Morrissey refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

Re: Morrissey Refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

Perhaps he will show up to see Linder Sterling in Oslo on Thursday instead: nymusikk.no/no/hva-skjer/linder-sterling

Re: Morrissey Refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

There's more than a grain of truth in this. In situations he can control, in situations where he can dictate his output, he has always done so. But in situations where he cannot control his output, in the form of questions put to him by inquisitors who are not friends (i.e Jonathan Ross), he is intensely uncomfortable. It's a control thing.

P.

Oh very true.
"He is was that insecure that he has had to build his own world, the beauty of the smiths was the tap dance and fight between his world and the "real world".
Alas Morrissey post 1999 has had held no such interest - apart from to think mexicans and tattooed fat Americans...His life is that of an indie Elton John..He means nothing and has nothing to say now. Thus he creates a fuss where he can. In the absence of worth we find wank"

Was the Duck-Dynasty a no win situation Lynnda ? Yes or No will do.

No one should associate with the Duck Dynasty crew, not only because of their enjoyment of the suffering of defenseless animals, but also because they represent the lowest form of entertainment. They, and other reality tv stars, have made it acceptable to be uneducated, uncultured, and blatantly stupid. Not everyone in America is like this, but the rest of the world thinks so because of our television "celebrities". It's embarrassing; so, yes I think that he was right to refuse to appear with them. Morrissey rarely sits down for an interview, so he most likely would not have engaged in a conversation with these people. Then his detractors would have called him a hypocrite for appearing on a show that also featured animal murderers. If he had been given the opportunity to debate them, Kimmel would have turned it into a joke, a publicity stunt, and why should Morrissey allow himself to be a target for a silly late night show's feeble and failed attempt at comedy. More importantly, how can you debate a group of complete morons. It's a waste of breath. The Duck Dynasty incident was definitely another no-win situation, and the people at the Kimmel show were either negligent in their scheduling process or were intentionally trying to stir up trouble.

lynnda

a simple apology to the parents of the slain children would have been apropo.

No one should associate with the Duck Dynasty crew, not only because of their enjoyment of the suffering of defenseless animals, but also because they represent the lowest form of entertainment. They, and other reality tv stars, have made it acceptable to be uneducated, uncultured, and blatantly stupid. Not everyone in America is like this, but the rest of the world thinks so because of our television "celebrities". It's embarrassing; so, yes I think that he was right to refuse to appear with them. Morrissey rarely sits down for an interview, so he most likely would not have engaged in a conversation with these people. Then his detractors would have called him a hypocrite for appearing on a show that also featured animal murderers. If he had been given the opportunity to debate them, Kimmel would have turned it into a joke, a publicity stunt, and why should Morrissey allow himself to be a target for a silly late night show's feeble and failed attempt at comedy. More importantly, how can you debate a group of complete morons. It's a waste of breath. The Duck Dynasty incident was definitely another no-win situation, and the people at the Kimmel show were either negligent in their scheduling process or were intentionally trying to stir up trouble.

lynnda

Another no win situation (Face palm) so the answer should have been a straight Yes to the original question.

He's not very good at winning is he ? He comes across as very weak when he has to stand up for his beliefs, he's not someone you would want by your side in the trenches.
Limp wristed scaredy cat would be a good description.
Quick start the car leg it.

Yes it would but he hasn't has he ?
It's Nobel concert eve which can only mean one thing ! "Lets get ready to rumble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good people of Oslo are you ready !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make some noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boo him, make quacking noises at him, make chicken noises at him, hiss him like a panto villan, hurl things at him such as white feathers, eggs, flour, frankfurters, burgers, chicken nuggets, yellow-water, giblets, rotten fruit.
Turn your back to him.

The world is watching you Oslo you can do this.

Benny-the-Butcher

Hang on a minute you can't have it both ways pal ! He's either an outspoken artist or he's not, now which is it ?
He's not going to the press conference because he might have to answer questions put to him on the spot to which he needs a few days to think up some bullshit reply to make himself look such a clever Trevor. That's why he always turns down the invite to appear on Question time (BBC politics debate show) for all he has to say he just can't back it up when put on the spot, his chum Braindamage had a go at it but failed big time and came out looking like the only gay in the village idiot.
So running scared is a very fair comment really.
Give him pelters Oslo.
Who'd have thought our big tough guy from 'Salford school of hard knocks' can't even fight back with words, dear oh dear.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if his poor health saves the day for him again.

Benny-the-Butcher

Post of the solo career

Coward won't own up for what he said.

Typical Morrissey. He's got a big mouth until someone calls him on it.[/Q

He is no longer taken seriously by the media and continues to spout the same bull shit about the royals.

Morrissey face the press or shut your mouth

Who put the 'M' in "Mummies-Boy" ? :bow::lbf::mock::laughing::rofl:

The comments of the usual suspects - I didn't even bother to read beyond Benny the B and JB's YouTube post - amply demonstrate just what a joke So_Low has become. Either davidT should ban these trolls (every other forum on the planet can manage this) OR davidT should have the guts to explicitly agree that this site IS anti-Morrissey. DavidT is the one who ought to stand up and be counted here. Morrissey was invited to sing, there's no reason on earth why he should be commandeered into taking part in a Press Conference.

So come on David, admit it: you love The Smiths, you love Morrissey up to and including Vauxhall, but you've been disappointed with pretty much everything he's done since then... and somehow this disappoitment has eaten away inside you, egged on by JB et al, until it developed into an unbridled anti-Morrissey obsession and that's now the main focus of this site, right? Having been thrown out of a concert, you're more determined than ever that this is the way you can get your "revenge" (what happened to all those bigmouths on here who were pretending to be lawyers and advising you to sue?). If this is not the case, why does every single front page story degenerate into an anti-Morrissey slanging match which could be easily prevented by banning a handfiul of infantile trolls whose hilariously contrived attacks on Moz appear with asinine predictability?

Come on, David - is this a site for Haters or Fans? And which camp do YOU fall into? You're evidently so proud of Morrissey's dismissal of this site that you've even tagged his phrase to the site name (and don't tell us you did so with ironic intent, that's not going to convince anyone).

And do please tell us why you won't just ban trolls like JB, Benny the B and Brummie Boy? Every other website on the internet can manage to ban trolls without anyone protesting that it impinges on their right to free speech.

You mean an apology by the murderer, right? Surely, you don't mean to suggest that Morrissey slayed the children.

GoneForeverNotQuite

Claiming animal and human lives are equally important is the equivalent of claiming fetuses and fully realized adult women are equally important. An animal death is not the same as a human death. A death of a fetus is not the same as an adult female. Just like the loss of property is not the same as loss of life. No matter how many buildings you blow up, it will never be worse than the loss of one human life. Same with animals. There is no strength in numbers here. Human life trumps animal life.

It is disturbing to know there are misanthropes and non-humanists who claim otherwise. These people don't value human life more, because they don't value human life, period. They are human haters. Ask them some key questions and you will find this to be the case. They are pessimists, cynics, think humans are basically evil and bad. And that animals are precious, innocent.

It really is due to some psychological, faulty wiring. A deep seated personalty flaw... like the self-hating Jew, or gay, or white. Guilt, shame, low-self esteem, compels them to hate all humans because they essentially hate themselves.

One who loves him/herself and values human life would be deeply upset by Morrissey's comments. That he harbors these sentiments is disturbing enough. That he has to broadcast them in the wake of a tragedy in front of a large audience makes him careless and insensitive.

If Morrissey had any balls, he'd man up and attend the press conference. He could share his feelings of regret. Or stick to his guns. Either way, avoidance equals cowardice.

He's good with the poison pen but not so good on the spot, in real time.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not going to like my post. :(

What a crock...

- marred.

The comments of the usual suspects - I didn't even bother to read beyond Benny the B and JB's YouTube post - amply demonstrate just what a joke So_Low has become. Either davidT should ban these trolls (every other forum on the planet can manage this) OR davidT should have the guts to explicitly agree that this site IS anti-Morrissey. DavidT is the one who ought to stand up and be counted here. Morrissey was invited to sing, there's no reason on earth why he should be commandeered into taking part in a Press Conference.

So come on David, admit it: you love The Smiths, you love Morrissey up to and including Vauxhall, but you've been disappointed with pretty much everything he's done since then... and somehow this disappoitment has eaten away inside you, egged on by JB et al, until it developed into an unbridled anti-Morrissey obsession and that's now the main focus of this site, right? Having been thrown out of a concert, you're more determined than ever that this is the way you can get your "revenge" (what happened to all those bigmouths on here who were pretending to be lawyers and advising you to sue?). If this is not the case, why does every single front page story degenerate into an anti-Morrissey slanging match which could be easily prevented by banning a handfiul of infantile trolls whose hilariously contrived attacks on Moz appear with asinine predictability?

Come on, David - is this a site for Haters or Fans? And which camp do YOU fall into? You're evidently so proud of Morrissey's dismissal of this site that you've even tagged his phrase to the site name (and don't tell us you did so with ironic intent, that's not going to convince anyone).

And do please tell us why you won't just ban trolls like JB, Benny the B and Brummie Boy? Every other website on the internet can manage to ban trolls without anyone protesting that it impinges on their right to free speech.

I think, unlike you, he believes in free speech.

Of course, if that rats' nest you call a brain functioned correctly you might have the gumption to form an argument which illustrated why you think others are wrong, rather than just bitch and moan and call for bans.

Try slamming your head in a car door. It might help.

The site itself is neutral and is not a 'hater' site. If you can find that I am actively deleting posts supporting Morrissey then you might have a point but that just doesn't happen.

You mean an apology by the murderer, right? Surely, you don't mean to suggest that Morrissey slayed the children.

GoneForeverNotQuite

I don't think anyone expects an apology from the psychopath in this story, but an apology from the sociopath who unnecessarily involved himself would be nice.

“We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Shit every day."

It gets worse every time.

In twenty-four hours we will see either the righteous anger of the Norwegian people or their compassion.

For the second time in a few short months tonight Morrissey finds himself in a hotel room involuntarily shitting himself.

The site itself is neutral and is not a 'hater' site. If you can find that I am actively deleting posts supporting Morrissey then you might have a point but that just doesn't happen.

So why stick with the 'hateful online creche' thing? It was funny for a day or two but certainly ain't anymore, and it's almost as if you're revelling in all the hatred.

I can only answer for myself but your wrong when you describe me a 'troll' ! I like to question things that are presented to me/put to me ! I have NEVER put my hand in the fire just because I've been told to.
Would it be fair to say you don't like people who don't fall in line or do as they are told ?

Benny-the-Butcher

“We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried Shit every day."

It gets worse every time.

Your biased viewpoints is over-apparent in the fact that you, just like the media, continue to misquote him. The youtube video posted yesterday shows what he actually said. Are you one of the many people Morrissey has ignored or disappointed in his career? Is that why you show up every single day only to spread hate? You are clearly not a fan, that's for sure.

What kind of 'Pop artist' has a fan thrown out of gig ? That really was a childish stupid thing to do ! Honestly ! Pathetic !

Benny-the-Butcher

I know it really annoys people like you to do a Google search for Morrissey and see that but really it's not a big deal. I wouldn't say I'm proud of it, but it is what Morrissey called it. Considering he is fairly hateful towards others himself, I suppose it can be considered a positive endorsement.

So why stick with the 'hateful online creche' thing? It was funny for a day or two but certainly ain't anymore, and it's almost as if you're revelling in all the hatred.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom