Morrissey to play at the Cruel World Festival (Carson, CA, May 2, 2020)

full

Information via Jesse Tobias:

20200211_202104.jpg

Event website:
https://cruelworldfest.com/
(presale tickets / prices).
Update February 15: tickets sold out.

A nice selection of bands.
Regards,
FWD.

Media items:

Last edited:
OK, so it's either error on my part (highly possible), or error on that website I linked to (saying 2013). I can't find any other link to it anywhere at the moment.
Like you say, that's the recent tour pic, so not sure what's going on. It'll get sorted soon I suppose.

Joins on Tuesday, and the first message is this f***ing drivel. Wipe your mouth, scrape the shit off your shoes, and start again.
Well spotted hovis....another one that thinks morrissey is no longer relevant... but he must be hovis cos they ALL still post about him...

Age isn't an issue to go to a gig or at least it shouldn't be. However, I think anyone of any age should be questioning whether they wish to support Morrissey given his political views. I'm know many folk aged mid 40s to 60s (once ardent fans) who didn't even consider the last tour or the current UK gigs. People who have spent most of their youth and life (and incredible amounts of money) following him all over the world who can no longer stomach his rhetoric. There was a time I would know of several hundred people going to a Morrissey gig (pre and post shows would be organised). I know of no-one going to Leeds and only 2 folk I know are going to London. One of them because he can't bear the idea of missing a UK show because he's been to them all - even he's conflicted. It's a sorry state of affairs instigated by Morrissey himself. Rather than tour (cancel) he has chosen only 2 dates. In some ways it's quite clever (truncate the tour - get more people going to these dates - they sell out - claim success) but even these dates have failed to sell-out weeks after going on sale. Once loyal fans have left and are staying away. I don't see how can return from this.
I take some of your points here, to be fair.... I was speaking with a colleague of mine, a few days back about the two dates, and told her I was going to Leeds with my eldest daughter. As she had already informed me she was a huge fan, and she rattled of all the albums, smiths and Moz ones, then said, I kinda got fed up when I read some of his racist views on true to you.... I said nothing as I waited for confirmation of what she read on true to you, alas nothing.... then she announced that she had secured tickets to see frankie Boyle.....she was swiftly informed that FB can say anything he wants but morrissey can’t, and that FB is more controversial than moz.... she was also told that just because moz is a pop star, he is well within his rights to have views... she knew then to retreat and lick her wounds ... if the lass only knew then that she was messing with Carlislebaz....

Well it finally happened ! Just when I thought no one cares about 80’s flashbacks a world of surprise appears ! GO Morrissey GO what a line up can’t wait!!!

Except that they could, quite easily ...

Bela Lugosi's Dead
She's in Parties
Lagartija Nik
Spirit
Telegram Sam
Kick in the Eye
Ziggy Stardust
The Passion of Lovers

All troubled the UK independent charts. 5 troubled the UK singles charts.
takeaway telegram sam and Ziggy stardust and your left with 6 songs.2 top 40 singles.i was a fan in my youth I was just pointing out why they had second billing.

They have second billing due to their exceptional live performances and the fact they have recently built on that reputation in the US.
they only reformed last year,must have been some tour.

takeaway telegram sam and Ziggy stardust and your left with 6 songs.2 top 40 singles.i was a fan in my youth I was just pointing out why they had second billing.
Gordyboy... I’ve just Alexa these songs , can’t remember none of them ... must have been a sober week for back then... sound a bit like sisters of mercy... please advise!!!

Gordyboy... I’ve just Alexa these songs , can’t remember none of them ... must have been a sober week for back then... sound a bit like sisters of mercy... please advise!!!
bela lugosis dead for me was their best known song and didnt make the charts.
if you ask alexa bela lugosis dead,she will say I know do you think im thick, he died years ago.

if you ask alexa bela lugosis dead,she will say I know do you think im thick, he died years ago.
Ha... was bela Dracula in the early days

Also , just enlightened my self to the violent femms, can remember them , being darlings in the NME, but never heard their music, until now.... we’ll this event sounds spectacular... obviously I’ve heard of all the uk acts .... but bauhouse, femms sound great.... good luck to all who are nearly their!!!!!

I picked up my tickets today, not too bad considering Morrissey alone is charging similar for good seats at his shows. However, I'll be ducking out after Bauhaus and calling it good.

"What happens when the intoxication of Morrissey has evaporated? Following the silent hedges..."

Last edited:
Bauhaus. Stunning.

They split way too soon but then we got Love and Rockets, Tones on Tail and Dalis Car. Can't complain.

I know they got tagged goth. I get why but they were always more post punk than goth to me. Their early 80s live shows cemented the post punk feel for me.

Bauhaus. Stunning.

They split way too soon but then we got Love and Rockets, Tones on Tail and Dalis Car. Can't complain.

I know they got tagged goth. I get why but they were always more post punk than goth to me. Their early 80s live shows cemented the post punk feel for me.
You know more than me on this subject... I could get into them quite easily... thanks for the musical knowledge.....

I picked up my tickets today, not too bad considering Morrissey alone is charging similar for good seats at his shows. However, I'll be ducking out after Bauhaus and calling it good.

"What happens when the intoxication of Morrissey has evaporated? Following the silent hedges..."
you certainly wont be missed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom