Morrissey racist?

Are Jews really a race? No more so than Catholics or Protestants.

This question is only relevant if you choose to interpret "racism" in the narrowest way possible.

What makes Jews any more 'a people' than Catholics or Protestants (outside the Jewish head)?

Ethnicity.

(I know I'm going to regret this, but I must add that no one asked all those Jews whether or not they believe in god or how strictly they keep the kosher rules before they put them in gas chambers. They died because they were seen as a members of race, not because the actual practice of one religion or another. I believe these things happened outside the Jewish head.)

i talked to scott briefly a few times

- not knowing that he works with spencer, i asked him, what he thinks about morrissey, his answer was "love" -> appearently he loves him as much as the general writer on this forum, he even sang a smiths-song for his sisters wedding.... (last night i dreamt...)

- also he is playing smiths-songs on tour

- he apologised on facebook for any offence ha may have caused, im very sure that he would tell no lies though

thats just the facts that I know about

as for morrissey, i think that happened, but Im sure, he didnt mean it in any bad way. you know, with him, its always a bit different, isntit?

cheers

Honestly, I'm disgusted that people aren't taking this more seriously. An obviously reliable source passes along an anecdote like that, and everyone just brushes it off? I'm deeply disappointed in Morrissey. It's morally reprehensible in every possible way. The notion that Morrissey-- Morrissey-- would even think of using another Spencer Cobrin composition is simply devastating to ponder. Shame on all of you.

The notion that Morrissey-- Morrissey-- would even think of using another Spencer Cobrin composition is simply devastating to ponder. Shame on all of you.

I don't really get what you are saying here.
First you say shame on Morrissey but then imply that Spencer is the villain.

:confused:

Honestly, I'm disgusted that people aren't taking this more seriously. An obviously reliable source passes along an anecdote like that, and everyone just brushes it off? I'm deeply disappointed in Morrissey. It's morally reprehensible in every possible way. The notion that Morrissey-- Morrissey-- would even think of using another Spencer Cobrin composition is simply devastating to ponder. Shame on all of you.

At first I was all nervous and then I was all whew.

while i agree that it's possible that the two of them could have had a sort of jokey racist rapport going on that we're not aware of, if this anecdote is accurate then surely spencer's reaction indicates that this is not the case.

i don't think morrissey is a racist though.

LOL
although spencer seems like a nice guy

Spencer has always been the villain. You should have caught on years ago. Licking an ice cream cone is his villainish villain's tic, like putting a pinky to his lips or stroking the fur of a saturnine pussy. Morrissey only communicates with him by fax because he knows if he gets too close he'll be turned into a pillar of margarine.

This question is only relevant if you choose to interpret "racism" in the narrowest way possible.

Ethnicity.

(I know I'm going to regret this, but I must add that no one asked all those Jews whether or not they believe in god or how strictly they keep the kosher rules before they put them in gas chambers. They died because they were seen as a members of race, not because the actual practice of one religion or another. I believe these things happened outside the Jewish head.)

You're using Nazi perception to back up your argument.

I interpret racism in the correct way. Judaism has nothing to do with race.

I agree with OL.

I worked for an Israeli company and all the top positions were held by Israeli people. I interacted directly with them on a daily basis. There was always a pretty distinct line between being Israeli and being Jewish. Some of the people were both but hating Jews is like hating Muslims. Either group can be from anywhere and be of any race.

We all knew already that Morrissey sometimes has an infantile, inappropriate sense of humour and a lack of social skills, didn't we. :D

We all knew already that Morrissey sometimes has an infantile, inappropriate sense of humour and a lack of social skills, didn't we. :D

Are you kidding? Those are two of the best and most important reasons why we love him. :guitar: :)

While Judaism may have nothing to do with race, Jewish people are forming an ethnic group. Racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination are the same thing, unless you think that the literal meaning is more important than the essence. I would guess that in most countries where racism is outlawed, there is no legal difference between the two. The UN also doesn't discriminate (hihi) between them as far as I know.

I was using the Nazi perception as an example because it's easy, and because everybody knows about that. Are you know expanding the 'outside the Jewish head' to 'outside the Jewish head and the Nazi head'? :)

Nothing to be ashamed of - an absent grasp of sarcasm is an endearing trait. Almost as endearing as the capacity for being sarcastic. :)

cheers

I disagree,
Morrissey sent a private fax and insulted someone, SO WHAT?
When you are attacking someone you use the words that will hurt most, it doesn't mean you actually feel that way.

I think Moz in a mood just thought he would wind the chap up.

All Morrissey is responsible for is being Politically incorrect, as always.

I have actually called my jewish friend "jew boy" on a number of occaisons and when he is talking about his sex life I say "Save your stories of filthy jewish sex, please".
It means nothing, I am joking he knows it, I know it.

I am getting very fed up with certain people on here, who are determined to see the worst in any situation when it comes to Morrissey's antics.

I some times think people have come on here looking for Cliff Richard and found Moz.

Worm what country are you from?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom