Morrissey Solo's Lyrics - Where Do You Stand?

Morrissey Solo's Lyrics - Where Do You Stand?

• Morrissey is as brilliant a wordsmith as ever. It's YOU that's changed!

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • There may be less wit and Englishness but Morrissey's lyrics still rule my world

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • The lyrics aren't as good as the old days (i.e. Vauxhall) but I ENJOY them just as much

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I have to admit that there's been a decline in the last three albums, but I'm still well on board

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • The slide in lyrical quality is beginning to turn me off, but never underestimate Moz.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The decline is not a matter of opinion -- it's empirical. He's losing it, fast.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • With each new album and song I despair. The lyrics are plain awful!

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
I could be wrong,as for him stating in recent interviews conc reading but--- didnt he rather stay he stopped reading modern Novels and not stopped reading books altogether nowadays?

fascinating dialogue as always between worm and Anaesthesine,whenever it occurs.
and 123xyz thoughts as well.
and ...i learned a new english word: intransigence. sooo ... solo CAN be educational sometimes....

i always wondered, worm....are you a writer?

I could be wrong,as for him stating in recent interviews conc reading but--- didnt he rather stay he stopped reading modern Novels and not stopped reading books altogether nowadays?

fascinating dialogue as always between worm and Anaesthesine,whenever it occurs.
and 123xyz thoughts as well.
and ...i learned a new english word: intransigence. sooo ... solo CAN be educational sometimes....

i always wondered, worm....are you a writer?

Not so you'd notice. But thanks. :)

Not so you'd notice. But thanks. :)

meaning you arent published?,,aha i see.
you`re welcome.
so whats your job then?....pardon my curiousity and of course you dont have to answer.

meaning you arent published?,,aha i see.
you`re welcome.
so whats your job then?....pardon my curiousity and of course you dont have to answer.

Like most, I'm a wage-slave office lackey. Completely unremarkable in every way. Wish I had a more interesting answer. :rolleyes:

So long as he's connecting with the New York City of the 70s, and not grasping for prestige in places like Carnegie Hall...yeesh. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with Carnegie Hall?

Carnegie Hall was the most dispiriting Morrissey gig I've ever witnessed (and I've seen some pretty iffy shows). What made it even sillier was the fact that it followed close on the Bowery Ballroom show, which was unquestionably one of the best. His remarks at Carnegie Hall: "take that, Bowery Ballroom!" (or something to that effect). The man is reflexively perverse. :rolleyes:

Morrissey tweets.

Don't crush my dreams.

No, I don't need Morrissey to put out another album as good as "The Queen Is Dead" or "Vauxhall and I". Of course I'd like to see him try, and maybe get close...

I'll give Morrissey this: he has been trying, and he's been trying without looking back. His well may be running a bit dry these days, but he's sending that bucket all the way down to the bottom...

Utterly, completely perverse. He never acknowledges "The Queen Is Dead" as his career pinnacle largely because everyone else does. Meanwhile the weakest are the most loved.

You may admire Morrissey's Great Refusal, but I admire his Unceasing Perversity. The man is a true wonder in that department, and it will never end. I cannot wait for his memoir: normally "celebrity" autobiographies are a terrible snore, but if Morrissey stays true to form there should be platinum (or at least a little gold dust) on every page.

You may admire Morrissey's Great Refusal, but I admire his Unceasing Perversity. The man is a true wonder in that department, and it will never end. I cannot wait for his memoir: normally "celebrity" autobiographies are a terrible snore, but if Morrissey stays true to form there should be platinum (or at least a little gold dust) on every page.

Based on the excerpt he released about ghosts on the moors, you're going to get plenty of gold dust. Let's face it, though, Morrissey would not be true to himself if he didn't leave an ocean of secrets unrevealed. I suspect we'll know more than we know now, but not much. His style will be the reason to read it. I just hope an editor doesn't let him run wild with purple prose. I will love the book no matter what its flaws so long as it isn't self-indulgent. Well, I mean, excessively self-indulgent. :rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it will be the spiritual brother of Dylan's Chronicles in how much it reveals...and how much more it doesn't reveal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it will be the spiritual brother of Dylan's Chronicles in how much it reveals...and how much more it doesn't reveal.

Absolutely. I think the liner notes for the Southpaw and Maladjusted re-releases are probably a big indication of what we're in for.

His worst lyrics are still better than what most other people can come up with at their best. His style has changed over the years but I don't know about the quality, there were always sublime and the occassional cringeworthy lyric, does nobody remember Accept Yourself?

His worst lyrics are still better than what most other people can come up with at their best. His style has changed over the years but I don't know about the quality, there were always sublime and the occassional cringeworthy lyric, does nobody remember Accept Yourself?

"Accept Yourself" is wonderful. It may not be his best lyric, but I don't think it's bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom