Morrissey: "That's Entertainment" (2021 version - stream rip) MP3

Harsh Truth

Ever Felt Had?
Hi there... a local station has been spinning "That's Entertainment (2021 Version)". Here is a capture of it from the online stream (fades in and out from songs before and after it):

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I hadn't seen this anywhere in the forums, but admittedly I haven't been around as much lately so I may have missed it.

Last edited:
Hi there... a local station has been spinning "That's Entertainment (2021 Version)". Here is a capture of it from the online stream (fades in and out from songs before and after it):

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I hadn't seen this anywhere in the forums, but admittedly I haven't been around as much lately so I may have missed it.

Thank You very much.

í can have both.

Thank You very much.

í can have both.

My pleasure. I heard it randomly in the car the other day and knew instantly that it was the mysterious new version that I don’t believe has surfaced yet. So I set my computer to record the station’s stream for a day and then went back in digging for it - and voila!

Nice. I have the record sat here staring at me and no record player.
Thank you.
As soon as the digital version surfaces - it will appear here too.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
To make sense of the press release...
It appears "The recording is not the aborted version from 1994, but retains the original Morrissey vocal. New instrumentation and vocals have been added." means it is the vocal that we have all known on the existing release with new overdubs of instruments and vocals. So some recent studio work occured, but no indication of what the 1994 bit is about. I'd chalk this misinformation along with the mis-dating of the video down to poor PR unless something miraculous comes along to clarify.

Last edited:
Nice. I have the record sat here staring at me and no record player.
Thank you.
As soon as the digital version surfaces - it will appear here too.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit:
To make sense of the press release...
It appears "The recording is not the aborted version from 1994, but retains the original Morrissey vocal. New instrumentation and vocals have been added." means it is the vocal that we have all known on the existing release with new overdubs of instruments and vocals. So some recent studio work occured, but no indication of what the 1994 bit is about. I'd chalk this misinformation along with the mis-dating of the video down to poor PR unless something miraculous comes along to clarify.

Indeed. To my ears, the vocal is identical, but with a new Boz Noodle. í like both, but the 1991 release retains an immovable spot in my cardiac atria. í fail to understand, however, why you would replace Kate St John's Cor Anglais with a Casio job?

A question for you FWD ~ Does the new '45 list the details of the live recording? Specifically, is the PR mis-dating repeated on the sleeve notes? If the answer is in the affirmative, í shall scream and scream and scream until í am sick...

Snip...

A question for you FWD ~ Does the new '45 list the details of the live recording? Specifically, is the PR mis-dating repeated on the sleeve notes? If the answer is in the affirmative, í shall scream and scream and scream until í am sick...

Sorry, just saw this.

As I have an open copy, A-side:

PXL_20210215_104425296~2.jpg

And B-side:

PXL_20210215_104253504~2.jpg

So for anyone interested, they memorialised their error for all time.
Cosmic Dancer was recorded/filmed at The Great Western Forum, Inglewood, California on June 2, 1991 - so someone has swapped the 6th month and 2nd day to the UK version which gives us 2nd Month, 6th day.
Sorry Miss Bott, you may begin screaming :)
Regards,
FWD.

Sorry, just saw this.

View attachment 68699

And B-side:

View attachment 68700

Cosmic Dancer was recorded/filmed at The Great Western Forum, Inglewood, California on June 2, 1991 - so someone has swapped the 6th month and 2nd day to the UK version which gives us 2nd Month, 6th day.
Regards,
FWD.

I wonder if this version of Entertainment was Morrissey’s way of seeing what Boz can do musically and with arrangements when he was deciding to put together the band.

It’s nice, though I don’t care for the lead vocal being panned that extremely, a bit odd.

Sorry, just saw this.

View attachment 68699

And B-side:

View attachment 68700

Regards,
FWD.

Why am í not surprised? Shakin' bloody Stevens has a better curated archive than Stretford Steve...

But, at least my Dear Holmes, you're deduction makes elementary good sense. Likely as a result of some American mislabeling error on a tape box/digital file? 2/6/91 crosses the Atlantic and translates as 6/2/91. But from a QC standpoint, clearly nobody with any awareness of Moz history, let alone the man himself, passed their eyes across the final product.

No chance of a cheeky matrix message?

Why am í not surprised? Shakin' bloody Stevens has a better curated archive than Stretford Steve...

But, at least my Dear Holmes, you're deduction makes elementary good sense. Likely as a result of some American mislabeling error on a tape box/digital file? 2/6/91 crosses the Atlantic and translates as 6/2/91. But from a QC standpoint, clearly nobody with any awareness of Moz history, let alone the man himself, passed their eyes across the final product.

No matrix message. A couple of codes on the runout - zero otherwise.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks.

I don't hate this.

Sorry, just saw this.

View attachment 68699

And B-side:

View attachment 68700

Regards,
FWD.
Thanks.

I hate this.

i wish.

do you or anyone know on what record was the last matrix message? and why do you think he stopped doing them?

i wish.

do you or anyone know on what record was the last matrix message? and why do you think he stopped doing them?
Probably this (and possibly a nod to the old matrix messages):

34065711631_ea7487fa7b_o-800x534.jpg

Worth noting there have been solo matrix messages.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom