Morrissey statement on tour cancellation - true-to-you.net

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Tuesday June 10th
- true-to-you.net

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House
2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater

Related press:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
so very disappointed. on the last tour, chicago was "rescheduled" 2 or 3 times before being cancelled. this tour i was so looking forward to his show at civic opera house. i get so excited to see him and it's a tremendous letdown when he cancels. like santa not showing up. but i can't stop being a fan. he's still the only songwriter/singer that has truly spoken to ME. he will always be number one with me.

All I can say is that I am very glad that I didn't even attempt to see the Flint show this time around. I did not arrange for a hotel, I did not ask my brother to get a couple days off work.

I cannot believe (though I knew it likely) that he yet again cancelled on Flint. Insane.

Bought four tickets to the show at Artpark at $266 total and got a $228 refund. How nice. I guess they still think the deserve the extra fees for printing a ticket. Or maybe they stole my money to buy Morrissey some flowers?

Seriously?
You're concerned because you don't know where Morrissey is?
Good Christ. You must either be 13 years old or live in a box or both.

Considering he just cancelled a tour, yes. He could be very ill and a fan would be concerned.

Wasn't he spotted at the Lakers game a few days after the cancellation of the tour or was that just anoymous trolling?

Trolling on twitter. I think Nancy Sinatra was there but if he was there would have been photos.

He's been very quiet and hasn't been seen anywhere. This concerns me.

Actually, a friend of mine from Birmingham, England said he was spotted in a pub in that vicinity over the weekend.
He said Morrissey wanted to be left alone, but did shake hands with a few fans who recognized him. My friend was certain that it was 'the' Morrissey.
I'm pretty sure there's something on Twitter about it.

Actually, a friend of mine from Birmingham, England said he was spotted in a pub in that vicinity over the weekend.
He said Morrissey wanted to be left alone, but did shake hands with a few fans who recognized him. My friend was certain that it was 'the' Morrissey.

Are you saying that Morrissey was actually spotted in Birmingham?

Dammit, I just washed the Lanos. I was going to swing by the Marq and pick him up in the way to Vegas so he could help me wrangle my mom. Surely he wouldn't mind sitting in the backseat and passing her frapuccinos, I'd give him tips on sitting upwind from her for two days during the first smoke break in Baker. :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom