Morrissey wears Gucci embroidered seersucker slim jacket in "Jacky's..." video

Link posted by Famous when dead (original post):

Embroidered seersucker slim jacket - Gucci
$ 2,750

PRODUCT DETAILS
The idea of an Alchemist’s Garden, a magical place filled with lavish flowers and animals of all species, inspired the Fall Winter 2017 runway and is reflected in the details decorating this seersucker jacket. A recurring motif throughout the collection, an embroidered moth embellishes one of the sleeves and is combined with an embroidered "Biddenden Road" label – inspired by the name of the road in Kent that leads to Sissinghurst Castle and one of the Creative Director’s favorite gardens, from which he draws inspiration. The interior hides an embroidered flower appliqué, denoting the House’s attention to detail.

• Half lined
  • Dark grey seersucker stripe cotton wool
  • Embroidered moth appliqué and "Biddenden Road" ribbon embroidery on the left cuff
  • Embroidered flower applique on interior
  • Half canvas construction
  • Peak lapel
  • Single-breasted
  • Formal, slim fit
  • 74cm length
  • 56% cotton and 44% wool
  • Made in Switzerland
41618_486390_Z455G_1165_001_100_0000_Light-Embroidered-seersucker-slim-jacket.jpg

Related items:

not all vegans exclude honey from their veganism.

yes contradictory in nature this man is, some will be irked if he says this and does that, fine ( or, get a life). We do the best we can, and people shouldn't have put him up on a pedestal in the first place, idiots.

Though I do find it strange that the same fans that would care about this now didn't care when he wore leather shoes and sang 'MIM', well, there's no difference. So wouldn't they too be called hypocritical? Hypocritical fans who agreed with him then but now disagree with him? very strange, and leather shoes are much worse if we are to compare.

Anyways.....

let he who has not sinned throw the first stone.

And then Jesus grabbed a huge stone and flung it with all his might at the weeping woman and her head split three ways.

yes contradictory in nature this man is, some will be irked if he says this and does that, fine ( or, get a life). We do the best we can, and people shouldn't have put him up on a pedestal in the first place, idiots.

The man can be a hypocrite. You know it. I know it. There's no other way to say it. It's not about his opinions. He has a right to those. Like them or not. My issue with him is obviously one close to my heart. He should not claim to be vegan if he eats cheese and wears wool. He is not a good ambassador for veganism. Yes we are all flawed but most of us don't publicly pretend to be something we're not (How careless can a person be to wear a designer jacket with wool as if nobody would notice or care??).

The only thing that's changed for me with all the these revelations is that he's now just a singer to me. He's not someone I have great admiration for like I did in the beginning. He can't be trusted or believed because he contradicts himself with his words and actions constantly. I wish he would just stop doing interviews. In fairness though as a public person he is far more scrutinized than most of us are. At the end of the day he has a lovely voice and is a fab songwriter. Not much of a dancer though lol. I will continue to try and not let his hypocrisy affect my enjoyment of his art.

Last edited:

Though I do find it strange that the same fans that would care about this now didn't care when he wore leather shoes and sang 'MIM', well, there's no difference. So wouldn't they too be called hypocritical? Hypocritical fans who agreed with him then but now disagree with him? very strange, and leather shoes are much worse if we are to compare.

Anyways.....

If they include honey, they’re not f***ing vegans, are they, champ?

...and we’re all infallible - but most who sin don’t preach an opposing behaviour to others. That’s a trait - most often - practiced by narcissistic douche-bags.

Serious Moz question for you though...
Will you die for him?
How deep does your delusion go?

He's either shameless or delusional. Probably both. A ludicrious narcissist.

There's really no point in re-hashing #Cheesegate & #Cashmeregate over this latest bout of 'do as I say not as I do' hypocrisy. His career is in free-fall and his Reputation is in ruins. He richly deserves every second of the karmic hurricane now engulfing him & I am proud my dark Sith skillz played a part in finally, finally bringing his alabaster clown-crown crashing down...

I wonder if the Smiths collection is going as well as the solo stuff, if so, I wouldn't mind the 7" Hand In Glove negative sleeve please?

Anyone holding rare memorabilia needs to decide if they ever want to cash out. If he dies soon, still enough residual goodwill to flog for profit. If The Smiths re-form, again, unless he's found in bed with a goat, probably still profit. But if he just lingers and stinks the media up with more of this shite for another decade, then the only place for that stuff will be the land-fill as there'll be simply too much of the crap to flog to the Julia Trust-Fund loons who populate The List...

not necessarily! I imagine if done humanely sheep would rather like to be sheared! I'm sure there is ethically sourced wool out there.

There is, from animal sanctuaries for rescued sheep but it's not of a quality that would allow a garment such as Morrissey is wearing. He could wear Free Sheep Wool. He chooses not to as he's a total hypocrite as anyone re-watching him squirm and almost throw his shoe at Larry King can clearly now see.

please go back and reread all my posts, I think you'll find that not to be true.

As if anyone is going to read your delusional archive of posts...FFS!

For f***s sake. Wool blazers or not, he still does more for animals than most of us.

For f***s sake. Wool blazers or not, he still does more for animals than most of us.

True. But it's also true that he's very judgemental and extreme in his views. A month ago the Finnish president Sauli Niinistö announced that he now eats meat only once a week due to environmental reasons, a statement which was very well received over here. Now, I'm sure that Morrissey heard that, he would most likely compare it killing only one child a week. Yet if one wants to change people's views, it's better to take the line that every chosen vegan/vegetarian dish is a good deed instead of demanding total purity immediately.

The problem is, when the Priest preaches celibacy and is caught screwing the parishioners, it tends to not get brushed off as much as old Mr. Thompson over there, who was cheating on his wife.

nah, the problem is... that he got caught ! ;) (joke people)

anyways, thank god, Morrissey is not a priest or Mr Thompson. But, a human being even after people have put him up on a pedestal, idiots.

and the idiots sing....

'OH MORRISSEY WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US ?! ' :rofl:

nah, the problem is... that he got caught ! ;) (joke people)

anyways, thank god, Morrissey is not a priest or Mr Thompson. But, a human being even after people have put him up on a pedestal, idiots.

and the idiots sing....

'OH MORRISSEY WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US ?! ' :rofl:

Well I don't think I'm an "idiot" for being disappointed in him, Yes, I admire his work for animal rights. It does/did make me admire him as a person. I didn't put him or any human on a pedestal. I'm not throwing away my records. I love the records- even the new one. A lot. I'm just disappointed in him for wearing wool and eating cheese. He's so careless and shameless about it. He is not a vegan's vegan. In fact he's not really vegan. Most of the artists I listen to aren't vegan. I don't put them on a pedestal either. Yes, Moz does more for animals than most professional singers do. I still appreciate that. Yes it's my fault for thinking more of Moz than, say, Graham Parker (one of my faves) but our boy kinda invites us to, ya know?

Moz really needs to brush up on his understanding of what it is to be vegan :lbf:

if he can call himself a humasexual, then, maybe it would be better if he invented a new label?

first he would have to define his veganism... a vegan who may occasionally wear some article of clothing that is not 100 percent vegan friendly. THERE IS NO REAL PROOF of him eating dairy, so I'm not gonna even go there.

Or maybe it's just easier and makes more sense just to call oneself vegan and not care what others say or think. Nah, that's too sensible.

And where were all you folks to call him not vegetarian when he wore leather shoes all those years ?

peoples reactions here are ridiculous, to say he least.

GET A GRIP, MOVE ON.

if he can call himself a humasexual, then, maybe it would be better if he invented a new label?

first he would have to define his veganism... a vegan who may occasionally wear some article of clothing that is not 100 percent vegan friendly.

Are you vegan? If not, why??

The man can be a hypocrite. You know it. I know it. There's no other way to say it. It's not about his opinions. He has a right to those. Like them or not. My issue with him is obviously one close to my heart. He should not claim to be vegan if he eats cheese and wears wool. He is not a good ambassador for veganism. Yes we are all flawed but most of us don't publicly pretend to be something we're not (How careless can a person be to wear a designer jacket with wool as if nobody would notice or care??).

The only thing that's changed for me with all the these revelations is that he's now just a singer to me. He's not someone I have great admiration for like I did in the beginning. He can't be trusted or believed because he contradicts himself with his words and actions constantly. I wish he would just stop doing interviews. In fairness though as a public person he is far more scrutinized than most of us are. At the end of the day he has a lovely voice and is a fab songwriter. Not much of a dancer though lol. I will continue to try and not let his hypocrisy affect my enjoyment of his art.

'The man can be a hypocrite. You know it.'

'My issue with him is obviously one close to my heart.'

well, if your heart is big enough, then let it be open with acceptance of others human imperfections.

'He should not claim to be vegan if he eats cheese'

photos or video of him partaking in such activities would be needed before being proven as true. And so... THAT IS NOT TRUE.

'He is not a good ambassador for veganism.'

HE NEVER CLAIMED to be the 'ambassador of veganism' ! you put him up on the pedestal called 'ambassador of veganism', and I'm sorry that... only you have disappointed yourself.

'Yes we are all flawed but most of us don't publicly pretend to be something we're not'

like who? it's complicated , but people pretend for many different reasons under different labels, usually as a way to survive. I'm not saying it is right.

'How careless can a person be to wear a designer jacket with wool as if nobody would notice or care??'

guess, you answered your own question. Then again he may have his reasons that may only make sense to him, that he may or may not explain to others some day.

'The only thing that's changed for me with all the these revelations is that he's now just a singer to me.'

good, if that works for you.

'He's not someone I have great admiration for like I did in the beginning.'

even he may be happy to hear that you've grown and have accepted him as.... human.

'He can't be trusted or believed because he contradicts himself with his words and actions constantly.'

again, human all too human.

'In fairness though as a public person he is far more scrutinized than most of us are.'

yes.

'At the end of the day he has a lovely voice and is a fab songwriter.'

yes, and even before then.

'Not much of a dancer though lol.'

compared to... ?

'I will continue to try and not let his hypocrisy affect my enjoyment of his art.'

yes, it may be worth your effort. :thumb:

Yes, I admire his work for animal rights. It does/did make me admire him as a person. I didn't put him or any human on a pedestal. I'm not throwing away my records. I love the records- even the new one. A lot. I'm just disappointed in him for wearing wool and eating cheese. He's so careless and shameless about it. He is not a vegan's vegan. In fact he's not really vegan. Most of the artists I listen to aren't vegan. I don't put them on a pedestal either. Yes, Moz does more for animals than most professional singers do. I still appreciate that. Yes it's my fault for thinking more of Moz than, say, Graham Parker (one of my faves) but our boy kinda invites us to, ya know?

photos or video of him partaking in such activities would be needed before being proven as true. And so... THAT IS NOT TRUE.

'The man can be a hypocrite. You know it.'

'My issue with him is obviously one close to my heart.'

well, if your heart is big enough, then let it be open with acceptance of others human imperfections.

I can assure my heart is big enough. Is yours? I notice you didn't answer my question about whether you are vegan or not. I'm not judging you. I just want you to consider it. Please. It's worth the very small sacrifice (and it won't feel like a sacrifice for long).

You make a lot of good points. You usually do. :)

I reckon at least Steve's board shorts he wears when surfing at Malibu with John Lydon, Dave Evans, and William Michael Albert Broad aren't wool. I reckon.

I can assure my heart is big enough. Is yours? I notice you didn't answer my question about whether you are vegan or not. I'm not judging you. I just want you to consider it. Please. It's worth the very small sacrifice (and it won't feel like a sacrifice for long).

You make a lot of good points. You usually do. :)

I'm not totally vegan. If something has honey in it, like baked goods, I won't freak out about it and start bleeding from the eyes! So I must be a 'hypocrite', or we need a new name for those that are vegan but don't entirely exclude honey.

Been vegetarian since early 87 (because of 'MIM'). And vegan since 95. And I've never felt better!

I remember telling M a long time ago that I was vegan, he seemed impressed, obviously it was something that he at that time couldn't do yet. Of course I didn't look down on him, though I did feel a little superior to him ! :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom