Morrissey to appear on the "Late Show with David Letterman" January 8th 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey to appear on the "Late Show with David Letterman" January 8th

Out of the new songs, "Action Is My Middle Name" is the best choice. I'm pleasantly relieved (maybe he read this thread)...

Again, he was slated to play "Action" on Colbert in much the same way..Don't completely get your hopes up that you'll be hearing the downbeat of "Action" on January 8th.

Re: Article: Morrissey to appear on the "Late Show with David Letterman" January 8th

Agreed that Action... is the best of a poor to midland set of new songs. I really like the piano intro but when the rest of the band kick in it inevitably turns into standard Morrissey fare - musically wise anyhow if not lyrically.

Would still like him to perform it on Letterman with a stripped back band - piano more at the forefront throughout and acoustic guitars instead of electric, low in the mix.

wow cool I will watch it online!

For those watching the whole show who aren't familiar with the guest Brian Williams, he's a news anchor and regular household name in America. He can be snarky which is awesome. The Soup has even dedicated a segment to his bitchier musings. Cool guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

wow cool I will watch it online!

You know you've made it when people mock your name. :cool:

Mozzer's a loon, the Late Show audience are slightly hipper than average people in their late 30s to early 70s, and there also might be a weird teen in there. I'd say 80% of Letterman's average viewer has no clue who Morrissey is and 10% have "heard" of him but not heard him and the other 10% maybe fans or people that have liked a couple of songs.

If Morrissey was smart he would play his most popular song (according to youtube) There Is A Light. Newbies that "get" the song will get what Morrissey is about instantly and will because curious about his other works. Newbies that listen to Action will shrug their shoulders at another old alt rocker that the critics supposedly love and wonder what the big deal is.

Morrissey plays the same song... EVERYWHEEEERRRE...

"If Morrissey was smart he would play his most popular song (according to youtube) There Is A Light."

Agreed.

Agreed that Action... is the best of a poor to midland set of new songs. I really like the piano intro but when the rest of the band kick in it inevitably turns into standard Morrissey fare - musically wise anyhow if not lyrically.

Would still like him to perform it on Letterman with a stripped back band - piano more at the forefront throughout and acoustic guitars instead of electric, low in the mix.

Just him and a piano would be sublime.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom