Morrissey UK shows in March 2015; on sale Jan. 16

have texted or rang all the people who have attended the 9 uk Morrissey gigs with me since 1999 - none of them are interested in arena gigs and some have become detached from his recent efforts music wise not suprising though due to lack of promotion or air play- I even got a txt back saying "bring back the days of Hartlepool borough hall"

have texted or rang all the people who have attended the 9 uk Morrissey gigs with me since 1999 - none of them are interested in arena gigs and some have become detached from his recent efforts music wise not suprising though due to lack of promotion or air play- I even got a txt back saying "bring back the days of Hartlepool borough hall"

That's how people grow up ! They've handed him back and said you'll never guess we're bored now !
If only Steven could have mixed with his peers better or embraced the modern world and technology things could have been different.
I watched Mr Bowie live the other night on sky arts (a reality tour) and I thought the whole thing oozed class and dignity ( I'm not a Bowie fan either)
The sound the band created was amazing for a start and Mr Bowie seemed to be very respectful of them all, a strong bond was on show. They played their instruments with confidence and fineness. You could feel the atmosphere of the whole performance entering my living room, it had everything what a value for money showman Mr Bowie is or was ?
Compared to watching 25 live hand jive ! Jesus that's horrible, painful on the ears and downright embarrassing to sit through.
Jesse ! ( will he ever be boot camp ready ) Beaky at the front speaking on the microphone ! Arrrrrgggghh what a cheese fest.
My two boys 15 and 11 where pissing themselves laughing yet when I observed them watch Mr Bowie they watched with interest.
Thanks for reading.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

That is exactly it for me and my wife. I went to see the Smiths and have seen him all over on solo tours - highlights Dunoon, Sunderland and Newcastle. I have lost it with Morrissey with his 'look at me' whining and, although this recent album was decent I can't be bothered to see him at an Arena. Funnily enough I will be getting tickets tomorrow but for my son and his pal - I guess its passing on the baton. I still love his music but have lost affection for the man - the recent enigmatic announcements regarding his health were typical. People were genuinely concerned and any other artist would have released an official statement to clarify. Not Morrissey he'd seemingly prefer to have his fans in a perpetual state of concern - he really disrespects his fans in this way. I actually think I don't like him anymore - and yes, I know I won't be missed.

That is exactly it for me and my wife. I went to see the Smiths and have seen him all over on solo tours - highlights Dunoon, Sunderland and Newcastle. I have lost it with Morrissey with his 'look at me' whining and, although this recent album was decent I can't be bothered to see him at an Arena. Funnily enough I will be getting tickets tomorrow but for my son and his pal - I guess its passing on the baton. I still love his music but have lost affection for the man - the recent enigmatic announcements regarding his health were typical. People were genuinely concerned and any other artist would have released an official statement to clarify. Not Morrissey he'd seemingly prefer to have his fans in a perpetual state of concern - he really disrespects his fans in this way. I actually think I don't like him anymore - and yes, I know I won't be missed.

It's not about you, me, us, the band ! Just remember its all about the singer and that's all that matters.

Thanks for the advice on wich city to choose, hotel for Glasgow has been booked :). Now all I need is a ticket, but that's just details ;-)

Thanks, Elles

The hydro isn't out of town, it's close to west end of glasgow which is actually much better for bars and restaurants than the centre of the city, you come out the hydro, cross over the railway and you're on argyle st, which has loads of good bars, no need to any further into the city, in fact on a Saturday night it's probably better to stay out of the city centre it can be a bit mental, the west end is much more sophisticated

That's why I said ish! I know Glasgow very well. I agree about the West End. I'll probably end up at the Hilton by the gardens. I also know Birminingham well, and that venue is certainly more central. That's all I meant. I've not been to the Hydro, but saw it being built so know where it is. I attend conferences at the SECC regularly. Everyone who attends with me demand that I don't book hotels near it, as they say "it's too far out of town"

Does anyone know when the presale ends. I don't get paid until tommorow so i was wondering if i will still be able to buy presale tickets first thing tomorrow or if I'll have to Wait until they go on general sale at 10am.

Does anyone know when the presale ends. I don't get paid until tommorow so i was wondering if i will still be able to buy presale tickets first thing tomorrow or if I'll have to Wait until they go on general sale at 10am.

Do you mean the SSE rewards one or the MPORIUM one?

The SSE ends at 09:25am tomorrow.

I'd imagine the MPORIUM pre-sale will continue until they exhaust their allocations.

Good luck :)

That's why I said ish! I know Glasgow very well. I agree about the West End. I'll probably end up at the Hilton by the gardens. I also know Birminingham well, and that venue is certainly more central. That's all I meant. I've not been to the Hydro, but saw it being built so know where it is. I attend conferences at the SECC regularly. Everyone who attends with me demand that I don't book hotels near it, as they say "it's too far out of town"
Don't mean to split hairs but for me out of town means somewhere like braehead shopping centre where you have to get a bus or taxi to get there, the hydro is in the city centre it's just not in the centre of the city, anyway I wish moz was playing the barrowlands, now that's a venue

Do you mean the SSE rewards one or the MPORIUM one?

The SSE ends at 09:25am tomorrow.

I'd imagine the MPORIUM pre-sale will continue until they exhaust their allocations.

Good luck :)

I meant the SSE presale. Thanks for that. I'm trying to avoid the usual stress of trying to order tickets while I'm busy at work tomorrow.

I wonder if any of these will be filmed.

Surprised at no manchester date also, our kid has a way of adding dates though.

In my opinion he needs to back off WPINOYB a bit and mix in some more oldies, even deep track oldies if he's bored w Sunday and HSIN.

In my opinion he needs to back off WPINOYB a bit and mix in some more oldies, even deep track oldies if he's bored w Sunday and HSIN.

He needs to pull out Jack the Ripper or Sheila Take a Bow or the like and just shock everyone.

He must be so tired of having sung the same songs for all those shows last year. I hope he changes the setlist.

Maybe Anna Calvi will be supporting. Have you listened to her music?

best
BB

Yes Im very familiar with Anna Cavli,s music , ive known about her artistic talent for about 5 years!

What can one say???

Shes not in the same league nor class as our Gothic princess- miss KristeenYoung !
But then no one is - except of course 4 patti smith - the Goddess of punk!

Anyways were buying our tickets sunday nite, probaby 4 the Glasgow concert and maybe some others maybe, I absoultey dont care what Price I have 2 pay, even if I have to go to e-bay and pay 3 or 4 times the price!

SCOTLAND HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Just cant wait to go and see morrissey live in concert again!
Getting over excited here, adrenalines already pumbing as I speack, and its weeks away yet LOL :)

But PLEASE bring back kristeenYoung 2 open up the proceeding ! - all is forgiven!!!!!

Last edited:
I wonder if any of these will be filmed.

Surprised at no manchester date also, our kid has a way of adding dates though.

Fingers crossed let's hope not, 25 live was frickin awful. The camera work was shite.

Just had half an hour of Metta meditation 2 calm myself down again and reflect !

Almost time 4 a glass of red wine now 2! We sumtimes make our own stuff normally so theres no toxic sulphite chemicals ect added !

Enjoy the rest of your evening ! :)

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Just bought 2 standing for Glasgow. I feel so much better now. Thanks to everyone here for the links and info.

Good luck to every one today. I hope you all get the tickets you want. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom