Morrissey statement on tour cancellation - true-to-you.net

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Tuesday June 10th
- true-to-you.net

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House
2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater

Related press:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be sexist now. Men lie about their age too along with a whole lot of other things. This guy I knew personally always subtracted 4 years from his age and also lied about being a vegetarian:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ap...7610&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dd8f3df04d472ee,0

He was also on the Smiths e-mail lists back in the 90s so some of the old schoolers may have known him as well.

By the way, I'm sure Morrissey didn't say he was celibate for decades. He called himself celibate around 1991. How do you know if he was putting out then? Did he go into detail in his book about banging? (Other than girls seducing him when he was a juvenile which left a bad impression on him?)

Men lie all the time. Met this one guy, said he was a fighter pilot, related to bill gates, and had a 10 in dick. It turned out to be all lies. The last part I know for sure.

"collapsed", "acute fever", "respiratory infection"...

...I fear the worst. Morrissey's health seems to be getting worse and worse each year...why bother with a tour if you're going to cancel? AGAIN? AND AGAIN?

Serious illness isn't something to take lightly. And Morrissey seems to be very ill, all the time.

Such a shame :( I hope he gets better very soon.

I wonder he he woke up today, found that the sniffles had cleared up, and feels like an ass for all this nonsense?

Yeah right.

:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
"collapsed", "acute fever", "respiratory infection"...

...I fear the worst. Morrissey's health seems to be getting worse and worse each year...why bother with a tour if you're going to cancel? AGAIN? AND AGAIN?

Serious illness isn't something to take lightly. And Morrissey seems to be very ill, all the time.
Im really worried that Morrissey is cancelling so much that the next time Morrissey tries to book concert venues, the concert venues wont let him book and perform because they know he will cancel! :(

Last edited:
Im really worried that Morrissey is cancelling so much that the next time Morrissey tries to book at concert venues, the concert venues wont let him book and preform because they know he will cancel! :(

That and who in their right mind would give him insurance?

Thank you Kewpie, when I do that it states that page can not be displayed

I believe you can see following on your monitor?
If you can't, you should do check up your computer.

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Tuesday June 10th - true-to-you.net

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".

On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever".

Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.

For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.

Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House
2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater

I wish we could get an update and know he's ok and not in a coma or something.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom