Morrissey UK shows in March 2015; on sale Jan. 16

The Secret Diary of Steven Morrissey (part 2)

Holy Mary mother of God !
I awake trembling in a cold sweat, my pyjamas are ringing wet. Meat fed Wilson paid me a visit last night (he's making a habit of this now) stood at the bottom of my bed he is gesturing me waving a huge chicken drumstick " your a disgrace to Madchester Steven " he goes on " Shaun was the best songwriter and you know it ! " oh piss off meat fed you big willy bag what do you want now ? I reply and he starts singing in a high pitched voice " Johnny ! Remember me ! Over and over again until I awake with a start.
It's 7.23 am and I can smell bacon coming from the hotel kitchen below, I open the window and put some bird seed out on the ledge for my friend the sparrow who I have named Paulo.
Quim knocks on the door and delivers my breakfast red grapefruits scattered in pommygranite and pine nuts, we double kiss,he bows and is gone. Paulo has landed and we discuss The Sex Pistols gig at Manchester Free Trade Hall over breakfast and I tell him I was there with Buzzcock Pete, (now that's a name from the past, last I heard he was living in
Belmont, Rivington).
Well it's been a hectic week work wise, Nuno has been driving me to various locations so I can observe the Portuguese people in their daily routines, it's so demanding I usually drop off on the return journey.
My love for Mrs Shufflebottom has faded and I am now obsessed with Charlie Cairoli a very funny clown who settled in Blackpool (he once performed before Hitler) . I like him even more than Jimmy Clitheroe. Just like me with Manchester, Charlie was never truly recognised for his massive contribution to Blackpool, and so in his honour I plan to film a video in the summer at 129 Warley Rd Northshore for my new single Oh you silly man. Charlie will also appear at future live dates on the bass drum.
Who said I didn't like black music ? Whilst tubing in bed the other night I discovered Sweet Brown and I cannot get her song Ain't Nobody Got Time For That out of my head, I would like her as support for the dates in March if not a backdrop.
Crikey look at the time ! I decide to ring Johnny to discuss Royalties but he's busy baking some old Smiths rare tracks in the oven so he can re-master them for future release whilst also designing a new guitar with Brian Eastwood.
There's a knock on the door and I am greeted by Iago from reception he steps in, we double kiss, he bows and I nod my approval, "Sir I have an e-mail for you !" He turns and leaves. I sit on the balcony and read the e-mail it's from Sean Wilson of the Saddleworth cheese company asking me to pop in for a bit of 'How's yer Father' next time I'm in town, sounds delicious.
Feeling hungry I call Quim and ask for a selection of cheese canapés to be delivered to my room in one hour and seventeen minutes.
After a nap there's a knock on the door and Quim wheels in my feast of cheese straws and spinach and cheese puffs, he presents them bows and leaves. Tonight I am going to get shit faced and have an all night tube session in bed so I decide to send Beaky a sober statement with the heading ' The shame of beloved Blackpool '.
Tomorrow I must ring Dr Jeremy Fine and I hope and pray that Meat fed Wilson does not return to haunt me in the night. Also need to call Hockney.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

LOL

i assume day 3 will have Iago deliver the bill for his sumptuous stay at the luxury hotel directly leading to the UK mini tour,

cheers

The clue was in the bit that said " last I heard " Surface.
If your going to be clever you need to try harder.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Really, you are clearly out of touch, Buzzcocks released a new album in October and toured, they are also on tour again in March. Look outside of your Morrissey obsession and you may learn something.

That's wonderful! I'm giddy just thinking about going!! How close were you to the stage?

I suppose it will be a priceless experience!

Due to being a student, however, I am naturally skint. :lbf:
£60 is my limit. Which may be foolish of me!

I've made it to the third or forth row!!! Have a look at the pictures I've posted in the Essen show thread.

And for me it was a priceless experience indeed!!!

So, go ahead :) I've paid 70 EUR which is around 55-60 GBP.

Anyone found a presale link yet? Usually O2 Priority or Gigsandtours put tickets up a couple of days early but I can't find any sign of a presale yet.

Bournemouth BIC is no more than 3,000 capacity, probably closer to 2,500. No problem getting up close with standing tickets. Not a bad venue at all, plus good night life aftershow, Local to me so have seen quite a few bands there over the years

Strange venue, BIC. I was there before Christmas on 2 consecutive nights and they seem to have a thing about bringing drinks into the hall. I can't imagine that suiting a Morrissey audience. Or do they relax it depending on who is on that night? I didn't see any bars in there so presumably you have to go back out to the foyer.

Re: TTY: Morrissey UK shows in March

This is why I wanna move to the UK. :(
Why, the taxes are high and the weather is crap. Also if you are American you are subject to report and pay taxes on your foreign income. To make matters worse I'm subject to a Shared Responsibility Payment for Obama care this year.

Glasgow presale tomorrow.

Are there GA tickets in the presale, generally?

Glasgow presale tomorrow.

Are there GA tickets in the presale, generally?

Unfortunately, only if you are an SSE user. I cannot find a single soul who uses them. Bizarre. And Damnable :(

I would guarantee that there will be GA tickets in the pre-sale. Oftentimes it's only GA in a pre-sale.

It should be a huge standing area anyroad, as there are only going to be 2 blocks of retractable seating in place on Level 0 for the Morrissey concert, allowing for an ocean of sweaty Scotch irregulars to do their thing :)

Hey Joe, how do you know that there's only going to be two blocks of seats on the floor? I can't seem to find reliable info on the layout from anywhere.

Any idea on the standing capacity of Bournemouth?

How hard will it be to get GA if I get online right at sale time?

Has anyone been to this Leeds venue? Is it all proper seated and posh? If so I'm not interested.

It's a bit like the 3 Arena in Dublin, semi-circular in shape, decent standing area but not too big, google images will show you how it is.

LEEDS saw the Who there the other month- will never return as it was just a giant cinema -no atmosphere at all- supermarket society stuff- be seated in your place and clap politely as the noise echoes off the giant tin air conditioning tubes above -and there was no standing at all for that gig! so I would check with the venue 1st and it took well over an hour to get out of the multi storey carbuncle

Hey Joe, how do you know that there's only going to be two blocks of seats on the floor? I can't seem to find reliable info on the layout from anywhere.

I contacted the Hydro and they said "This event will be in the format of standing and seated with two retractable sections opened" which is the 'standard seating and standing layout' with blocks 52 and 53 seated. Bummer for balcony boys like myself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom