main page. name-thisishowyoumakefishcakes====what da dog doin. i should have replied---am not da dog on da chain. is this some sort of foreign language or an alien from another planet.
It's a meme, and the username is a Bauhaus lyric

Ha, it looks like it’s mostly Cure fans trolling, imo.

Well, goths are very troll like.

btw will The Cure album ever see the light of day?

By God that shitty people I saw the aggressive discriminatory comments make fun of Moz!! This site (only) is a place where there are most fans of Moz who love him, only a minority does not want him and within those who love him sometimes we make some criticism, but with respect a lot of respect. What a dreadful instagram site for Moz should already shut it down. The central instagram site is not that disrespectful. I really stay frozen Moz I love you no. Allow yourself to be treated like this
This place has a semblance of conversation. A lot of those big morrissey facebook groups you would get kicked out of for a half-criticism of him. Mainstream music groups you get the opposite.

Well, goths are very troll like.

btw will The Cure album ever see the light of day?
The one album I look forward to the most. Judging by the way RS has described it, and by “It Can Never Be the Same”, it’s gonna be a masterpiece.

Anyone getting up in arms over instagram comments or thinking that a label takes those into consideration when signing a legacy artist clearly has no idea how the internet or the music industry works.

Anyone getting up in arms over instagram comments or thinking that a label takes those into consideration when signing a legacy artist clearly has no idea how the internet or the music industry works.

You don't think 3,000 troll comments on the debut official IG post would make someone think twice about signing an artist? Not to mention the ones on Twitter and FB. It shows Morrissey is deeply unpopular with everyone except his core audience and some of them are wavering.

You don't think 3,000 troll comments on the debut official IG post would make someone think twice about signing an artist? Not to mention the ones on Twitter and FB. It shows Morrissey is deeply unpopular with everyone except his core audience and some of them are wavering.
Nah, they don’t care. Coordinated trolling, shit-posting, whatever you want to call it…it happens all day long all over the internet and no one at the record label is taking it seriously. If anything, they just see it as “engagement.”

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom