Morrissey statement on tour cancellation - true-to-you.net

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Tuesday June 10th
- true-to-you.net

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House
2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater

Related press:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
He has an Irish passport and travels on an Irish passport, however.

Then he has dual nationality. But it has nothing to do with biology. There is no such thing as Irish blood. Irish roots, yes. No blood test can determine if someone is Irish or not.

Then he has dual nationality. But it has nothing to do with biology. There is no such thing as Irish blood. Irish roots, yes. No blood test can determine if someone is Irish or not.

Don't they have a test where they can determine your ethnic makeup?

I was replying to the person who said he was English b/c he was born in England. I didn't use the term "biologically", that was someone else, though I think that person was prob referring to ethnicity.

He is ethnically Irish with dual-citizenship yet chooses to travel on his Irish passport and not that of the UK, which is revealing of what he identifies more with, IMO.

I was replying to the person who said he was English b/c he was born in England. I didn't use the term "biologically", that was someone else, though I think that person was prob referring to ethnicity.

He is ethnically Irish with dual-citizenship yet chooses to travel on his Irish passport and not that of the UK, which is revealing of what he identifies more with, IMO.

Please see original thread that started this. It alludes to his inherent "Irish-ness"...

I have no idea why this just came to me, but..... remember when Matt Walker came on here, registered as a user and made one or two statements in 2012 when he quit the band? That was pretty cool. Interesting that Morrissey was able to look past this when bringing him back into the band, given his known hatred for this site and his history of pettiness.

Would love a statement from Matt on current affairs. Not likely!

Also curious as to who the mole was who tipped off this site on the tour being axed hours before official word came down. The one who signed "Good Day to All" (or similar) with the date noted below.

I googled "Morrissey dual citizenship" because it was the first I had heard of it. There is one mention of it on the internet. By you on this thread.

That makes two.

I have no idea why this just came to me, but..... remember when Matt Walker came on here, registered as a user and made one or two statements in 2012 when he quit the band? That was pretty cool. Interesting that Morrissey was able to look past this when bringing him back into the band, given his known hatred for this site and his history of pettiness.

Would love a statement from Matt on current affairs. Not likely!

Also curious as to who the mole was who tipped off this site on the tour being axed hours before official word came down. The one who signed "Good Day to All" (or similar) with the date noted below.

Curiosity killed the cat, no? ;)

There won't be a statement from Matt. If he values his job, that is.

The 'Walker' bros sister left a comment on KY's Facebook when Ms Young tried to clarify the statement that was released on TTY.

-I can't recall it word for word, but she said something like: This situation is strange (pertaining to Ms Young's sacking and the statement released on TTY) and that Morrissey's "impossible" to work with. That comment may have been deleted by now, just like most of the "personal" ones left on Ms Young's Facebook. Which makes me wonder why they bother in the first place.

Drama Drama Drama.

As for Morrissey, he has left the USA. That is all I can say, sorry.

I googled "Morrissey dual citizenship" because it was the first I had heard of it. There is one mention of it on the internet. By you on this thread.

That makes two.

He does have dual citizenship, although I don't know why this tidbit of information would be of interest..

Yes he's in the UK.

The person who leaked the statement could have been a webmaster on TTY. Surely Julia doesn't physically change the website herself.

Matt Walker is a hell of a drummer and a runner to boot. I feel bad he won't get paid for the rest of the tour. Sucks for the band, who aren't rich like Morrissey.

I've got an envelope full of tickets from cancelled shows over the past 10 years. I'm waiting for a local framing shop to send out their monthly coupons and am going to have a framed collage made to remind me of cancelled tours past.

Let's face it, if he tours again, we'll still go to as many shows as we can. What can I say - when he's 'on' (and he has been for the last several years we've seen him), there's nothing like it. I just enjoy the piss out of the music and that's what it's all about.

Curiosity killed the cat, no? ;)

There won't be a statement from Matt. If he values his job, that is.

The 'Walker' bros sister left a comment on KY's Facebook when Ms Young tried to clarify the statement that was released on TTY.

-I can't recall it word for word, but she said something like: This situation is strange (pertaining to Ms Young's sacking and the statement released on TTY) and that Morrissey's "impossible" to work with. That comment may have been deleted by now, just like most of the "personal" ones left on Ms Young's Facebook. Which makes me wonder why they bother in the first place.

Drama Drama Drama.

As for Morrissey, he has left the USA. That is all I can say, sorry.

You can't say how he's feeling? More people would be interested in news on that front than the information you posted above.

I'd leave the US too if it had turned out so nightmarish. :(

Seems like every time he cancels a tour it's respiratory. Who cares who gave it to him? He sings, stresses his respiratory tract, and is 55 years old. I had tickets to Chicago and saw him in Austin this year, just because I am afraid he is going to die before he goes on tour again. I guess the Rolling Stones are over 70, and still tour.

Jesse Tobias just issued a statement on TTY. this is getting very ugly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom