Morrissey statement: "The Slander System" (via FB Morrissey Official)

Note: links to a picture of text rather than text.

41769_morrissey_20171211.png

https://www.facebook.com/Morrissey/posts/1535483839821485:0

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
So,no evidence of a problem with drink.
Best not to throw around unfound accusations.
I wouldn't even know if my best friend had a drink problem never mind a total stranger.

Wrong, yet again, my Irish friend. You believe what you want to. It's all you can do. You're still wrong.

Wrong, yet again, my Irish friend. You believe what you want to. It's all you can do. You're still wrong.
I am not "believing" anything.
I do not know,or care,if he does drink too much.
However,you seem to have evidence for such. Or if you don't,you are just making assumptions about a complete stranger.
So...i take it,there is no proof from you?

I am not "believing" anything.
I do not know,or care,if he does drink too much.
However,you seem to have evidence for such. Or if you don't,you are just making assumptions about a complete stranger.
So...i take it,there is no proof from you?
He will never reply to this. When he gets called on his bullshit he goes into hiding.

Indeed, but that’s the level ForeSkinny plays at these last few years, just spreading lies and rumours around like some filthy third rate Sun-journalist.

The court of public opinion is frothing at the mouth. Your feelings and plagues of hysteria supersede everything else. All you puritan and honourable jurors can meter out whatever sentence you feel is warranted and then crawl back in your hole where I'm guessing it's nice and damp :)

Last edited:
I think he was courting fame with a pop single as other alternative artists have done in the past. Look at Friday I'm in Love. It was a huge song, and disgustingly sugary. I'm a fan of the Cure, but I loathe the song. Even worse, was when they tried to capitalize on the success and released the utterly disgusting Mint Car four years later. Their recording career never recovered.

What rubs me the wrong way with KMAL and the seemingly dumbed down lyrics in general, is that he never, ever dropped his standards, or attempted to pander to anyone prior to a certain point. When he makes comments such as 'eggless blah blah pop drivel" it just smacks of jealousy. He's always pushed and pulled in equal measure. Both musically, and as a public figure. Any chance of success, he torpedos, and why? Why bother chasing pop-star fame at his age? A: It's a fickle industry based on cosmetic as much (more) than art,
B: When he's not pushing them away, he has THE most loyal fanbase in the entire industry.

just think real artists have always felt bitter because they feel... underappreciated, to say the least. That's what I think it is.

just think real artists have always felt bitter because they feel... underappreciated, to say the least. That's what I think it is.
How has he been under-appreciated though? He's achieved fame the like of which a guy like him- bedroom warrior introvert with no aptitude for playing music, but gifted with scathing wit and poetic nature- should ever have received. For him to achieve any fame to begin with was impressive, and he formerly had something far more valuable than numbers, or asses in seats, which was respect. I've been baffled for a while that he'd bait/troll the media so heavily on sensitive topics. It's a losing game.
I don't blame him for wanting a piece of the pie, but rather, for seeming to ignore the fact that he has a pie of his own, and it appears well made, with nice ingredients.

EDIT: And I agree with you that he seems to feel under-appreciated and that lies at the root of the behavior leading to much of his current situation.

How has he been under-appreciated though? He's achieved fame the like of which a guy like him- bedroom warrior introvert with no aptitude for playing music, but gifted with scathing wit and poetic nature- should ever have received. For him to achieve any fame to begin with was impressive, and he formerly had something far more valuable than numbers, or asses in seats, which was respect. I've been baffled for a while that he'd bait/troll the media so heavily on sensitive topics. It's a losing game.
I don't blame him for wanting a piece of the pie, but rather, for seeming to ignore the fact that he has a pie of his own, and it appears well made, with nice ingredients.

EDIT: And I agree with you that he seems to feel under-appreciated and that lies at the root of the behavior leading to much of his current situation.

i feel it's not so much about being famous and more about the deeper arts and artists that are considered outsiders always given the shaft =under-appreciated.
Imagine Morrissey or a Mark E Smith in the same position as a Swift or gaga. I think he's just calling out the injustice of it, and the injustice to the people, as most don't really get the choice to choose for something with a little more depth really.

yes, you can say people can find it for themselves so they do have a choice, but only a few, the brave who break away from the majority and find the strength to think for themselves to make choices that will enrich their lives. Because the media and society is pretty much set up to thwart people from thinking for themselves and true artists are not really given the same opportunity so that their voice and ideas can reach people on the same level as pop stars are, because real artists are dangerous, or so they say. This is also why I think it's funny when M is called a 'pop star'. Not true.

Hi DavidK :love:

i feel it's not so much about being famous and more about the deeper arts and artists that are considered outsiders always given the shaft =under-appreciated.
Imagine Morrissey or a Mark E Smith in the same position as a Swift or gaga. I think he's just calling out the injustice of it, and the injustice to the people, as most don't really get the choice to choose for something with a little more depth really.

yes, you can say people can find it for themselves so they do have a choice, but only a few, the brave who break away from he majority and find the strength to think for themselves to make choices that will enrich their lives. Because the media and society is pretty much set up to thwart people from thinking for themselves and true artists are not really given the same opportunity so that their voice and ideas can reach people on the same level as pop stars are, because real artists are dangerous, or so say. This is also why I think it's funny when M is called a 'pop star'. Not true.
I have never understood this 'pop star' label for him, especially now.

yes, you can say people can find it for themselves so they do have a choice, but only a few, the brave who break away from the majority and find the strength to think for themselves to make choices that will enrich their lives. Because the media and society is pretty much set up to thwart people from thinking for themselves and true artists are not really given the same opportunity so that their voice and ideas can reach people on the same level as pop stars are, because real artists are dangerous, or so they say. This is also why I think it's funny when M is called a 'pop star'. Not true.

Hi DavidK :love:
You'd think a doomed romantic like himself would realize that with time, the Swifts and Spears are all forgotten about, or reduced to cultural footnotes, while the Reeds and Bolans get the respect. I'd rather be loved by a few than liked by a million. Nick Carter won't be discussed in 40 years, but Nick Cave will. I'd like it if Morrissey would try to keep his last chapters clean, but life is a wretchedly messy thing, innit? So there will be a few more adjectives preceding his name in death. He'll still be considered and discussed in 40 years.
If we're still here then.

You'd think a doomed romantic like himself would realize that with time, the Swifts and Spears are all forgotten about, or reduced to cultural footnotes, while the Reeds and Bolans get the respect. I'd rather be loved by a few than liked by a million. Nick Carter won't be discussed in 40 years, but Nick Cave will. I'd like it if Morrissey would try to keep his last chapters clean, but life is a wretchedly messy thing, innit? So there will be a few more adjectives preceding his name in death. He'll still be considered and discussed in 40 years.
If we're still here then.

he knows they'll be forgotten. I feel he would prefer, just like Reed and Bolan probably did, that it would be nice to see justice done in ones own lifetime.

the story IS old, but it (sadly) goes on...

he knows they'll be forgotten. I feel he would prefer, just like Reed and Bolan probably did, that it would be nice to see justice done in ones own lifetime.

the story IS old, but it (sadly) goes on...
Justice is often done, but usually when the recipient is too old to care anymore.

Justice is often done, but usually when the recipient is too old to care anymore.

or more likely are already dead.

they care, don't let any of them fool you.

Justice needs to be done before it's too late, justice for the artist and justice for the people.

it's unfortunate that too many greats have already passed.

or more likely are already dead.

they care, don't let any of them fool you.

Justice needs to be done before it's too late, justice for the artist and justice for the people.

it's unfortunate that too many greats have already passed.
Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 9.06.08 PM.png

i might give Bukowski a chance someday, or is it too late for him? and me ? :lbf:

just read a new bio on Reed, and people think he wouldn't care about such things, but after reading it one can see that he really would of wanted to be acknowledged by the crappy hall of fame( while alive), though he wouldn't admit it, I can see him on the other side giving a finger to them throwing a beer and yelling F...CK U ! IT'S TOO LATE MAN!

heart breaking, to say the least.

Aw Bukowski fan! Ham On Rye is one of my favourite books. Post Office and Factotum are damn good too. He's definitely an acquired taste. I recommended him to someone who I thought would get him. Evidently she was horrified and accused me of being a deviant who liked debauchery.

Aw Bukowski fan! Ham On Rye is one of my favourite books. Post Office and Factotum are damn good too. He's definitely an acquired taste. I recommended him to someone who I thought would get him. Evidently she was horrified and accused me of being a deviant who liked debauchery.
Great writer, but in real life he was quite the pig in human's body. Always drunk.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom