Morrissey will continue to never tour Canada again once he gets wind of this...

http://ajournalofmusicalthings.com/cant-wait-morrissey-hear-tanya-tagaqs-holiday-gift-idea/

excerpt:
"For this holiday season, Tagaq’s record label, Six Shooter Records, is offering a vinyl edition of her Retribution album that comes with a couple of cuffs made from seal fur in support of National Seal Products Day. (Who knew there was such a thing?)"
There's got to be another reason beyond the seals. Otherwise he is a complete and utter hypocrite for other places he plays.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Verily Allah has enjoined goodness to everything; so when you kill, kill in a good way and when you slaughter, slaughter in a good way. So every one of you should sharpen his knife, and let the slaughtered animal die comfortably.”

Dudes, CC is simply following the Will of Allah, the Most Merciful.:squiffy:

He knows how to hold a grudge, is all. Someone once threw a plastic bottle at him in Liverpool nearly a decade ago, and he has shunned the city ever since.

Oh it's a race thing :straightface:
it's very much a race thing. the inuit are very much tied to their land. it's part of their cultural identity, having been reliant upon the land for survival for so long. they also don't kill lightly, the way other cultures might. when they do kill they use every single part of the seal leaving nothing to waste, so you can be sure that the seal was not killed simply to make 'cuffs' but that these cuffs were probably made from left over scraps. it is not at all akin to fox hunting.
no, I don't think it's right that they kill seals, but I also don't think it's something we can reasonably expect them to stop overnight without devastating consequences.
the seal kill is certainly not anywhere near as atrocious or hate-worthy as a dog meat festival is. they don't kill seals because they like the taste or because they think it's a delicacy, but because for so long they had no other option. you think it's possible to be a vegan when living a nomadic lifestyle in canadas far north?

I don't see why there shouldn't be a national seal products day, to celebrate the seals that gave their lives so that the inuit could survive. without seals they wouldn't have. the inuit have always been respectful of their land and bless and thank each animal that they kill, so I can see them having a day for which to be grateful for something that they have such huge spiritual connection with, as you do with things that you depend upon for survival.

So if I am opposed to fox hunting is that also about race? Do I have to think about the race of the hunter before I decide if I dislike the f***er?

If a fox hunter is brown is that hunter more acceptable than a white hunter?

This is exactly why identity politics fails and just plain sucks lol.

it's very much a race thing. the inuit are very much tied to their land. it's part of their cultural identity, having been reliant upon the land for survival for so long. they also don't kill lightly, the way other cultures might. when they do kill they use every single part of the seal leaving nothing to waste, so you can be sure that the seal was not killed simply to make 'cuffs' but that these cuffs were probably made from left over scraps. it is not at all akin to fox hunting.
no, I don't think it's right that they kill seals, but I also don't think it's something we can reasonably expect them to stop overnight without devastating consequences.
the seal kill is certainly not anywhere near as atrocious or hate-worthy as a dog meat festival is. they don't kill seals because they like the taste or because they think it's a delicacy, but because for so long they had no other option. you think it's possible to be a vegan when living a nomadic lifestyle in canadas far north?

Oh I agree. And I don't have a problem with the practice myself.

f*** Tanya Twataq! Fingers crossed she comes down with something as Retribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why there shouldn't be a national seal products day, to celebrate the seals that gave their lives so that the inuit could survive. without seals they wouldn't have. the inuit have always been respectful of their land and bless and thank each animal that they kill, so I can see them having a day for which to be grateful for something that they have such huge spiritual connection with, as you do with things that you depend upon for survival.
I think that's your Morrissey maid job gone for a burton.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in Tanya Twataq's music, please, please, please, do not acquire any of it illegally. No! I didn't mean that! Sorry! What I meant was, pirate the f*** out of her shit! Unless the stupid cow sees sense and realizes that shipping records with seal fur is beyond f***ing wrong!

Tags
canada furs
Back
Top Bottom