Morrissey To Play One Off ''Acoustic Set'' For BBC6

forgive my ignorance but if this somehow is NOT an april fools joke and it actually happens, would the general public be able to go and see this or is it more of a closed radio studio?

JJ lives in a part of Manchester where it is still February.

JJ lives in a part of Manchester where it is still 1976.

A very good friend of mine (and a source for past info that has been correct) sent me a text to say Morrissey is to do a live acoustic session for a forthcoming Radio BBC6 show ''within the next two weeks'' - including a new song he has been working on:eek:

I sent a text back but she wouldn't elaborate any further other than to say ''watch this space''.

So, watch this space:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

It's totally true.. I'm the guitarist. We will be playing 4 songs including 1 new one. John Peel will produce form beyond the grave. Everyone in attendance gets an autographed cheeseburger from Morrissey himself. Hope some of you can get tickets.

Yeah I thought of that -- it's one of my favourite performances of his career. Does the dude (show's house musician?) in the shadows have an electric or acoustic?

I actually respect Morrissey's devotion to (plugged-in) pop music. People want him with string orchestras and all, which sounds good on paper but wouldn't give him the audience feedback he feeds off of. But definitely would be nice to hear him in a radio studio with Bozman on acoustic.

I've Changed My Plea to Guilty. Vocal and Piano. Recently reposted on here from Jonathon Ross on Channel 4.

The closest to 'unplugged' that springs to mind.

A friend of a friend said its going to be him and Marr.

A very good friend of mine (and a source for past info that has been correct) sent me a text to say Morrissey is to do a live acoustic session for a forthcoming Radio BBC6 show ''within the next two weeks'' - including a new song he has been working on:eek:

I sent a text back but she wouldn't elaborate any further other than to say ''watch this space''.

So, watch this space:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

I hear from a source via Perez Hilton a certain Johnny, Andy and Mike are
in the same show

Yeah I thought of that -- it's one of my favourite performances of his career. Does the dude (show's house musician?) in the shadows have an electric or acoustic?

I actually respect Morrissey's devotion to (plugged-in) pop music. People want him with string orchestras and all, which sounds good on paper but wouldn't give him the audience feedback he feeds off of. But definitely would be nice to hear him in a radio studio with Bozman on acoustic.

That would be Steve Nieve, former member of Elvis Costello & The Attactions? Its a traditional piano, so apart from the microphones its about as unplugged as it gets.

That would be Steve Nieve, former member of Elvis Costello & The Attactions? Its a traditional piano, so apart from the microphones its about as unplugged as it gets.

There is electric guitar in it too.

Is there? I haven't watched it for a while. Oh well, bang goes that theory

They don't even show his face.. he's in the shadows. He's very low in the mix.

They don't even show his face.. he's in the shadows. He's very low in the mix.

Pretty sure it's Kevin Armstrong (who also played guitar for Bowie @ Live Aid and Prefab Sprout).

In fact ,Steve Nieve and The Playboys(inc Pete Thomas of The Attractions)were a damn good house band.

JJ lives in a part of Manchester where it is still February. So I don't think the April 1st thing will have registered with him. Perhaps his "friend" is having him on? Not nice really, the poor lads just sat at home writing Valentines Cards and someone does this to him :lbf:

Blimey, just looked at the MEN today and it is April:eek:

Yeah, apparently it was his very good friend Michelle Joyce that texted him

My source shall not be revealed:thumb:

JJ lives in a part of Manchester where it is still 1976.
:( sadly you are right:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

The show's just been confirmed on Avril Premiere's radio show !
Tickets by postal ballot!
:)

The show's just been confirmed on Avril Premiere's radio show !
Tickets by postal ballot!
:)

I've already got mine, plus 3 spare, courtesy of my friend.
Please send topless pictures (by pm:thumb:) if interested;)

Jukebox Jury

I've already got mine, plus 3 spare, courtesy of my friend.
Please send topless pictures (by pm:thumb:) if interested;)

Jukebox Jury

does this get me a ticket? :straightface:

bodybuilder.jpg

Tags
april fool? jizzboxjuicy jokeboxjury we love jj
Back
Top Bottom